Words that seem harmless to say

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Currently the only one I can think of is "Goof" - Do not call someone this to someone in real life, if you wish to call them "Goofy" that' should be accaptable, but please, do not shorten the word to goof as it can result in you getting pumbled into the ground. -

I'm not sure who started it; But calling someone this is calling the person a Pedophile, and basically claiming that you want to fight them. (I was 17 when I got nocked out by someone for calling them this name, as I didn't know the meaning of such word)

- This is a jail term, and jail terms should stay in places like jail, but often those that have been to jail (often are there for long periods of time), and have this kind of mentality when they get out of jail.

This is just something that I figured the general population should know about. - It lessers the chances of learning the meaning of such word "the hard way"

Feel free to call people this online, if you intend to insult them/believe they have a thing for minors :handshake: - You can't get punched in the face for calling someone a goof online. - However, if you call someone this irl; I'd hope you'd be expecting a fight shortly after.

#2 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Also, remember what your seceret questions where for password retrevals, it could be a simple question that someone might ask you, and you'll answer them without thinking nothing of it.

#3 vinxer

vinxer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationMéxico
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

Posted Image

#4 Luxiemg

Luxiemg

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

Posted Image

Oh you Goof.

#5 StarStrukk

StarStrukk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

I call everyone around me a goof. I call my girlfriend a goof all the time

#6 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

I don't understand the point you are trying to make in a gaming forum that is going to do the exact opposite that you say.
That's like telling the FunnyJunk Community not to repost. It's going to happen.

Edited by Shadowsasuke7, 16 August 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#7 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

I don't understand the point you are trying to make in a gaming forum that is going to do the exact opposite that you say.
That's like telling the FunnyJunk Community not to repost. It's going to happen.

+1

#8 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

I never expected people here to not call me a goof after, infact I would have been suprised if no one did because trolls exist here.

I posted this as a warning so maybe SOMEONE that may have said this word to the wrong person, won't end up with a fractured face like I did.

On a side note; even though I did time in jail, I don't have a jail mentality, someone could call me a goof irl, and I wouldn't do nothing about it. - Mind you say that to me if I'm inside, and its a scrap, I don't care how much bigger you are, if you don't scrap that person in jail after being called that, you're getting jumped by the whole range.

My point is, some people keep this jail mentality outside of jail. - So be careful.

Edited by CaNehDa, 16 August 2011 - 04:46 PM.

#9 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I never expected people here to not call me a goof after, infact I would have been suprised if no one did because trolls exist here.

I posted this as a warning so maybe SOMEONE that may have said this word to the wrong person, won't end up with a fractured face like I did.

On a side note; even though I did time in jail, I don't have a jail mentality, someone could call me a goof irl, and I wouldn't do nothing about it. - Mind you say that to me if I'm inside, and its a scrap, I don't care how much bigger you are, if you don't scrap that person in jail after being called that, you're getting jumped by the whole range.

My point is, some people keep this jail mentality outside of jail. - So be careful.

Again, that's like telling the FunnyJunk community/ 4Chan Community to keep Meme jokes inside of FunnyJunk/4Chan, When we all know, It always goes somewhere else.
Another way of me saying this is, People know that stuff like this doesn't stay in the same place where it originated from. You don't have to post a thread about it stating that. Might as well keep it to yourself and avoid the trolls and the Negative Reppers.

Edited by Shadowsasuke7, 16 August 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#10 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

Again, that's like telling the FunnyJunk community/ 4Chan Community to keep Meme jokes inside of FunnyJunk/4Chan, When we all know, It always goes somewhere else.
Another way of me saying this is, People know that stuff like this doesn't stay in the same place where it originated from. You don't have to post a thread about it stating that. Might as well keep it to yourself and avoid the trolls and the Negative Reppers.

Did you know what the word goof meant before reading this thread? go ask your friends what the word means. -

Fact is, unless you've done time in jail, or heard someone else, or yourself use this word and be informed on why the word shouldn't be used, you don't know not to say this word.

I raise awarness here, if people wanna troll me/-1 the post because they wanna troll, so be it; People that troll are breaking forum rules, and what I have posted has not broken any rule.

Even if it's a rare case, reading this post could save someones LIFE. - PEOPLE GET KILLED for using this word. No lie.

I will not take this post down, and if people wish to troll me for hopefully saving someone from broken jaw, fractured eye, bruised ribs, or even worse, death. So be it.

- The post wasn't intended to feed the trolls, but the trolls are always hungry.

Edited by CaNehDa, 16 August 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#11 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

For One: I haven't heard someone say the word "Goof" for about 7 years, until now.

For Two: I never said you broke the rules of the forums, so don't jump to conclusions like that.

For Three: There's a product called "Goof Off", Is this Pedophile Repellent?

For Four: I just simply suggested not to post it here because no one here listens/ really cares about threads like this.

For Five: Get your facts straight.
http://dictionary.re...com/browse/Goof

Edited by Shadowsasuke7, 16 August 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#12 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

For Five: Get your facts straight.
http://dictionary.re...com/browse/Goof

It's a jail slang, look it up on urbandictionary - I'd post the link but the website contains adult laug and stuff So I'm not sure if it would be ok to post.

http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=goof

If I get in trouble for the link having a few swear words on the page, so be it.

For Four: I just simply suggested not to post it here because no one here listens/ really cares about threads like this.

What's it matter that it's here then?

For One: I haven't heard someone say the word "Goof" for about 7 years, until now.

I heard it yesterday, it prompted me to post this.

For Two: I never said you broke the rules of the forums, so don't jump to conclusions like that.

I never claimed you made this accusation.

I call everyone around me a goof. I call my girlfriend a goof all the time

I urge you to stick saying this only to those people you know well. - Obviously you're not going to say it to some random stranger, but talk to someone for a day, and you might call them this out of habbit; and sometimes people's mental condition... They should have stayed in jail :handshake:

- You could even just get in the habbit of saying goofy instead of goof, it's still saying what you want to say :waddle:

Edited by CaNehDa, 16 August 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#13 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

I'm done with the argument lol.

But you never answered my question about Goof Off. :handshake:

#14 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

I'm done with the argument lol.

But you never answered my question about Goof Off. :handshake:

If you use this product while you are a minor, it should help keep pedo's away, however there is no garentee.

#15 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Age 16 count as a minor?

#16 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

Age 16 count as a minor?

Depends on circumstances.

-Also, there is political viewpoint and personal viewpoints. - These tend to differ.

Edited by CaNehDa, 16 August 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#17 Keollyn

Keollyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

You have a great ass.

#18 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

I think they just hit you for being kind of gay and using an incredibly lame insult.

#19 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:03 AM

if you are a hench, bad ass looking mofo you can say what you pretty much like untill you meet someone more bad ass than you are

if you are skinny, ugly, virgin nerd you will get beats...

#20 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

if you are a hench, bad ass looking mofo you can say what you pretty much like untill you meet someone more bad ass than you are

if you are skinny, ugly, virgin nerd you will get beats...

Not quite. if you know what to say, when to say and act like you can back up your words, even if you can't, you won't even get touched 99% of the time.

#21 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

Not quite. if you know what to say, when to say and act like you can back up your words, even if you can't, you won't even get touched 99% of the time.

oh yeah i agree totally, you won't get beats even if you are tinniest guy ever if you act right usually

just meant, if you call someone names and don't look very impressive, well what did you expect. unless you look and behave like a total psycho...

#22 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

oh yeah i agree totally, you won't get beats even if you are tinniest guy ever if you act right usually

just meant, if you call someone names and don't look very impressive, well what did you expect. unless you look and behave like a total psycho...

:D chances are, unless you're 100% not afraid of anything, people can sense a bull-_-ter even if the act is believable; and sometimes the tough guy looks for the guy that acts the toughest just to K.O him in front of everyone to prove a point.

#23 vinxer

vinxer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationMéxico
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

internet stuff should remain on internet
human kind is not ready for such wise knowledge

#24 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

I always felt the word "spigot" had an offensive ring to it. It just sounds hateful.

#25 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

I always felt the word "spigot" had an offensive ring to it. It just sounds hateful.

spigot
Derogatory slang for an indian.

Word is hateful - I guess, according to urban.

Edited by CaNehDa, 17 August 2011 - 03:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users