OMG...so many useless cards. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

OMG...so many useless cards.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

If you are afraid it will benefit only bot farmers just put it on Ymir, or make it a VIP event. I have so many useless cards that don't/aren't worth selling that I have them on a third account.

Erm.... Botters buy WPE codes to make themselves VIP too.... I guess Ymir is a good idea.

Actually the goat card increases def by +2 and mdef by +5 if the equip item is upgraded to +5 or less, and gives no penalty to attack.

Its still entirely useless thanks to renewal defense though.

Since def and mdef is now 1/600 instead of 1/100. They can rework cards that add def and mdef by simply multiplying every value by 6, to get back its original intended bonus right? Can't ask for too complicated reworks I guess.

So goat card will rework to: Def +12, and mdef +30, and so on.

Fail card detected:

Wormtail card = +2 Dex, accessory card

LOL, Zerom Card = +3 Dex, accessory card. Any else notice the fail here?

Talking about Fail card, I think the Condor card is the most fail. LOL Flee Rate + 10

I don't think I need to mention the all the other cards that make this fail. :)

Actually... all the complaints are going on about so many crap cards is due to the fact that cards are super rare and yet so many of them are crap. I guess if WP could increase the NPC selling price of cards from 10 to say 10K, everyone would be happy.

#27 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

Trade in event? Yes please. [:

meeeehbeeeh

I wonder if such an event will happen :>

Edited by Inubashiri, 21 August 2011 - 01:49 AM.

#28 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

If you are afraid it will benefit only bot farmers just put it on Ymir, or make it a VIP event. I have so many useless cards that don't/aren't worth selling that I have them on a third account.

^this
and to prevent farmers trading 234523432 cards to one vip account, how about add restriction to how many cards u can turn in a day so that only ordinary players will benefit from such event

#29 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:07 AM

Fail card detected:

Wormtail card = +2 Dex, accessory card

LOL, Zerom Card = +3 Dex, accessory card. Any else notice the fail here?

Which ultimately makes them less valuable and clearly not 'optimal', but that and cards like it still do something clear. Not everyone can get the best cards in the best gear. So making do the the cards you find yourself (or are cheap enough) in the gear you've found yourself can be an okay inbetween stage before getting the better stuff. I have gear carded with things like wormtail, spore and condor as I'd found the cards myself early on. Most has been replaced obviously, but at least none of those cause BLEEDING (there's another card with a self and enemy bleed chance, if I remember right as well), stat penalties or 'do nothing unless highly refined'.

#30 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:52 AM

@darkagentx

Skogul Card is the card you are talking about. 30% chance to deal Bleeding to both you and your target, when taking damage.

There is a card which adds bleeding to the enemies. This one is Breeze Card.

@Topic

Well, yes.

The cards that I laugh at are the shield cards on Glast Heim Dungeon 1. Both cards have exactly the same effect, check it out:

Arclouze Card: 2 defense. If equip is under +5, +2 defense and +3 magic defense.

Sting Card: 2 defense. If the equip is +9 or over, +2 defense and +5 magic defense.

[Note: Arclouze is stronger than Sting in RE.]

The other thing I laugh is between Harpy and Raydric cards. The difference is 5% Neutral Defense, that a Diabolus Manteau can do it alone and better.

We should go back to the drawing board and rewrite all the cards in game, making in tiers, and making the card suitable to the level of the person who uses it.

Also. Every set that gives defense should be remade. Who the heck would use the magni set now... For defense?

Most cards were good on pre-renewal. On Renewal, they are not as good as before. All the cards should get some tweaking. And even new effects like "If your base level is over 100, this effect happens instead of that one", aka: Think about a Poporing card having a small chance to cast Antidote instead of Detoxify /gg

Edited by asayuu, 21 August 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#31 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

^ Nice in-depth analysis there.

#32 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

@darkagentx

Skogul Card is the card you are talking about. 30% chance to deal Bleeding to both you and your target, when taking damage.

There is a card which adds bleeding to the enemies. This one is Breeze Card.

@Topic

Well, yes.

The cards that I laugh at are the shield cards on Glast Heim Dungeon 1. Both cards have exactly the same effect, check it out:

Arclouze Card: 2 defense. If equip is under +5, +2 defense and +3 magic defense.

Sting Card: 2 defense. If the equip is +9 or over, +2 defense and +5 magic defense.

[Note: Arclouze is stronger than Sting in RE.]

The other thing I laugh is between Harpy and Raydric cards. The difference is 5% Neutral Defense, that a Diabolus Manteau can do it alone and better.

We should go back to the drawing board and rewrite all the cards in game, making in tiers, and making the card suitable to the level of the person who uses it.

Also. Every set that gives defense should be remade. Who the heck would use the magni set now... For defense?

Most cards were good on pre-renewal. On Renewal, they are not as good as before. All the cards should get some tweaking. And even new effects like "If your base level is over 100, this effect happens instead of that one", aka: Think about a Poporing card having a small chance to cast Antidote instead of Detoxify /gg

how the people disagree with my suggestion of updating the cards? the whole card system needs to be updated, BUT since heim keep giving those usless kafra item that give a random usless card...... they wont invest a stupid dollar to do a good change for this "game"

Edited by Inubashiri, 21 August 2011 - 09:15 PM.
no insults plz

#33 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

They wouldn't make this VIP only because it could result in cases where people get scammed. Some people are stupid enough to trust strangers with VIP to keep their words and actually give back the resulting card. I'm sure the GMs don't feel like having the ticket system flooded.

#34 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

how the people disagree with my suggestion of updating the cards? the whole card system needs to be updated, BUT since heim keep giving those usless kafra item that give a random usless card...... they wont invest a stupid dollar to do a good change for this "game"

Let's make this topic more active then. After a remake on the cards, the GMs can even put OCAs on Kafra Shop /gg

Everybody blame the "Job Class Album", due to the rate of getting useless cards being way higher than the rate of getting decent ones. But the rates seem to be even. The problem is the amount of cards. Between the like, 50-80 cards in there, only near to 5 cards are decent [Most of them are cards from the Thief set = Paper/Wanderer/Mobster]. Transforming the "useless" in "bad" is already a good way. In the same way, pushing the "bad" to "decent", the "decent" to "good", some of the "good" to "great", and not touching the cards on the "great" tier. Most of cards there are boss cards.

Trade in would be cool, but a remake would be better. Let's sit on the drawing board, with the GMs, and remake the cards. The game has almost 500 cards, maybe a team of 20 people can manage this remaking.

Edited by asayuu, 22 August 2011 - 06:48 AM.

#35 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

First things first

All card that give defense should have Def bonus multiplied by 6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users