Accounts Given As Gifts. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Accounts Given As Gifts.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

What if you have an account you use that was given to you by a friend as a gift and you dont know the info he used and email address it was registered with and now you cant find that friend who gave you that account. does that mean that the account is doomed because you cant add it in your master account? as far as i know, you need to type in the email address the game account it was registered with to complete the linking process.

Edited by Hulk, 23 July 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

Since accounts sharing isn't really liked around here, I would probably guess that it's the goal. =o

#3 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

Sorry but, am i missing something here?
So we can link an account even if its not yours? For KP sharing purposes is that what it is?

#4 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

@OP
Yeah, generally, that account is doomed without knowing the account information and e-mail used in it. However, I have heard of cases where you can prove that the account is now yours based on who has been paying for the account recently. Send in a ticket, state you case, and see what they can do about it.

@iCare
No. Basically, Warp Portal is just a way to put all your accounts into one "master" account which just makes it more convenient for you to manage your accounts. This is especially helpful for people who own multiple accounts since now, they can just buy and distribute their Kafra Points in any way they wish among all their accounts.

#5 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

Alternatively, if you are still in contact with the person who gave you the account, they can send a ticket to Warp Portal and have the contact information changed over to your information. This has worked in the past for people I know that were given accounts and later ran into ownership issues with them.

Or, as Prod said, if you can show you have been paying for the account they may accommodate you. Gravity might strongly advise against sharing accounts/changing ownership but they know we do it anyway. As long as you can show the account was given to you through legitimate means and you've been paying for it then everything should work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users