#1 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

was using items in manhole really disabled? this is the dumbest :D you could have ever done

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

If they're going to do stuff like this they also need to fix the issue of Dispel, Divest, etc. going through Manhole and WI. >_>

#3 Keollyn

Keollyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Give SC no abilities, m'kay.

#4 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

I love it. Take that, you Bwing spammers, and sit there and eat our minefields XD

What's wrong with manhole actually doing what it's supposed to do and TRAPPING people in place? Shadow chasers can actually attempt to kill now.

(Psychogenic, your avatar is amazing)

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 17 August 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#5 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

I love it. Take that, you Bwing spammers, and sit there and eat our minefields XDWhat's wrong with manhole actually doing what it's supposed to do and TRAPPING people in place? Shadow chasers can actually attempt to kill now.(Psychogenic, your avatar is amazing)

manhole is now the strongest move in the game cause there is NO way to counter it, unless you have a gtb that is

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Magnetic Earth?

#7 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Magnetic Earth?

lol

#8 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

manhole is now the strongest move in the game cause there is NO way to counter it, unless you have a gtb that is

storm blast RK's have an answer to manhole. On top of that, so what? it's not like shadow chasers have any way to actually kill people. They are supposed to delay/disable select targets in woe. PVP trapping is just gimmickry.

#9 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

Its an even bigger fagotry when they manhole people and then put traps>Shadow form>hit themself. And I thought stormblast didn't do damage while in manhole aside from wasting a rune.

#10 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

storm blast RK's have an answer to manhole. On top of that, so what? it's not like shadow chasers have any way to actually kill people. They are supposed to delay/disable select targets in woe. PVP trapping is just gimmickry.

stormblast is the answer to manhole? did you miss the part where you cant use ANY items in manhole now, this includes bwings and pots and runes and so on

and no stormblast didnt do damage in manhole but it would damage traps if they were close enough, but now you just sit in manhole with your finger up your ass till the sc traps you to death or you alt-f4

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

You know in the coming balance patches, an SC will be unable to cast Manhole next to an existing one. It'll prevent any SC from repetitively trapping a single person with the off chance that said person has a slight moment to make a counter(Sura Snapping away as soon as it wears off as an example). So in essence, the Manhole+SF+Trap-oneself SC solo tactic is gonna get fixed eventually. That and the fact there's a 5-sec skill delay slapped onto Manhole, it means there isn't really much means to trap several people for long.

#12 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

stormblast is the answer to manhole? did you miss the part where you cant use ANY items in manhole now, this includes bwings and pots and runes and so on

and no stormblast didnt do damage in manhole but it would damage traps if they were close enough, but now you just sit in manhole with your finger up your ass till the sc traps you to death or you alt-f4

oh whoops, silly me.

either way I still think it's fine. Consider this: a sura will kill you in 1 hit with Gfist most of the time, and in a co-operative situation there's not much you can do about that.

If a SC wants to kill someone in WoE, they have to get them in manhole, set up traps, then SF them and set the traps off, in the mean time leaving the person's teammates all the time in the world to mess with their traps or kill/disable the SC himself.

Yes it's powerful 1vs1, but in WoE I don't see how it will change much.

Also, if the KRO notes are to be believed, SC's will be getting a lot of unecessary and crippling nerfs to other skills.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 17 August 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#13 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

using sura is a bad example since its easy to avoid, all you have to do is run around so they arent right next to you when they cc or hide when they fist you without cc

and yes they are getting nerfed in the future but until we get that patch manhole is more op then every other skill in game since it can make everyone useless and it has no counter, this :D needs to be returned to how it was before

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

and yes they are getting nerfed in the future but until we get that patch manhole is more op then every other skill in game since it can make everyone useless and it has no counter, this :D needs to be returned to how it was before

Magnetic Earth. Plus, the balance patches are coming around next week or the week after? It's pretty balanced when it comes to WoE, considering how there's a bunch of people to keep in mind. I could care less about how OP it could potentially be in PvP or 1vs1 situations.

#15 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

magnetic earth would only be viable if you had a sorc stapled to your ass all the time

#16 nosurrender

nosurrender

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

white imprison + gravitational field is pretty annoying too.....

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

magnetic earth would only be viable if you had a sorc stapled to your ass all the time

Pretty common in WoE.

#18 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

moving around is also a fairly good way to avoid manhole. Yes it does have a 3x3 range, but Cursed circle + snap is harder to avoid IMO. especially in lag, placing manholes is kind of fiddly.

#19 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

manhole is now the strongest move in the game cause there is NO way to counter it

1. Character Select, log back in.
2. Dont get manholed.
3. Magnetic Earth
4. Ganbentein
5. Get another chaser to use Manhole Level 1 and free you
6. Get another chaser to manhole/ignorance the chaser
7. Use Stasis against the Chaser (pretty extreme)
8. Hit the chaser with any ranged skill greater than 7 cells
9. Warg Bite the Chaser
10. Break the Chasers cast bar - Oblivion Curse, Magic Mushroom, Thorn Wall, Hit them really fast

Just thinking about each class. Im pretty sure each one has a ranged skill > 7 cells or one of the above strategies.
Except Royal Guard. RG's get boned. I think SC's are RG's natural enemy.

Oh wait, I forgot RG's can use Pinpoint and Exceed Break. Which 1 shots my 45k HP Chaser in WoE.

Edited by Wiggles, 18 August 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#20 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

You forgot to mention ABs get :D by manhole and can't do anything about it... but that is how it is with any skill lol!

#21 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

to all those trying to justify this buff, whats your char names? i wanna follow you guys around while lvling and such to keep you in manhole till i get bored

#22 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:35 AM

to all those trying to justify this buff, whats your char names? i wanna follow you guys around while lvling and such to keep you in manhole till i get bored ban

fix'd

#23 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:12 AM

to all those trying to justify this buff, whats your char names? i wanna follow you guys around while lvling and such to keep you in manhole till i get bored

Thats a stupid arguement.

Whats your chars name, ill come icewall you. Classical Pluck you. Cast Warp Portal around you. Heal your monsters. Pneuma/S.Wall your monsters. Basillica your mob. Sheltering Bliss. Spellbreak you. ME under your casts. Kaite/Kaizel/Kahii/Kaupe basically every soul linker skill. Snatch/Fatal Menace your monsters. You get the idea!

Edited by Wiggles, 18 August 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#24 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:13 AM

to all those trying to justify this buff, whats your char names? i wanna follow you guys around while lvling and such to keep you in manhole till i get bored someone elses SC banned

I fixed it better.

#25 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:17 AM

never had a problem with SC in pvp.
Then again I don't even need to attack them, sorcerers rape SC so hard it's not even funny. They manhole, get close to use shadow form, and get pelted with 192 aspd hits for 700 8D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users