#1 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

It's not entirely necessary but I want to request the spawn be made higher. I know it is already 110. I personally don't mind it, but the parties I've joined (I went with a few just for some extra exp) did nothing but complain about how sparse the spawn was. The centipedes, every part I was in flew through.

My personal qualms with bradiums is that they aren't all aggro, and they move so slowly.

Increasing the spawn a bit more should make the party chats more bearable hopefully.

Also, I guess since someone said it in another thread I'll put it in here too. Centipedes are 125 so they won't be giving so great of exp to anyone over 135.

All the QQ aside, I am happy with the exp the actual TI part of the quest gives. Thanks this time around Heim and co.

Edited by Tkwan, 17 August 2011 - 08:18 PM.

#2 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Bradium golems are the same as stalag-golems. They are passive at full HP and aggro if they are at 99% hp or less.

The map was designed with spawns for single-target classes to solo on without having to worry about getting mobbed (thus why the golems give relatively high base exp) Unfortunately that does counter the turn in idea.

Never had problems finding mobs though fly-winging around.

#3 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

i don't think bradium golems spawn was increased. i was there whole day and very sparse and thin spread mobs.

#4 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Ok you know what, I take back what I said about this TI being good. Someone said in another thread they got 11m exp from the bradium TI. I assumed, for whatever insane reason, that that was without a manual, and gravity had actually done something right. No.

it gives WITH A X3 MANUAL:

5760000' EXP received
4878000' EXP received
You got Eden Merit Badge (1).
11793600' EXP received
6469200' EXP received
You got Eden Merit Badge (1)
Thats 28m exp. You know how much it takes to go from 139-140? Of course you do, you guys run this game. 50 MILLION EXP. What is a piddly little 28m going to do. Is it worth my x3 when I have to basically pay 7m + per level (or half a level) each night? NO.

I don't want to be spoon fed, but this is ridiculous.

I don't want to insult. But really you guys just keep pissing me off. I've actually gone and started playing another game now. I hop on here for these sad TI's and thats it. I think I might even stop doing that and just sit around all day afk, listening to random pointless banter of passerby's. That would be more entertaining than what you give us.

I really tried to hold back. I did. But I'm simply fed up.

Edited by Tkwan, 17 August 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#5 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

The centipede turn in is pretty bad but the bradiums aren't AS bad. What level are Dolomedes? Perhaps they would have been a better choice (they're more challenging as well).

#6 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

you should not be relying on turn ins to instantly lvl, if you are you are playing the wrong game.

#7 GeneralKrakus

GeneralKrakus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

Ok you know what, I take back what I said about this TI being good. Someone said in another thread they got 11m exp from the bradium TI. I assumed, for whatever insane reason, that that was without a manual, and gravity had actually done something right. No.

it gives WITH A X3 MANUAL:

5760000' EXP received
4878000' EXP received
You got Eden Merit Badge (1).
11793600' EXP received
6469200' EXP received
You got Eden Merit Badge (1)
Thats 28m exp. You know how much it takes to go from 139-140? Of course you do, you guys run this game. 50 MILLION EXP. What is a piddly little 28m going to do. Is it worth my x3 when I have to basically pay 7m + per level (or half a level) each night? NO.

I don't want to be spoon fed, but this is ridiculous.

I don't want to insult. But really you guys just keep pissing me off. I've actually gone and started playing another game now. I hop on here for these sad TI's and thats it. I think I might even stop doing that and just sit around all day afk, listening to random pointless banter of passerby's. That would be more entertaining than what you give us.

I really tried to hold back. I did. But I'm simply fed up.

how is 28m out of 50m piddly? that's more than 50%! you really expect to gain an entire level from each turn in, especially at 139? greedy bastard, no one will complain if u leave RO

#8 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

you should not be relying on turn ins to instantly lvl, if you are you are playing the wrong game.

First, its not so much that, it's that I want to feel like I'm not wasting my money or my time. If I wanted to waste those I'd find a better way.

Second, the title of this event implies that if you started at level 70, you should be able to hit 150 by the time it is over. I have done the calculations of all the exp received from quests, and monster kills required for the quests, and it IS NOT POSSIBLE. I'd post all my calculations but I made a promise to someone that I would not. Heck, I'm half breaking the promise simply by making these last 2 posts complaining how stupid and wasteful this all is.
The point is however, it is not possible to hit 150 (much less job 50) using only the TI events like the title implies. Unless of course these next 2 weeks are totally packed full of super amounts of exp, or we get a x2 event, then it might be. Only time (and intelligence on Gravity's behalf) could tell on that.

3rd. Wrong game...Hmmm. Perhaps your right. Perhaps it is wrong to rely on the video game management crew to deliver what they promise (especially when it is completely within their power to control it). I mean, really, who ever expects to get treated fairly by the people running a game? You'd have to be crazy to expect honesty wouldn't you?

The event post, for a reference.
http://www.playragna...aspx?id=107&p=1

#9 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

how is 28m out of 50m piddly? that's more than 50%! you really expect to gain an entire level from each turn in, especially at 139? greedy bastard, no one will complain if u leave RO

Lets cut down on the language eh? You hurt my feelings.

You want to tell me, when we have 7 days of a TI, that 28m is going to be worth it? Look at this for a moment for me would you.

Aug 16: 70-95 & 105-120 & 125-140
Aug 23: 90-110 & 115-130 & 135-150
Aug 30: 70-95 & 105-120 & 125-140

Stared at it long enough? Good.

Now I'll explain something that I did in another thread before. The amount of experience required for 125-140 is 531,864,000. Now, WITH a x3 manual on all 3 TI's, you would get 202,305,600. Hmmmmmm...Ok so, if you start at 125, that would put you.... just under level 132! Gasp! So much exp! Alright, now to be fair, I'll factor in monster kills.

If you solo'd, and got MAX experience during the entirety of the quest, and have a +7 yoyo hat on, AND are VIP, you would get:
16,805,250 From Centipedes.
34,404,650 From Bradium Golems.

Consider a x3 manual is not counted for part of the quest kills like most people do, however counting as solo kills most likely gets pretty close to the same as if a x3 party multiplier was added.

Wait now, not done yet, gotta add that into the total quest exp.
You would get a total of:
253,515,500! Amazing! You actually manage to make it halfway into level 133! Only

278,348,500 exp left to grind out to 140!

You know, if you were to grind that out in a party that somehow manages 30m exp/hour, it would only take you 9 hours on a x3 manual to do that. 9 hours, and 18 manuals later at the end of this event, someone who was 125 could be 140.

Oh, and next week, we're supposed to hit 150, because if we don't, then anyone above 140 will have to grind out those last 10 levels. Those 10 levels of 669,600,000 exp. Think Gravity will give enough exp for someone to go from 140-150? Maybe. If the last bio2 TI was any indication. And that was only because it was 6 monsters, and offered approximately 36m BEFORE using a x3 manual. THAT is reasonable. THAT is how next week's TI should be as well. And the one following it should be balanced to allow people to go from 125-140 in those 7 days as well.

#10 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

@Tkwan
Gulible Sad As SAP noob people have hard time accepting the fact that this whole 150 event is just a ruse to squeeze more money out of the players. Make the turn ins give crappy exp and keep a 23 hour cool down so that people buy all kafra shop items to make them worth it.

IF they really wanted people to 150 all it would take is 1-2 weeks of turn in events with no cool down. id say 1 week is more than enough if all the levels are covered without any gap.

Edited by Zinja, 17 August 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#11 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

You complain too much.

#12 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

Try Leveling using these events and making it to the next slot every week and then you will understand.

#13 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Sorry, i was referring to OP. Guess i shoulda made it abit more obvious.

#14 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Yes the bradium golems are very very sparse compared to the centipede.

#15 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

Sorry, i was referring to OP. Guess i shoulda made it abit more obvious.

Would I need to complain if there wasn't something amiss?

Easy answer. No.

Personal history on me, I used to play a game called trickster online. It was a grindy game. Could take a rather long time in fact to hit level 400, which is the level cap there. Despite being a grindy game, I did not once complain about the grind. I didn't really want to do it, but I did not complain about it. Why? Because it was fair. The time it took in relation to effort put in was FAIR. I quit that game pretty much because the game started a cash shop that totally broke the game. RO's cash shop is not something I complain about here, because it is not game breaking. It's all handy items to have, but not really required. In the other game I played, they had game breaking gears in their cash shop, and the only way to be viable in pvp was with those, if you didn't have them, a level 150 with could kill a 400 without. It was broken.

I complain when things are BROKEN. RO's experience table is BROKEN right now. Yes, the GM's are trying to rectify it by putting in events and such to help us. Believe me I do appreciate it, even if my words don't say it. However it is extremely frustrating at the same time when you realize how piss poor the effort vs reward value ultimately is. I outlined how bad it is above, I'm not going to go over it again.

#16 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

Alot of people manage to get 150 without TIs or any kind of event at a decent pace. I guess they must be doing something wrong :D

Edited by Braska, 17 August 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#17 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

A lot of these people get to play about 14-16 hours a week
Else it takes Extremely high amount of either time or money or both.

Edited by Zinja, 17 August 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#18 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

I'm going to have to side with the other people. The TIs aren't REALLY meant to get you to 150, in my opinion. They seem more of a booster, which is why you can only do them every 23 hours.

#19 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

Alot of people manage to get 150 without TIs or any kind of event at a decent pace. I guess they must be doing something wrong :D

Oh. Those people who mostly dont have lives outside of their rooms. The ones without jobs, or friends, or other things to do in this alternate reality we call real life. Those ones right?

I'm not saying all 150's are like that. By no means. But you get my point, or you should anyway. Some of us really do have jobs, have lives outside of RO. And we'd like to not have to spend 6 months+ being able to experience all RO has to offer. Tell me, what level does animosity require for WOE? 140? Oh right, so I have to be 140 to be able to barely experience woe to its minimum potential. Nevermind at 140 I probably won't have job level 50 if I just leveled through grinding, essentially making me nothing more than a bag of figurative meat.

Sounds like fun. Not.

I, like many others with lives, want to be able to experience RO to its fullest without having to dedicate insane amounts of time just to simply leveling. There is plenty else to do in RO that is entertaining enough to do outside of leveling. So with what spare time I have, it has to be entirely focused on the grind. I can't have fun playing a game doing other things. Heaven forbid, if I had fun in a game then it might take over a year.

If I wanted a crazy grind like that, there's plenty of games older than RO I could play. There's even final fantasy XI (which I've never played, but heard that its worse than RO). I could go play those games if I really wanted to be a masochist.

I stay with RO because of 2 reasons. Friends. And the hope that one day it will be fixed to be proportional with a reasonable amount of reward vs effort. Hopefully that day comes before my friends and I give up hope and just quit.

I can already tell you my financial support for gravity is going to start dwindling unless I see some positive changes. I don't contribute more than probably about $50 a month. Which isn't alot compared to some people. But my friends spend quite a bit more than I. In total if we all left, they'd lose somewhere around $500 a month in revenue. Which is pretty miniscule in the long run. But thats $6000 a year, and could be the difference between success, and failure in a company.

#20 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

A lot of these people get to play about 14-16 hours a week
Else it takes Extremely high amount of either time or money or both.

QFT. He said what I did in a simpler way, for the hard headed who find it hard to understand our plight.

#21 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Oh. Those people who mostly dont have lives outside of their rooms. The ones without jobs, or friends, or other things to do in this alternate reality we call real life. Those ones right?

I'm not saying all 150's are like that. By no means. But you get my point, or you should anyway. Some of us really do have jobs, have lives outside of RO. And we'd like to not have to spend 6 months+ being able to experience all RO has to offer. Tell me, what level does animosity require for WOE? 140? Oh right, so I have to be 140 to be able to barely experience woe to its minimum potential. Nevermind at 140 I probably won't have job level 50 if I just leveled through grinding, essentially making me nothing more than a bag of figurative meat.

Sounds like fun. Not.

I, like many others with lives, want to be able to experience RO to its fullest without having to dedicate insane amounts of time just to simply leveling. There is plenty else to do in RO that is entertaining enough to do outside of leveling. So with what spare time I have, it has to be entirely focused on the grind. I can't have fun playing a game doing other things. Heaven forbid, if I had fun in a game then it might take over a year.

If I wanted a crazy grind like that, there's plenty of games older than RO I could play. There's even final fantasy XI (which I've never played, but heard that its worse than RO). I could go play those games if I really wanted to be a masochist.

I stay with RO because of 2 reasons. Friends. And the hope that one day it will be fixed to be proportional with a reasonable amount of reward vs effort. Hopefully that day comes before my friends and I give up hope and just quit.

I can already tell you my financial support for gravity is going to start dwindling unless I see some positive changes. I don't contribute more than probably about $50 a month. Which isn't alot compared to some people. But my friends spend quite a bit more than I. In total if we all left, they'd lose somewhere around $500 a month in revenue. Which is pretty miniscule in the long run. But thats $6000 a year, and could be the difference between success, and failure in a company.

Maybe if you put reasonable effort in Gravity would meet you half way. I really don't see why getting to 150 should be on a silver platter. Even with a limited schedule I know quite a few people that are already 150. Also if you do get to 150 what do you really plan to do? Yea, thats right, go to another game. So really no incentive here to help.

#22 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

Outside WoE, i play RO maybe 2-3 hrs a day(mostly on days off)? I seem to do fine in terms of lvling.

#23 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

Outside WoE, i play RO maybe 2-3 hrs a day(mostly on days off)? I seem to do fine in terms of lvling.

Then you're doing it wrong. Obviously the only option is playing once a week.

#24 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

QFT. He said what I did in a simpler way, for the hard headed who find it hard to understand our plight.

You say you don't want to be spoon fed but everything you post points to the contrary. Half a level from a kill count is pretty good. Now, if the bradium golem spawn was not increased like the alizas were not increased (until later) then ok i will agree that a spawn increase would be warranted.

Being able to get a whole level with just 2 manuals is pretty good going.

The ti events are perfect for someone that can only maybe play an hour or 2 each day as you get tangible results with each ti. They are supposed to boost your levelling - not completely replace it or else there would not be a cooldown. One thing they can improve on is to let gramps keep warping you after you are done with your count as that is conducive to partying.

And seriously if you are so busy that you can barely play it probably means you have a rather busy private life or professional life and the last thing you should be worrying about is hitting 150 in a game. I suspect alot of 150s in even the top guilds are not job 50 - on many classes it makes zero difference.

Whether you play intensively over a short period or more sparsely over a longer period - the amount of time it takes to 150 is about the same. Getting max level is relatively easy - it is gearing yourself with the top items that will take an infinite amount of time.

#25 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Would I need to complain if there wasn't something amiss?

Easy answer. No.

Personal history on me, I used to play a game called trickster online. It was a grindy game. Could take a rather long time in fact to hit level 400, which is the level cap there. Despite being a grindy game, I did not once complain about the grind. I didn't really want to do it, but I did not complain about it. Why? Because it was fair. The time it took in relation to effort put in was FAIR. I quit that game pretty much because the game started a cash shop that totally broke the game. RO's cash shop is not something I complain about here, because it is not game breaking. It's all handy items to have, but not really required. In the other game I played, they had game breaking gears in their cash shop, and the only way to be viable in pvp was with those, if you didn't have them, a level 150 with could kill a 400 without. It was broken.

I complain when things are BROKEN. RO's experience table is BROKEN right now. Yes, the GM's are trying to rectify it by putting in events and such to help us. Believe me I do appreciate it, even if my words don't say it. However it is extremely frustrating at the same time when you realize how piss poor the effort vs reward value ultimately is. I outlined how bad it is above, I'm not going to go over it again.

LOL...... Exp Table right now is on easy mode..... lol........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users