August 16th Maintenance - Page 9 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 16th Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#201 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

1) Yeah, good luck getting enough Valor badges enough times from those boxes to equal enough KVM points for just one KVM weapon, forget about getting enough for multiple weapons so you have a shot at making a +7. It's about 166 KVM badges for 250 Valor on the exchange. I bought 20 boxes to humor the idea and guess what? Out of 20 boxes I got ZERO badges. Which is pretty pitiful considering it's Class C.

2) Then let THEM waste their KVM badges on exchanging them for Valor or Bravery so they can get their MoH. Normally they'd do 800 to 1200 KVM badges a pop, and honestly it sounds easier to me to get KVM badges one or two times and exchange for enough BG badges for a MoH instead of trying to get BG badges four times at this not-so Class C rate. It just seems like bull to me that in past lucky boxes with bulk amounts of KVM badges could yield enough BG badges via the exchange npc as this current box does, probably at around the same cost. However the reverse is not true, this current lucky box could not yield the same amount of KVM badges exchanged from Valor at ANYWHERE NEAR the same cost. Basically I would say that past boxes with KVM badges could make everyone happy whereas this box with Valor badges only makes a select few happy.

3) If you spend money to overupgrade a BG weapon you're an idiot and just wasting your money. Their damage increase and usefulness is pathetic compared to KVM weapons. Also, they have no bonus for any upgrading whatsoever. Maybe if these weapons provided ANY incentive at all to upgrade them people would care, but they don't. In fact many of them don't even bridge the gap between weapons dropped from monsters and KVM weapons, most of the time you can make a weapon with the right cards and it outperforms its BG counterpart. These weapons are horribly outdated, they needed to be updated with renewal. Pre-RE times there were hardly any KVM weapons above +6, meaning noone had slaughter bonuses and no crazy +9 bonuses. Maybe THEN was when BG weapons were somewhat as formidable as KVM weapons as I would see with people who had +7 and even +8 BG weapons, but now the damage and performance gap makes them just laughable.

^^^^^^^^^ So much QQ

#202 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Have you tried Robot factory turn in yet wish there were a higher spawn trying to get even 20 took an hr or so >__< much less 400

#203 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

Same can go for the Braduim/Centipede turn ins non vip wise.They need to add more Golems to the area perhaps or something to speed things along,the centipedes are fine as is in their respective map.Blame TK for this stunt though guys,he was the one cheering on this event with his scholar with Chat sign saying "GMS DONT CHANGE A GODDAMN THING LOLS!" :D

It wasn't me, I swear!

#204 superpan

superpan

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Have you tried Robot factory turn in yet wish there were a higher spawn trying to get even 20 took an hr or so >__< much less 400

So true. :/ The Aliots are fine, but the Alizas...

Edited by superpan, 17 August 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#205 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

When are you guys fixing the woe2 dungeons in Yggdrasil?

#206 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

So true. :/ The Aliots are fine, but the Alizas...

Alizas need a huge spawn increase...

#207 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

Aliza's are on level 1, it's full of them.

I'm more concerned about the environment texture issues, where they go away when you use a skill, and even more so with random errors and disconnections when seeing other people, all because of the new patch.

#208 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

^Nvm they increased them since yesterday.

#209 Gundamblueriver

Gundamblueriver

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hey, I think the Aliot turn in is glitched. I tried to put in just job for two days now and it gave me just base. The first day I thought I just clicked wrong, but now i know I didn't! Please fix this... I'm also upset i lost all that Job exp...

EDIT* Meant Aliot, wrote Aliza originally...

Edited by Gundamblueriver, 18 August 2011 - 02:17 AM.

#210 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:28 AM

Hey, I think the Aliot turn in is glitched. I tried to put in just job for two days now and it gave me just base. The first day I thought I just clicked wrong, but now i know I didn't! Please fix this... I'm also upset i lost all that Job exp...

EDIT* Meant Aliot, wrote Aliza originally...

Please send in a ticket if you haven't already and PM me with the ticket number, and make sure to give us which character, server, time(s), so we can try to replicate the issue.

#211 Inwater

Inwater

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

Will u make Black Frame Glasses not acc bound in the future? Badges should give more kvm 3:2 is just wrong... Should be 1:3

Edited by Inwater, 18 August 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#212 rachman

rachman

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

help me please

why each of my last patch always fails??

#213 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Will u make Black Frame Glasses not acc bound in the future? Badges should give more kvm 3:2 is just wrong... Should be 1:3

the black frame glasses are superior to sunglasses[1] and mini glasses[1] in every way so making them unbounded would be a slap in the face to anyone who used sunglasses/etc for mvp cards or whatever. Honestly I think all mids should be acct bound so that the choice to wear two mvp cards comes at the grave cost of not being able to share the item in your guild.... hell that's also better because there is less item theft grief :waddle:

Edited by Jaye, 18 August 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#214 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

Badges should give more kvm 3:2 is just wrong... Should be 1:3

that makes no sense

#215 Inwater

Inwater

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

100 Badges = weapon
100 Badges = 66 KVM
2k KVM = weapon

Wow sunglasses[1] and mini glasses[1] with MVP cards are useless because you lose 1 int... Oh wait...

#216 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

It doesn't matter what the stat is. If its 1 def and you card it then next week they release one with 2 def its going to irritate people. Especially if you get angry, go through the effort of acquiring another card, then using the 2 def one, then next week a 3 def one comes out. It's just a slap in the face to people to constantly obsolete their purchases in such a short span of time.

#217 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

I'm pretty sure with the way DEF works in renewal that having an extra point of DEF on a mid would not exactly obsolete the old ones

#218 odey

odey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

No offense but Valor and Bravery badges in boxes? Wtf? Yeah, people just love being inferior. Nobody gives a goddamn thing about Valor or Bravery anything since you guys have started handing out tons of KVM Badges every lucky box. Now you're starting to feel bad or something? I'll pass on this crappy box.

WTF R U DOING WITH MY NAME. IM THE REAL Dr.Mambo ON THE SERVER

#219 odey

odey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

1) Yeah, good luck getting enough Valor badges enough times from those boxes to equal enough KVM points for just one KVM weapon, forget about getting enough for multiple weapons so you have a shot at making a +7. It's about 166 KVM badges for 250 Valor on the exchange. I bought 20 boxes to humor the idea and guess what? Out of 20 boxes I got ZERO badges. Which is pretty pitiful considering it's Class C.

2) Then let THEM waste their KVM badges on exchanging them for Valor or Bravery so they can get their MoH. Normally they'd do 800 to 1200 KVM badges a pop, and honestly it sounds easier to me to get KVM badges one or two times and exchange for enough BG badges for a MoH instead of trying to get BG badges four times at this not-so Class C rate. It just seems like bull to me that in past lucky boxes with bulk amounts of KVM badges could yield enough BG badges via the exchange npc as this current box does, probably at around the same cost. However the reverse is not true, this current lucky box could not yield the same amount of KVM badges exchanged from Valor at ANYWHERE NEAR the same cost. Basically I would say that past boxes with KVM badges could make everyone happy whereas this box with Valor badges only makes a select few happy.

3) If you spend money to overupgrade a BG weapon you're an idiot and just wasting your money. Their damage increase and usefulness is pathetic compared to KVM weapons. Also, they have no bonus for any upgrading whatsoever. Maybe if these weapons provided ANY incentive at all to upgrade them people would care, but they don't. In fact many of them don't even bridge the gap between weapons dropped from monsters and KVM weapons, most of the time you can make a weapon with the right cards and it outperforms its BG counterpart. These weapons are horribly outdated, they needed to be updated with renewal. Pre-RE times there were hardly any KVM weapons above +6, meaning noone had slaughter bonuses and no crazy +9 bonuses. Maybe THEN was when BG weapons were somewhat as formidable as KVM weapons as I would see with people who had +7 and even +8 BG weapons, but now the damage and performance gap makes them just laughable.

Y DO U HAVE MY IGN. WHO R U!!!

#220 odey

odey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

August 16th.

• Class Mounts implemented!
  • Rune Knight Sprites updated (actually that was yesterday)
  • New Turnins

70-95
    TI 2 has 110 of each
    - Solider
    - Permeter

105-120
    Floor 2 Robot Factor 110 of each.
    -
    Aliot
    - Aliza

125-140
    Dicastes field updated to 110 Centipede & Manuk Field has 110 Bradium Golems
    - Centipede
    -Bradium Golem
  • Lucky Box going in. Here is the Contents!
  • Yggdrasil:
    WoE 1 castles added WoE 1=Wed 3pm & Saturday 5pm WoE 2=Saturday 5pm.
    Alde 3
    Gef 4
    Pront 2
    Pay 5
  • The Man that gives the Ape Hunting Quests can now attempt to upgrade a Yoyo Hat from 4 ~ 7 safely. All it costs is 1 Eden Group merit badge and 1 Elunium per attempt! Failure leaves it at current upgrade level. This is the first use of the Eden merit Badges, there will be more uses in future weeks for our little token.
  • Possibly more going in as well.

can u make DrMambo change his forums name. my main character on ymir is Dr.Mambo and people r thinking he is me

#221 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

I wish the gears (hats, glasses) would become vendable before the box sale ends. People get all retarded with the prices right after the lucky boxes stop being sold.

#222 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

I hope merit badges have in the future an use for those who can not afford to buy kafra items or Warp Portal Points or pay for VIP.

#223 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

It doesn't matter what the stat is. If its 1 def and you card it then next week they release one with 2 def its going to irritate people. Especially if you get angry, go through the effort of acquiring another card, then using the 2 def one, then next week a 3 def one comes out. It's just a slap in the face to people to constantly obsolete their purchases in such a short span of time.

welcome to modern MMO's ^^

I'd invest in god items, but they'll be obsoleted when we get woe 3.0 :waddle:

#224 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

can u make DrMambo change his forums name. my main character on ymir is Dr.Mambo and people r thinking he is me

LOL
hi mambo =D

#225 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

Dr. Mambo #5