Bradium Golems - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bradium Golems

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#26 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

You say you don't want to be spoon fed but everything you post points to the contrary. Half a level from a kill count is pretty good. Now, if the bradium golem spawn was not increased like the alizas were not increased (until later) then ok i will agree that a spawn increase would be warranted.

Being able to get a whole level with just 2 manuals is pretty good going.

The ti events are perfect for someone that can only maybe play an hour or 2 each day as you get tangible results with each ti. They are supposed to boost your levelling - not completely replace it or else there would not be a cooldown. One thing they can improve on is to let gramps keep warping you after you are done with your count as that is conducive to partying.

And seriously if you are so busy that you can barely play it probably means you have a rather busy private life or professional life and the last thing you should be worrying about is hitting 150 in a game. I suspect alot of 150s in even the top guilds are not job 50 - on many classes it makes zero difference.

Whether you play intensively over a short period or more sparsely over a longer period - the amount of time it takes to 150 is about the same. Getting max level is relatively easy - it is gearing yourself with the top items that will take an infinite amount of time.

Spoon fed would be just asking for levels. I'm asking for a reasonable effort vs reward. Right now, the time you have to put into these quests, they WOULD be reasonable IF they were repeatable more than once a day. Then you could still get a level a day. BUT since they are not repeatable, the level a day should still be achievable through questing. And what quests do we have over the 100 range worth doing? Lets see...Seal quests...Event quests...hm....hmmmmm...hhhmmmmmmmmmmm......Nope. That's pretty much it. I am not looking to be spoon fed, I am looking for a level a day without having to spend the entirety of my time off work, by doing more work in a GAME (I know I'm not the only person in this boat). Games are supposed to be fun. Grinding SUCKS. It is NOT FUN IN THIS GAME. If the quests were repeatable, then a 6 hour grind could turn into 3 hours with quest TI's. THAT is more reasonable.

I'll reiterate. I am wanting one of 3 things:

1. Gramps quest reward experience made worthwhile for the cost of time and manual money.
2. Repeatable Gramps quests multiple times in a day at current exp ratio.
3. Acknowledgement from the GM team that these quests will carry on beyond the end of August. (Every week for at least 8 weeks we will be putting in new quests to enjoy for specific level tiers! If there isn't a hunt for you this week, then next week there may be!)

Being left in the dark sucks and leads to problems GM team. You should figure out the rest of your plans and let us know ASAP.

LOL...... Exp Table right now is on easy mode..... lol........

You are an idiot. This is what you sound like "A monster that gives 11k exp? AWESOME. It's only going to take me 8636 kills to go from 149-150! Sweet! Let's see, if I multiply this, and carry that, then dividesubractadddivide..........It's only going to take approximately 20 hours of complete grinding! Sweet."

Mind you, that is just ONE level at about 5m exp per hour.

Edited by Tkwan, 18 August 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#27 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

lol so angry! Someone should have tried harder with the scarab turnins.

#28 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

DUDE 1 lvl a DAY, playing 2~3 hours is SPOON FEEDING

#29 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

:waddle: spoons. I use my hands.

#30 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:56 AM

:waddle: hands.....eat like a lion, cause lions are pro

#31 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

I like your style

#32 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

Then you're doing it wrong. Obviously the only option is playing once a week.

tee hee

#33 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Regardless of the debate between 50% of a level being grinding or spoon feeding, the real issue is turn ins for 135-150 (bio2, scaraba) have been giving a whole level and then some if you do all the turn ins with an X3 and VIP, and these turn ins only give half a level for lower level characters. It doesn't really make sense-- the rewards should be more even-handed and reliable between events not randomly less than half as good as the last one, etc.

#34 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

DUDE 1 lvl a DAY, playing 2~3 hours is SPOON FEEDING

The final level in ANY game should not take more than a combined 8 hours between questing/grinding. This game FAR exceeds that. I could care less if it took more than "2-3 hours" as long as its completely reasonable in the methods of how to do it. Killing on the same map, the same monster, the same skills, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...................................................................................................................................................................................... and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

For hours on end is far from entertaining, or productive. The questing is a good change of pace. If they made it repeatable like I stated, then a total of 8 hours or so would not be bad. If they extended the event indefinitely then a total of 8 hours or so would not be bad.

It's the fact that our only option to level is grinding. NO one in my guild grinds. We wait for these dumb TI's to come around because grinding flat out sucks.

#35 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

Regardless of the debate between 50% of a level being grinding or spoon feeding, the real issue is turn ins for 135-150 (bio2, scaraba) have been giving a whole level and then some if you do all the turn ins with an X3 and VIP, and these turn ins only give half a level for lower level characters. It doesn't really make sense-- the rewards should be more even-handed and reliable between events not randomly less than half as good as the last one, etc.

Thank you.

#36 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

The final level in ANY game should not take more than a combined 8 hours between questing/grinding. This game FAR exceeds that. I could care less if it took more than "2-3 hours" as long as its completely reasonable in the methods of how to do it. Killing on the same map, the same monster, the same skills, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...................................................................................................................................................................................... and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.

For hours on end is far from entertaining, or productive. The questing is a good change of pace. If they made it repeatable like I stated, then a total of 8 hours or so would not be bad. If they extended the event indefinitely then a total of 8 hours or so would not be bad.

It's the fact that our only option to level is grinding. NO one in my guild grinds. We wait for these dumb TI's to come around because grinding flat out sucks.

Didnt know there were RULES for how long it should take to lvl on a game.............. LOL...... you got to be Trolling me......

#37 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

Spoon fed would be just asking for levels. I'm asking for a reasonable effort vs reward. Right now, the time you have to put into these quests, they WOULD be reasonable IF they were repeatable more than once a day. Then you could still get a level a day. BUT since they are not repeatable, the level a day should still be achievable through questing.

The fact you would do these quests shows they are reasonable effort vs reward. You are just dislike the cooldown as you want to get a level per day.

They are smart and put the cooldown in as they witnessed how turn ins with no cooldowns killed the game.

If you don't feel 150 is worth the effort then don't do it. No one has some sort of entitlement to it.

With all the kill count quests, you can 150 in a reasonable amount of time imo doing nothing but kill counts and no additional levelling. If you want it even faster then go put in some effort.

#38 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

You are an idiot. This is what you sound like "A monster that gives 11k exp? AWESOME. It's only going to take me 8636 kills to go from 149-150! Sweet! Let's see, if I multiply this, and carry that, then dividesubractadddivide..........It's only going to take approximately 20 hours of complete grinding! Sweet."

Mind you, that is just ONE level at about 5m exp per hour.

You are doing 5m per hour? no wonder you are QQing so hard.... you are lvling all wrong............... get better so you dont need to QQ

#39 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Nobody else thinks that gravity doing step by step turn ins (that if you follow on VIP) will get you to 150 in a month or less is spoon feeding?

#40 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

wrong forum mate.... this is QQpaloza....

#41 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Kids these days.

#42 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

I'm going to have to side with the other people. The TIs aren't REALLY meant to get you to 150, in my opinion. They seem more of a booster, which is why you can only do them every 23 hours.

This. Nowhere on the site does it say you can get from 70 to 150 from start to finish of the event. It says "a boost to help you reach later levels" Too many whiners like below.

Oh. Those people who mostly dont have lives outside of their rooms. The ones without jobs, or friends, or other things to do in this alternate reality we call real life. Those ones right?

I'm not saying all 150's are like that. By no means. But you get my point, or you should anyway. Some of us really do have jobs, have lives outside of RO. And we'd like to not have to spend 6 months+ being able to experience all RO has to offer. Tell me, what level does animosity require for WOE? 140? Oh right, so I have to be 140 to be able to barely experience woe to its minimum potential. Nevermind at 140 I probably won't have job level 50 if I just leveled through grinding, essentially making me nothing more than a bag of figurative meat.

Sounds like fun. Not.

I, like many others with lives, want to be able to experience RO to its fullest without having to dedicate insane amounts of time just to simply leveling. There is plenty else to do in RO that is entertaining enough to do outside of leveling. So with what spare time I have, it has to be entirely focused on the grind. I can't have fun playing a game doing other things. Heaven forbid, if I had fun in a game then it might take over a year.

If I wanted a crazy grind like that, there's plenty of games older than RO I could play. There's even final fantasy XI (which I've never played, but heard that its worse than RO). I could go play those games if I really wanted to be a masochist.

I stay with RO because of 2 reasons. Friends. And the hope that one day it will be fixed to be proportional with a reasonable amount of reward vs effort. Hopefully that day comes before my friends and I give up hope and just quit.

I can already tell you my financial support for gravity is going to start dwindling unless I see some positive changes. I don't contribute more than probably about $50 a month. Which isn't alot compared to some people. But my friends spend quite a bit more than I. In total if we all left, they'd lose somewhere around $500 a month in revenue. Which is pretty miniscule in the long run. But thats $6000 a year, and could be the difference between success, and failure in a company.

cool story bro.
Know when RO had the most players? when it took 405,254,427 total EXP to get to 99 with a huge 99,999,998 to get that last level, instead of 29,395,800 TOTAL.
Back when it took a month of 8+ hours a day grinding on monsters that gave 3,410 exp each to even get close to a level.

RO was ALOT more popular back when leveling was an accomplishment not handed to you on a string. I bet your just some private-server scrub who's used to playing there retarded emulation with 1000000x exp rates so you can hit max level in a day. You're being spoon-feg by being GIVEN these turn in quests.

I'm glad people like you aren't 150, because if everyone was as -_-ty as you the game would be so incredibly boring. Try learn to play before you level huh? What MMO takes less than 8 hours to get the last level? Unless you're playing something incredibly boring and easy like WoW I don't know what else.

Let me say it in big letters so you can understand this TL;DR

MMO's make more money the longer a player plays. Players will play longer and more often if there are levels to be gained. All MMO's are originally designed to take a long time to level to max level so you will spend a long time playing the game to get to that level, thus giving them more money. 90% of people who play MMO's complain about an MMO if you can hit max level within a month with little effort.
in effect.

In example: before it was free to play new players would buy monthly subscriptions. Most maxed level players would buy 15 hour subscriptions. The new players would update there subscription every month, or buy a bulk-month sub and play and level. The maxed level player would log on 2 hours a week to do WoE and that 15 hour sub would last 7 weeks.
Gravity got more money from players leveling and hunting than people maxed out who did the main PvP aspect of the game.
In effect; maxed out characters = less revenue = less wanted by the company.

VIP is the new subscription, only none-maxed characters would buy it while maxed ones wouldn't need 90% of it's features.

You're just lazy dumb trash and if your guild is full of worthless scrubs like you then you all should drop a bunch of money into the game and quit because the community hates your type

Edited by Tirasu, 18 August 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#43 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

TL;DR

This turn in event is stupid bullcrap that should never happen because it just makes more bad and annoying players play the game.

Edited by Tirasu, 18 August 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#44 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

You neglected to mention the reason WHY bio2 gave so much exp. It was all 6 monsters, naturally it gave a ton of exp. That is the difference for that TI. Maybe someone should be complaining about the monsters and the number of them that can be turned in, and not the experience given.

#45 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

@0P

Did you ever 99 a trans character before renewal? That was bull.
RO is way easier now.

There was a time when RO got an XP event once a year at most.

#46 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

I dunno what the deal with this thread is but.... the bradium spawn is too low. Please fix :waddle:

#47 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Oh... I think you might've scratched my fragile heart. Would you marry me? I need someone to pick up the shattered pieces you have left with your texted flames and insults.

cool story bro.
Know when RO had the most players? when it took 405,254,427 total EXP to get to 99 with a huge 99,999,998 to get that last level, instead of 29,395,800 TOTAL.
Back when it took a month of 8+ hours a day grinding on monsters that gave 3,410 exp each to even get close to a level.

Oh dear lord! They lowered the exp to get to 99? Blasphemy! Nevermind that the level cap was increased and the entirety of monster exp was changed. And why would you grind on something giving that little, there were plenty of things that gave far better exp back then. That would be like grinding on porings now. 405 million total exp to get to 99? Oh me oh my. What about the 1,563,324,000 (1 billion, 563 million, 324 thousand [figured I'd make it easy for you to understand]) to go to max level now? Oh its not so bad? Well what about the monsters giving around 10k exp each towards later levels. What about being capped in a 15 level range or you get super nerfed exp, so even if you can kill something higher, it doesn't make a damned difference. There wasn't any of that back in pre-renewal, now was there.

RO was ALOT more popular back when leveling was an accomplishment not handed to you on a string. I bet your just some private-server scrub who's used to playing there retarded emulation with 1000000x exp rates so you can hit max level in a day. You're being spoon-feg by being GIVEN these turn in quests.

RO was more popular back then because leveling was an accomplishment? Really? It couldn't have possibly been because, you know, it was more balanced, and the better next gen games weren't out yet. Nope. Couldn't have had anything to do with that. For your second point in there, first, you have no right to judge or assume, you stepped out of line on that comment. I do NOT play private servers, nor would I. In fact, I play some of those next gen games that are out now. Currently I play Rift along side RO (I pretty much just afk here because the experience sucks, so there's no real playing happening). It's p2p. It has a much more community focus, the developers over there have control over their game so they can actually give the community what it wants without being parented. Oh, and you know what? Theres NO BOTS (only gold spammers, like every game). Why? Because its not F2P. It doesn't invite people who cheat unless they are willing to put out high amounts of money for each and every account they want to cheat and get banned on. Why would I bother playing a private server when I can have something better?

I'm glad people like you aren't 150, because if everyone was as -_-ty as you the game would be so incredibly boring. Try learn to play before you level huh? What MMO takes less than 8 hours to get the last level? Unless you're playing something incredibly boring and easy like WoW I don't know what else.

Uh oh. I'm a bad player. You went and made another assumption. Nevermind the fact that I plan an AB, who's solo capability is dismal unless it is an undead or demon monster. I have a complete grasp on my class, and people rarely die under my watch. So I think it's a safe bet that there is no "learn to play" needed. What mmo takes less than 8 hours? How about all of the high end games that, coincidentally, have more subscribers than RO. Wonder why this could be? I'll leave you to ponder that reasoning. You went and made another assumption.

Let me say it in big letters so you can understand this TL;DR
MMO's make more money the longer a player plays. Players will play longer and more often if there are levels to be gained. All MMO's are originally designed to take a long time to level to max level so you will spend a long time playing the game to get to that level, thus giving them more money. 90% of people who play MMO's complain about an MMO if you can hit max level within a month with little effort.
in effect.

Maxed level characters back then may have been less revenue then. Now, the people who contribute are probably the max leveled players, afterall they have to keep kafra shop items stocked up. Who cares how it was then. That's the past, and this is now. Also, did you know 98% of all statistics are made up on the spot? True story. But on that note, I never once said a "month", nor did I say with little effort. A casual player, you know, someone who works and has a job (which should be the majority of the RO population these days, since most of us who played back then should now be in our 20's or so), should be able to hit max level in about 2-3 months. Why? Well, most people don't like being tied down to one character. They want multiple chars. Why is someone going to make multiple characters to max level when it takes over half a year to do it? Most people, especially casual gamers, wont do it. Most would probably say "eff it" and leave, or do as I'm trying now; to get it fixed.

In example: before it was free to play new players would buy monthly subscriptions. Most maxed level players would buy 15 hour subscriptions. The new players would update there subscription every month, or buy a bulk-month sub and play and level. The maxed level player would log on 2 hours a week to do WoE and that 15 hour sub would last 7 weeks.
Gravity got more money from players leveling and hunting than people maxed out who did the main PvP aspect of the game.
In effect; maxed out characters = less revenue = less wanted by the company.

Refer to what I said above. The game and its main income source have likely flipped.

VIP is the new subscription, only none-maxed characters would buy it while maxed ones wouldn't need 90% of it's features.

Because of course the maxed level people don't need warps. They don't need increased drop rates either, because none of the maxed level people ever MvP or hunt items on those characters right?

You're just lazy dumb trash and if your guild is full of worthless scrubs like you then you all should drop a bunch of money into the game and quit because the community hates your type

That is rather offensive, and asinine to assume(we talked about that word already didn't we) that any of my friends or guild mates are "scrubs". I hope you have a terrible day. Why though, I have to ask, if I intended on quitting would I drop a boat load of money into a game and then leave it? Maybe I missed something there, but that's rather redundant and illogical is it not?

Next time you post, why don't you try not assuming things, and not trying to flame or be offensive. It would make you seem much more intelligent and less arrogant.

Tigra, you are right. This thread devolved into something it should not have. Increase the bradium spawn more please Heim.

#48 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Uh oh. I'm a bad player. You went and made another assumption. Nevermind the fact that I plan an AB, who's solo capability is dismal unless it is an undead or demon monster. I have a complete grasp on my class, and people rarely die under my watch. So I think it's a safe bet that there is no "learn to play" needed. What mmo takes less than 8 hours? How about all of the high end games that, coincidentally, have more subscribers than RO. Wonder why this could be? I'll leave you to ponder that reasoning. You went and made another assumption.

Um, I know plenty of people who play WoW, sir, and it took them more than 8 hours to get to max level. So, there YOU go making false claims.

#49 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Just write an essay, post it on your ragnarok blog, take some screenshots of how pro you are, and cry there please.

#50 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Um, I know plenty of people who play WoW, sir, and it took them more than 8 hours to get to max level. So, there YOU go making false claims.

Uh...Well, I don't know what your friends problem was, but last I played was 79-80 in Wrath. And most of my chars with straight play through took about 6 hours. One char I managed to do it in 4. I think I probably still have the screenshot of the time it took too. I'm not making any false claims, its about knowing how to quest there. Here, its not really "knowing where to grind", because the places to grind are so limited. It's, go here, spend 10 levels and 100 hours of your life getting those final 10 levels. That's just ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users