How about that Community Senate? - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How about that Community Senate?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#26 Recettear

Recettear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

Does this mean we will soon see political debates on these forums?

I love watching these blame games :D

#27 Orion

Orion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationIdk i was drugged
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Does this mean we will soon see political debates on these forums?

I love watching these blame games :)

yes, indeed the Junon Oil Spill was all Recettear's fault. :D

#28 Recettear

Recettear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

how di.. O.o

erm.. I dont know what are you talking about.. Ruven! He and crune are always up to something!

#29 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

grats on the senate all you new senators! is this why the proposals and bugs section of the forusm are now gone? if so, are we to post bugs etc in the communitry section?

#30 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

grats on the senate all you new senators! is this why the proposals and bugs section of the forusm are now gone? if so, are we to post bugs etc in the communitry section?

That's still all there...heres the proposal section http://forums.warppo...ls-suggestions/

#31 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

thanks zurn <3 i guess for some odd reason that the tech support / proposals section is simply missing from my main rose forums page. how odd.

here i thought the'd gone and removed it.

Edited by TangoBaby86, 17 August 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#32 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

No problem :D might have just missed it too, who knows~

#33 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

nope its actually missing. ive refreshed the page several times, opened and closed forums, etc . i did however dl the new explorer last night, but i cant see that having muckd up my forums. then again, who knows.. in mean time i copied ur link and popped it into my favs. again tyvm!

#34 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

Lol weird well hope it shows back up for you :D

#35 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

Please explain to us how cordazar won but we have people with more votes? Makes no sense maybe you should have said NOT community vote we pick and dont care about your votes... but congrats to everyone getting senate that are well deserved

Cordazar was nominated twice. If you read what Zeppelin said he told us to make nominations and, from the list of who was nominated, they will determine who is best qualified to go into the senate position. If you know anything about nominations, it is not a "vote" basis. Normally a person gets nominated once and then cannot be nominated again, leaving room for other people to be nominated by those that have yet to nominate. Also, Cordazar may not have many posts, but he knows his :D.

The ones that so far have really added things to the game have done it quietly, mostly behind the scenes, with little fan fair. In other words, they let their work speak for them. That would probably be the best approach for you.

Not sure why you still argue about this. I quotes from Ponderosa's writting, "My point being that if the professionals who have real world experience putting content and items in a live game are having a lot of trouble making this happen in a timely fashion, it will be far more difficult for an amateur to do it and make it come reality. Which is why I'm suggesting this whole topic is raising alot of false hopes in young fans of the game. Since my optimism is based on real things rather than hopes, I will feel some real optimism when I see a real product from the OP actually implimented in Rose, much like I have seen real products from Yuki etc. Track record speaks the loudest." All you do is proving his points beautifully.

No different than proposals and suggestions, we can talk about it all we want, pray for it, and wish it to being but if its not done, nothing happens. It's up to the reader's own responsibility to understand that.

Do it behind the screen where no one knows.

U wanted someone who shut up and did something? You've got him. So stop complaining about his post count..

Congratulations to all the senate members!

If you feel this job is too hard for you u can always give it to me :)

Edited by AlisiaMT, 17 August 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#36 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

So explain to me how can they nominate someone which has 2 posts in the forums? How do they know him is it personal? Im not saying hes a bad candidate just saying this vote was not really a vote they knew who was going to be senator so why even have a vote then thats the point I want to get across.

#37 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

U wanted someone who shut up and did something? You've got him. So stop complaining about his post count..

I read those quotes from Feuers topic (now moved to Proposals). They were regarding something completely different. Why quote them completely out of context here?

#38 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

So explain to me how can they nominate someone which has 2 posts in the forums? How do they know him is it personal? Im not saying hes a bad candidate just saying this vote was not really a vote they knew who was going to be senator so why even have a vote then thats the point I want to get across.

well considering the closest alternative... I don't think they can put up with too much verbal abuse.

congrats to the new senate members. hope Rose will turn out for the better. :D

#39 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

There was no vote.

#40 Orion

Orion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

There was no vote.

they put the names in a hat and chose 3 thats all there is too it

#41 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

they put the names in a hat and chose 3 thats all there is too it

There's 4

We have final confirmation from all 4 members of the Senate now. I am proud to announce the four chosen members of the 1st ROSE Community Senate are:
Phish
PickUp
DestinyDeoxys
Cordazar

#42 Orion

Orion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

haha nice catch there Zurn

#43 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

haha nice catch there Zurn

Don't expect it much~

#44 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

I read those quotes from Feuers topic (now moved to Proposals). They were regarding something completely different. Why quote them completely out of context here?

Is it really that much out of context, Coffee? Feur posted his thread to make a difference. The senate was established to make a difference. Feur knows what he's doing. Cordazar knows what he's doing (look at the content in his posts).

Then, they some of the community (sorry for the confusion) wanted someone who wasn't as well known as YukiChan but just as qualified to stay unknown. Now they're complaining that someone that was just as qualified and stayed unknown isn't known enough.

Edited by AlisiaMT, 17 August 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#45 maskinovel

maskinovel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

what coffeemuse means is,, Ponderosa and ChampPower didn't complaint anything about senate. isn't it ? i'm confuse,, LOL :D
and johniscu never stated that he wanted someone who wasn't as well known as YukiChan but just as qualified to stay unknown,,complaining that someone that was just as qualified and stayed unknown isn't known enough.
He complaint about vote number count ? OMG more confused,,brb read other topic to comfort myself. :)

Edited by maskinovel, 17 August 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#46 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Is it really that much out of context, Coffee? Feur posted his thread to make a difference. The senate was established to make a difference. Feur knows what he's doing. Cordazar knows what he's doing (look at the content in his posts).

Completely different topic and different person. Feuer may or may not know what he is doing, but that is off topic for this thread. Sorry, I disagree completely. I can understand where people may be confused about a new forum member (Cordazar) with a post count of 2? What "track record" is there for Rose players to have a sense that this person would be a good representative? Usually things like this are based on history if you get my drift. For example, people aren't made moderators without a history for the Gravity staff to watch and evaluate. Same goes for this so yes, it does seem a little surprising, unless this Cordazar is a long time person who made a new forum account.

Also, whether or not this new fangled senate makes a difference remains to be seen. For those of us who have been with the game since very early (Sept 17, 2005 for me), there is a sense that our confidence in a system now needs to be earned. I admire your unending optimism, but I'm going to wait and see how this goes.

#47 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Sorry, I disagree completely.

I respect that. I dont wish for this to turn into a flame thread with neither of us persuading the other to join our cause so I am just going to let this particular part of the thread be and hope it dies in peace :D I enjoyed the debate. Hope to have another one w/ you soon :)

Edit: Yes, I did read your post and understand 100% where you're coming from.

Edited by AlisiaMT, 17 August 2011 - 07:05 PM.

#48 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

So, you seriously expect us to believe that Destiny got more votes then LadyPsyber? Nothing against Destiny mind you, just pointing out that it's a sham election.

Edited by LordAlbion, 17 August 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#49 maskinovel

maskinovel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

Sorry, I disagree completely.

Edit: Yes, I did read your post and understand 100% where you're coming from.

Coffee,, is this thread about ur native country or whoever disagree must be coming from.. or what ?? $#%$^

Congrats to all senate. hope Rose will be better. :D

#50 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm back. I wish I had been here.

Sorry everyone that I wasn't around. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the senate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users