OMG...so many useless cards. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

OMG...so many useless cards.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

So the other day I got my 6th magmaring card and it occurred to me
that it's been a while since we had a purge of useless or unsellable cards.

Can we please have a card eating event? Crappy cards are taking up valuable space in my storage. Trade in for consumables? I'd rather have 100's of white pots than 6 magmaring cards.

So please...PLEASE!!!

#2 Lelouch

Lelouch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

they should bring back that one npc long ago where she trade 1 oca for 100 cards but that time oca were valued twice as much as today

#3 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

usless card???????? OMG THATS A LIE!!! just look at this cards:
THIS USLESS CHEAP AMAZING STUPID ARE FOR SPELL CASTERS:

Card Skills Buffed Damage Increase
Death Word Card Napalm Beat, Soul Strike Napalm Vulcan 5%
Hill Wind Card Thunderstorm,Jupitel Thunder,Lord of Vermilion 5%
Laurell Weinder Card Frost Nova,Storm Gust 3%
Pitman Card Earth Spike,Heaven's Drive 5%
Red Ferus Card Fire Pillar,Meteor Storm 5%

WHILE THE OTHER CLASSES CAN HAVE THIS KIND OF CARDS:

By element (weapon)
The following cards add 20% damage of physical attacks against the element it targets.
Element Card
Fire Vadon Card
Water Drainliar Card
Wind Mandragora Card
Earth Kaho Card
Holy Orc Skeleton Card
Shadow Santa Poring Card
Poison Anacondaq Card
Ghost Mao Guai Card
By race (weapon)
The following weapon cards increase inflicted physical damage by 20% based on the race of the enemy.
Race Card
Demi Human Hydra Card
Brute Goblin Card
Insect Caramel Card
Formless Pecopeco Egg Card
Demon Strouf Card
Fish Flora Card
Plant Scorpion Card
Dragon Earth Petite Card
By size (weapon)
The following weapon cards increase inflicted physical damage by 15% based on the enemy's size. These cards also add 5 ATK.
Size Card
Small Desert Wolf Card
Medium Skeleton Worker Card
Large Minorous Card

And KRO ITS ADDING A STUPID BUNCH OF CARDS FOR MAGICAL DAMAGE THAT GIVE ONLY 10% MORE DAMAGE AGAINST A RACE INSTEAD OF THE 20% THAT THE OTHER NON-MAGICAL CLASSES CAN HAVE, ALSO THEY ARE CARDS THAT ADD 25ATK(PORCELIO) AND THERES A STUPID CARD THAT GIVE MATK +5 (WTF??? ONLY +5?????? THATS RETARD)

#4 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

It's amazing how transparent some attempts to derail a topic towards one's own purposes can be.

As for the topic, I support the idea of being able to trade some absurd number of cards for a chance at a random card~ although it might also eliminate a lot of niche cards that people just don't want to make the effort to sell from the market...

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Ooooooooooooo. Idea!!!!

Combine raffle and card eater for Raffle that cost a card to enter!!!! with consumables as
consolation prizes!!!!

Edited by Resplendent, 16 August 2011 - 02:32 PM.
report instead of adding insults please

#6 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

UPDATE ITS WHAT THE CARDS NEED

Edited by Resplendent, 16 August 2011 - 02:58 PM.

#7 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

NO YOU STUPID SCUM, my point its that its better UPDATE the cards

Exactly. Your point, which you failed to make in your original post (in which you also called the OP a liar), has nothing to do with the point of the topic, which was to implement some kind of system or event to eliminate or exchange useless cards.

Your original post, in reality, was a baw post about how card effects for mages fail to compare fairly to card effects for non-magic classes. Although I do agree with you (to a point) that magic is neglected, this has nothing to do with the topic and, on top of that, your point was mired in an astounding depth of linguistic crap that drives away any hint of a scent of relevance.

<edit>... and to quote your original post in the case that you also edit that...

usless card???????? OMG THATS A LIE!!! just look at this cards:
THIS USLESS CHEAP AMAZING STUPID ARE FOR SPELL CASTERS:

Card Skills Buffed Damage Increase
Death Word Card Napalm Beat, Soul Strike Napalm Vulcan 5%
Hill Wind Card Thunderstorm,Jupitel Thunder,Lord of Vermilion 5%
Laurell Weinder Card Frost Nova,Storm Gust 3%
Pitman Card Earth Spike,Heaven's Drive 5%
Red Ferus Card Fire Pillar,Meteor Storm 5%

WHILE THE OTHER CLASSES CAN HAVE THIS KIND OF CARDS:

By element (weapon)
The following cards add 20% damage of physical attacks against the element it targets.
Element Card
Fire Vadon Card
Water Drainliar Card
Wind Mandragora Card
Earth Kaho Card
Holy Orc Skeleton Card
Shadow Santa Poring Card
Poison Anacondaq Card
Ghost Mao Guai Card
By race (weapon)
The following weapon cards increase inflicted physical damage by 20% based on the race of the enemy.
Race Card
Demi Human Hydra Card
Brute Goblin Card
Insect Caramel Card
Formless Pecopeco Egg Card
Demon Strouf Card
Fish Flora Card
Plant Scorpion Card
Dragon Earth Petite Card
By size (weapon)
The following weapon cards increase inflicted physical damage by 15% based on the enemy's size. These cards also add 5 ATK.
Size Card
Small Desert Wolf Card
Medium Skeleton Worker Card
Large Minorous Card

And KRO ITS ADDING A STUPID BUNCH OF CARDS FOR MAGICAL DAMAGE THAT GIVE ONLY 10% MORE DAMAGE AGAINST A RACE INSTEAD OF THE 20% THAT THE OTHER NON-MAGICAL CLASSES CAN HAVE, ALSO THEY ARE CARDS THAT ADD 25ATK(PORCELIO) AND THERES A STUPID CARD THAT GIVE MATK +5 (WTF??? ONLY +5?????? THATS RETARD)

Edited by Anchors, 16 August 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#8 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

They should either be given an update to make them not useless or have some option to get something not useless for them.

I have no luck finding cards, except for ones that nobody wants.
Oh great three poison spore cards, using an accessory slot for that for the ability to cure poison will sure make up for not having to carry around a green herb.
Wait no it wont, because the worth of the accessory alone will account for a thousand damn green herbs, not to mention sacrificing the equip slot for this.

Edited by Krispin, 16 August 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#9 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

They should either be given an update to make them not useless or have some option to get something not useless for them.

I have no luck finding cards, except for ones that nobody wants.
Oh great three poison spore cards, using an accessory slot for that for the ability to cure poison will sure make up for not having to carry around a green herb.
Wait no it wont, because the worth of the accessory alone will account for a thousand damn green herbs, not to mention sacrificing the equip slot for this.

Off-topic: This would have been a good way to introduce the idea of card updates.

Back on topic:
Changing card effects entirely might be out of purview for the devs here, but, even if they are able to do so independently, there are quite a few cards that would need updating. Furthermore, if they were to update all/most cards to have legitimately useful effects, a lot of playtesting would also be needed.

Aside from that, though, how can they judge how useful a card is? I don't know if there's a truly objective way to determine that. A lot of players who may or may not be vocal probably have some card they use for unique situations, and I'm sure they would not appreciate having their already-carded gear changed to something completely different.

I still think that a card exchange of some sort would be the fairest (and probably easiest) way to accomplish the goal set by OP.

#10 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Off-topic: This would have been a good way to introduce the idea of card updates.

Back on topic:
Changing card effects entirely might be out of purview for the devs here, but, even if they are able to do so independently, there are quite a few cards that would need updating. Furthermore, if they were to update all/most cards to have legitimately useful effects, a lot of playtesting would also be needed.

Aside from that, though, how can they judge how useful a card is? I don't know if there's a truly objective way to determine that. A lot of players who may or may not be vocal probably have some card they use for unique situations, and I'm sure they would not appreciate having their already-carded gear changed to something completely different.

I still think that a card exchange of some sort would be the fairest (and probably easiest) way to accomplish the goal set by OP.

AND THAT JUST HELP BOTERS

#11 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

AND THAT JUST HELP BOTERS

Ah, another stellar on-topic comment. But wouldn't attributing hard worth to a card by updating it to be useful do the same for those botters who have piles and piles of worthless cards? Can you even imagine the boom in the bot market if those stacks of crap cards became suddenly useful? A botter would even be motivated to create more bots to farm maps and monsters that, previously, had no value.

No, I think a card exchange would still be better overall to accomplish the OP's goal.

#12 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

Yeah let botters trade in crap cards for rare cards or basic supplies.

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

Perhaps there will be an event of such, who knows! Posted Image

IF said event was to take place I'd imagine you'd have to trade in like 3-5 cards for 1 card. Also it would be such that you would have to trade in the same kind of card compound. What does that mean? Simply 3-5 shield cards for 1 shield card, etc, etc. Why 3-5, well it could be 3, 5, 7, and maybe 10 for a chance to get a nicer card. People who didn't wish to participate could sell theirs to make zeny, people who want to get a card they don't have or need another of can do so and most of all you can free up your poor little merchant's carts and your overstuffed storages.

Thats like 4 birds with 1 stone? I dunno. Posted Image

Edited by Inubashiri, 16 August 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#14 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

If you are afraid it will benefit only bot farmers just put it on Ymir, or make it a VIP event. I have so many useless cards that don't/aren't worth selling that I have them on a third account.

#15 Deeper

Deeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

And when will cards like the Goat Card be fixed? -25 atk +3 def, compound on armor.
It's the opposite of a Porcellio card. Except due to Renewal, def is now 1/600 instead of 1/100. Making the two cards horribly imbalanced.

#16 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Actually the goat card increases def by +2 and mdef by +5 if the equip item is upgraded to +5 or less, and gives no penalty to attack.

Its still entirely useless thanks to renewal defense though.

#17 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

I heard that you can trade them in for gratitude and appreciation by newbies at the Eden HQ. Just drop em and many will love you 4eva. :D

Edited by DieNasty, 17 August 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#18 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Perimeter card #6...soooooooo don't want it

#19 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

At least the permeter card completes two sets... I completed the Kiel Hyre quest yesterday, opened my reward OCA and... it was a ragged zombie card. I would've rather gotten a poring card; at least I could've made up a newbie armor or combined with my mastering card.

I can't see why anyone would ever use a ragged zombie card. Even if you already had the card for bleeding immunity, you'd still be better off with other atk% or sp gear, I suspect. Having said that, if anyone thinks they could put it to use despite the bleeding effect, hook me up.

#20 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Poring card is like the epitome of bad luck for an OCA opening Posted Image

#21 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

And yet its still better than a ragged zombie card.

Chance to cause bleeding to self... yeah that's sure worth the 1% increase of damage to only demihumans.
I've got medals of honor that increase a variety of stats, including attack and mattack power by 5% to everything.
By comparison to the card the medal should have a random chance of gfist casting on myself.

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

I have to admit I do sometimes ponder what the KR developers are smoking or drinking when they write these card mechanics cause some are just WTF not useful unless you're bored and have nothing else to do but try to see if you can get them to do what they say they do Posted Image

#23 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Poring card is like the epitome of bad luck for an OCA opening Posted Image

Not for my guild ^_^. When we have OCA opening parties, first person to get a poring card usually gets zeny ^_^

#24 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

Fail card detected:

Wormtail card = +2 Dex, accessory card

LOL, Zerom Card = +3 Dex, accessory card. Any else notice the fail here?

#25 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

Trade in event? Yes please. [:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users