Rideword hat questions.. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rideword hat questions..

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Hakuouki

Hakuouki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Is it worth buying a +4 rideword hat or should i save up for a +9? i only have 135m to my name so it's a huge investment... does the proc increase make that big of a difference? or should i just settle for less and work with it?

#2 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

Wait for the prices to drop. The rideword hat is ridiculously expensive now. They used to be 25M ea just last month.

#3 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

i say get the +4 it will help yer alot in leveling...if you do have extra MOney in the future you can try buy the +9 one. It still a good investment as it a limited item..

#4 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

Is it worth buying a +4 rideword hat or should i save up for a +9? i only have 135m to my name so it's a huge investment... does the proc increase make that big of a difference? or should i just settle for less and work with it?

+9 rideword hat doesn't have a bigger proc rate, the amount of hp/sp leeched is doubled. You can 150 with a +4 rideword hat just fine. A +9 is nice to have (I mean it) but isn't a necessity.

#5 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

price most likely wont decrease much just like someone said, its limited items. i highly would u need that +9, unless u really need to stuff a carat in it

#6 Hakuouki

Hakuouki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

i play on ymir so i don't know what the current value price is, according to ragial it has extreme differences between high price and low so the price right now is weird.

#7 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

wait so these hats are worth something now? i have tons of them lol

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

+9 is more about being able to put carat in it than the actual +9 bonus for most classes. With Nyd garb a +4 one is 2% chance to get 5% SP back, so 20k damage = 1k sp back. most classes aoes do a lot more than that.

#9 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

saw a rideword for about 70mil a few days ago on ymir

http://ragial.com/se...ir/rideword hat

just checked and welp they're 95mil now

#10 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Rideword hat is one of THE best gears in the game. Better than Asprika :waddle:

@ Dienasty: Unless there's another box event that eases the price of rideword ir it ain't never gonna drop and will get higher and higher.

Edited by HRdevil, 19 August 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#11 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Indeed, one of "must have" items in-game. Sucks, ppl sell it OP these days... /sigh

I'll just wait for em again to be put in boxes, and upgrade it with events like we had before (safe attempts w/boxter). /no1

#12 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

+9 is more about being able to put carat in it than the actual +9 bonus for most classes. With Nyd garb a +4 one is 2% chance to get 5% SP back, so 20k damage = 1k sp back. most classes aoes do a lot more than that.

I've always wondered: is the 5% of damage aggregate damage inflicted that hit, or is it the 'targeted damage' on that one particular monster that procs it?

#13 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

When I first started playing in renewal, I heard about rideword hat and how it was a one-time thing that isn't obtainable anymore. I knew the price was never going anywhere but up, so the first thing I did was buy one asap which cost me 40m. I +4'd it and tried it out, completely underwhelmed with the low proc chance, but when it does finally proc it basically fills you up.

I figured out that the key to keeping my sp full was 1) get my damage as high as possible and 2) mob insanely big. The more monsters you can cram into each AoE, the more chances it has to proc. And the more damage you do, the more sp you get back. This can be a difficult combination to sustain because these two things subtract from each other. Equipping yourself for pure damage will make you too squishy to mob as big as needed. I found that there really is no compromising that can be done, and the best results come from gearing for pure survival while relying on very expensive weapons to do all the damage -- weapons that are upgraded beyond the standard +7 and, if applicable, carded+endowed for the specific monster you're going after. The days of settling for measly +5's are gone.

It wasn't until later that I realized how many classes actually use rideword. If it deals physical damage, it probably wants a rideword on its head. It doesn't have to be AoE either. If a skill like Clashing or Cross Impact procs the hat just once, the damage on those skills is so high in PvM that you might feel limited by your max sp. You may find yourself hanging up your damage gear in favor of some max sp gear.

It really is kind of a slap in the face that they would implement a headgear so vital to so many classes, and then make it unobtainable, causing the price to soar so high that it's out of reach for even the most devoted new player. You're giving advice to a new player and when he asks about headgear, you tell him how much easier his life would be with rideword. After finding out how much it costs, he rolls his eyes and scribbles down "rideword" on his maybe-some-day-but-probably-never-gonna-happen list.

Sure, it will happen, but try convincing a newb of that. It's like in the old days when some level 20 kid who has been playing his heart out all day long overhears some veterans talking about how level 96 is only halfway to 99 lol. This game is full of stuff like that, and I imagine these kind of hard truths have procced a lot of rofl-quits throughout RO's history. "It took you HOW many years to 99? LOL bye I'll be on WoW / hellokitty / anything but this."

And you're like "Wait!"
"That was a year ago!"
"It will probably only take like 6 months now."
"Hello?"

Edited by Nymmastal, 20 August 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#14 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

If you're going to save up for a +9 rideword, you should hold onto your money until after the raffle when the price of everything drops due to less total money in the market.

#15 bronze

bronze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

Rideword Hats need to come in a box once every year. Every character needs one OU'ed.

#16 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

Rideword Hats need to come in a box once every year. Every character needs one OU'ed.

It seems pretty retarded to have an item like that be an event/lucky box item. Almost every guide I see for leveling post 100 involves a +9 rideword and hunterfly carded weapons which seems pretty lame

#17 nosurrender

nosurrender

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

I kind of feel like with the 600m or so price tag now, you're probably better off buying a +0 for 100-150m and spending the rest of the money on potions.

#18 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

They show up in boxes often enough. I think its been in 3 so far? if the price of a kafra/event headgear is spiraling out of control (like rideword is now) its a sure thing you see it in one of the next couple of boxes.

Also using a Nyd garb is pretty much mandatory with rideword hat. It doubles the proc chance making it twice as effective.

Edited by Hrothmund, 20 August 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#19 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Well sort of.

Two 1%s isn't quite as good as one 2%, but I know what you're saying.

#20 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

It seems pretty retarded to have an item like that be an event/lucky box item. Almost every guide I see for leveling post 100 involves a +9 rideword and hunterfly carded weapons which seems pretty lame

I have a level 150 chaser. made without a rideword hat. And the times i have ran out of sp are neglectable. A couple of reasons why: I dont think the hat itself is 'pretty'. And most of all, the price.. And you can see on ragial who decided to bump the prices.. :waddle:

I dont get how something can go from +/-65 to 99m within a few days. The economy is so screwed at the moment its not even funny

#21 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:51 AM

I have to question the usefulness of it when its price is that high.
Strawberries cost 2000?
Then it would take fifty thousand strawberries to match a RWH at a one hundred million price tag.

Is not having to go back to town once in a while to restock worth that much money?
I'm going to say: no.

#22 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

Rideword hats at 25m last month? What server are you playing? o_o;

They'll only keep going up unless they're put in boxes or what not again.

Which, if Heim listens to the community, they'll probably be in the next raffle.

#23 Hakuouki

Hakuouki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

heim if you're there and reading this, the people have spoken RIDEWORD HATS IN BOXES PLEASE!!! :) or you can make a completely new hat rivaling the Rideword hat.

#24 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

If I can go through 100k ice cream like it's nothing, I'm pretty sure I can go through 50k strawberries easily.

#25 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

Even at +4 the hat is worth it. I wouldn't expect it to come back in a lucky box till around Christmas, to be honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users