Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

Like with many of the sprites, people will just adapt to them.

#4 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

They did change it. It looks much better now. /gg

#5 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

I have to agree with Snewt. It does look a lot better than before.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

New sprite is significantly better than the ugly, awkward looking one we had before.

#7 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

i like the new rk sprite more then the old one but then i dont play my rk let alone much of iRO anymore

#8 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

it would appear the majority of people think otherwise though :handshake:

Just because the majority says so, doesn't mean they're right. Logical fallacy.

For you females, i have to agree that the old one is friggin sexy ugly which reminds me of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8&feature=feedu

#9 ironwolf

ironwolf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

The only thing good about the new sprite is the dragon armor. The RK sprite itself looks like a LK with Pally envy with all those crosses on it, I will not be playing my RK anytime soon due to this. Change the sprite back or give us the option to get the old sprite back through a quest or cash shop item.

#10 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

Just because the majority says so, doesn't mean they're right. Logical fallacy.

For you females, i have to agree that the old one is friggin sexy ugly which reminds me of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8&feature=feedu

there is no wrong or right here, this is simply a matter of opinion.
and it would be wiser to please the majority rather than a small minority in this case.

Edited by Agahim, 16 August 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#11 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

iRO is spoiled...everything kRO implements so shall it be.
This isn't a p-server or loljRO with custom crap.

#12 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

nah seriously though, hurray RK now look nearly identical to LK and are much harder to tell gender apart. At least we still have RG for bikini armor >: And if they change that... heads will roll because outside the female's "skirt" (or lack of) RG are fudging awesome.

Not like anyone will play RK when they get the nerf bat update.

iRO is spoiled...everything kRO implements so shall it be.
This isn't a p-server or loljRO with custom crap.

Sure as hell feels like it with all the EXP events making 150 easy, the lucky box BS and the pay to win.

Edited by Tirasu, 16 August 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#13 SoroTrestal

SoroTrestal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

I want the old one back, this new sprite is ugly and dumb

Everyone was asking to bring the new RK sprite, now that it is here people are starting to nag about bringing back the old one ? Sigh o.O

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

The RK sprite itself looks like a LK with Pally envy with all those crosses on it

http://irowiki.org/o...ges/2/2c/LK.PNG

http://irowiki.org/o...s/6/62/PALA.PNG

Compare the two. Which shows more representation of the cross patterns on their armor? If anything, the only thing the Sader/Pally wore in representation of a cross is.....a single cross necklace and no cross patterns on their armors at all. The LK pauldron design was always like that. So I don't see where people are going with.....glorious armor given by the Valkyries to "A Trench Coat look" evolution making more sense.

#15 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

Everyone was asking to bring the new RK sprite, now that it is here people are starting to nag about bringing back the old one ? Sigh o.O

Nope, not really. We just have to suck it up, no one is going to do anything about it. :handshake:

#16 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

You can just imagine hearing about office life every day when you talk to someone at Gravity...

"People keep asking about the new RK sprite."
"People are begging for the new RK sprite."
"People are demanding the new RK sprite."
"People are getting really impatient for the new RK sprite."
"People won't shut up about the goddamn new RK sprite."
"People are complaining that they don't like the new RK sprite."

#17 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

You can just imagine hearing about office life every day when you talk to someone at Gravity...

Except where you put 2 different group of people all in 1? :handshake:

#18 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Except where you put 2 different group of people all in 1? :handshake:

Customer service is fun, isn't it? You have everyone's complaints/requests organized by their individual needs so no one will ever complain.

It isn't exactly a situation where each person can have what they want. Many wanted the RK sprite. It was an update on the other servers. To think we wouldn't get it would be silly. Instead of people getting their panties in a knot over it, how about just trying to show that enough players want a costume system of some kind implemented (which kRO would have to take care of) that it's worth the investment? The demands to "change it back" are just silly.

Just saying that the poor guys can't win, even when they give the community in general what they 'want'.

#19 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Lol.

Now, seriously.

It's too simple why this apparently contradiccion, the people who wanted the new sprite was the people who didn't like the old one and was bitching for it in the forums (and if you read those threads you'll see that they're about 10 guys making alot of fuss) while the players who liked the old one keep hush since they didn't care. Now that we have the new one those guys who don't like the new sprite are making a fuss. :handshake:

#20 lethlora

lethlora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:oof

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

The new sprite does look more like the other Knight ones, but I don't really get a "Rune Knight" vibe off it like I did the old one. Especially with the male sprites, I felt like the green gems in the shoulders added a nice touch to it that made it look more magical.

Also... For the new male sprites, viewing them dismounted from the sides looks really awkward. It seems like their heads are pushed too far back. It kind of looks like they have like a really thick breastplate because it's sticking forward a lot, but then so is everything else. It would look significantly better if the head was moved forward a few pixels.

Also, I don't really like the tattered cape at all. It doesn't fit the design, which looks very regal otherwise.

Less dumb bikini plate is always a plus.

Overall though, I was totally fine with the old one other than girls getting terrible treatment and I haven't been growing on the new ones very quickly...

Edited by lethlora, 16 August 2011 - 11:54 AM.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

The new sprite does look more like the other Knight ones, but I don't really get a "Rune Knight" vibe off it like I did the old one. Especially with the male sprites, I felt like the green gems in the shoulders added a nice touch to it that made it look more magical.

Also... For the new male sprites, viewing them dismounted from the sides looks really awkward. It seems like their heads are pushed too far back. It kind of looks like they have like a really thick breastplate because it's sticking forward a lot, but then so is everything else. It would look significantly better if the head was moved forward a few pixels.

Also, I don't really like the tattered cape at all. It doesn't fit the design, which looks very regal otherwise.

Less dumb bikini plate is always a plus.

Overall though, I was totally fine with the old one other than girls getting terrible treatment and I haven't been growing on the new ones very quickly...

Think about it. You're a warrior who's fought many battles. Unlike a Royal Guard(Who's likely to be employed by palaces/kingdoms/churches), you're more likely to be on your own and don't have your own tailor. As such, do you expect yourself to come out with a whole cape after thousands of battles over several years? xD

#22 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Although I hated the old sprite - looked like a straight-to-DVD low-budget sci-fi movie costume - but the new one doesn't really seem regal or even practical to me at all. For one, at least on the male sprite, if you lift up your hand and arm to call for silence/recognition/attention/whatever, you'll pierce your own head and neck with those shoulder spikes /swt

<edit>I should say, though, that I much prefer the new sprites. /ok

Edited by Anchors, 16 August 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#23 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

Less dumb awesome bikini plate is always a plus negative.

Exactly!

The thing is, Rune knights sprite wasn't "bad" at all, a lot of people hated the gemstones on them but personally I think that's because they went over the top with them! If they had them just on there arms, or just the shoulders it would of been fine.
The female ones ontop of that, just lacked there short-skirt they've had since knighthood, this new long mage-like flap is an insult to the female knights tradition of showing off there sexy thighs!

Infact the new female RK look more akin to someone slapping paladin armor on over there top to cover up, with there old LK cape thrown on for the sake of it and a torn off castle flag to cover there panties to finish off. Male one isn't much different, that just feels like they got there old LK armor and bashed it up a bit.

Honestly RK was not the sprites that needed editing at all. The only "bad" sprite in the game was the one for male GX (although the alternate palette fixed A LOT of what was wrong with it.

Edited by Tirasu, 16 August 2011 - 12:06 PM.

#24 bitbucket

bitbucket

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

For males, the new sprite isn't likely to grow on me anytime soon.

For females, I guess it's a step in the right direction; most of their third job sprites are just plain fanservice.

#25 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

For females, I guess it's a step in the right direction; most of their third job sprites are just plain fanservice.

at this point is not fanservice anymore and we should charge anyone who walks into screen for the peek -_-U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users