• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shunsiya

Shunsiya

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Before i start i would like to say hi andd im new to The Ragnarok Online original server and im still getting used to the things around here :D

as the topic has stated i tried doing the acolyte 1st job hanger and wondered why it just automaticallly changes you instead of doing the quest.

And i've heard that other 1st class quests aren't available as well, and it dosn't make sense to not have the 1st class quests when we have to do the other job quests
Also i would like to know why it was taken out as well

so over all, i think we should have the 1st job quets back and maybe a little boost or alittle reward from it like maybe giveing them those who do the quest 10k zeny to start of with?(something i've picked up when i played other pservers that might help the original server)

EDIT: Please forgive me with the double topic, but my mouse is acting weird and it sometimes double clicks in one click

Edited by Shunsiya, 16 August 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

The first job job-change quests were removed with the Renewal update.

Renewal removes the first job quests from all classes, in order to make the game more newbie friendly and to be appropriate for the new exp curve. The first job quests were often really obnoxious, especially if you were new to RO, and they were leading players to give up on RO before even getting into the game, because they didn't get to change to their class without doing a quest that they didn't know how to do. Hell, my first time I had no idea how to do the mage quest - was just wandering around in the mage guild talking to npcs again and again, looking for what i'd missed, or throwing items at random into the mixer - how was I to know you could talk to the bookshelf to find the recipe?! That's the sort of thing that drives people away from games.

Edited by DrAzzy, 17 August 2011 - 08:30 AM.

#3 Shunsiya

Shunsiya

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

The first job job-change quests were removed with the Renewal update.

Renewal removes the first job quests from all classes, in order to make the game more newbie friendly and to be appropriate for the new exp curve. The first job quests were often really obnoxious, especially if you were new to RO, and they were leading players to give up on RO before even getting into the game, because they didn't get to change to their class without doing a quest that they didn't know how to do. Hell, my first time I had no idea how to do the mage quest - was just wandering around in the mage guild talking to npcs again and again, looking for what i'd missed, or throwing items at random into the mixer - how was I to know you could talk to the bookshelf to find the recipe?! That's the sort of thing that drives people away from games.

i understand the renewal, but can't their be an option as to you can try to do the quest?

i believe that newer players won't have much issues with it since they have RMS now and they could follow that, or the in-game quest log. if they do choose the option of doing the first class they could at least get an reward from doing the quest instead of doing it start forward, but the reward must be apporpriate for new players and older players

Edited by Makk, 21 August 2011 - 01:09 AM.
private server related

#4 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

i understand the renewal, but can't their be an option as to you can try to do the quest?

i believe that newer players won't have much issues with it since they have RMS now and they could follow that, or the in-game quest log. if they do choose the option of doing the first class they could at least get an reward from doing the quest instead of doing it start forward, but the reward must be apporpriate for new players and older players

RMS isn't exactly accurate for iRO since it is based on data for private servers. A much better option that I would recommend would be The iRoWiki It is an official fansite made specifically with iRO in mind. It's much more accurate and dependable. Also, please refrain from referencing it further on these forums since all things private server related are rather big no-nos here.

I do somewhat agree with the quests; they were interesting and kinda fun the first time through; not so much the 5-6th time you have to go through it. Too bad they can't have account flags for whether you did a job quest or not.

Edited by Makk, 21 August 2011 - 01:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users