Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

a good rule of thumb. If you have to ask, then there is a good chance it is against the terms of service.

#3 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

then why are people still doing it and not being punished?(at least i have never heard of anyone being punished)

Edited by fr0stn0va, 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#4 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

i was just asking because i seen people doing it ingame and they werent bots i just figure because it was already in points form it wasnt a big deal but thanks for the reply

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Selling WPE is against the Terms of Service. Nothing prevents you from gifting a code to a friend and your friend feeling grateful enough to give you some million zeny in exchange though~

#6 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Especially if your friend is a random sitting in Eden.

Remember, kids, a stranger's just a friend you haven't met.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

It's not considered a suspension level offense, though its not something that should be on the forums.

The policy for buying and selling WPE, that's something where Gravity can't endorse the practice, and cannot restore WPE/zeny lost as a result of a scam.

P.S. Just FWI, don't ask to buy/sell/trade or anything related to bartering WPE in the market place on these forums as it will be removed without notice.

#8 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

loopholes :waddle:

Edited by fr0stn0va, 19 August 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#9 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

it is assumed that you are gifting wpe to a not yet met friend, aka stranger, then they are grateful and they give you some zeny for your kindness

#10 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

ok but isnt 300 WPE -> 300 Kafra points -> YggCrown = 3-5m zeny the same as
1000 WPE gift <--> 30m zeny ?the only difference i see is my giving them WPE to change into kafra points to get something they want or paying their account with. no if i was asking for real money thats a different story

#11 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

i guess when you are sending code/wpe over, u are gifting wpe to the other party. whether the other party give u zeny or not gm will not care?

#12 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

then why are people still doing it and not being punished?(at least i have never heard of anyone being punished)

2- It property the commission of The Blackmarket, and stock owner to The Mecernary Guild, even agreed by the Merchant Guild Elites.

Other Two Markets
-----------------
1- Is The Market Block
3- Is The Market Port...(Elite Merchant who designs rare goods. Located in the Highlands.)

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Its not endorsed simply because it creates problems which shouldn't occur in the first place. Since there is no official system to xfer zeny for WPE someone ultimately has the potential to get screwed on the first date so to speak. The problem with a system being setup is that once an amount is set for WPE and endorsed by Gravity then it could be construed as a legal system of buying zeny. Its a gray area to make the head spin for sure. Best thing to do is just not do it with strangers, friends is whatever but not infallible for the most part.

#14 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Its not endorsed simply because it creates problems which shouldn't occur in the first place. Since there is no official system to xfer zeny for WPE someone ultimately has the potential to get screwed on the first date so to speak. The problem with a system being setup is that once an amount is set for WPE and endorsed by Gravity then it could be construed as a legal system of buying zeny. Its a gray area to make the head spin for sure. Best thing to do is just not do it with strangers, friends is whatever but not infallible for the most part.

(Nods head sipping Tea.)

Blackmarket Shops, you have to blueprint skills when it underlines haggling. However, it's fun. A good old showdown of craftyness. The Blackmarket Franchise does have understandable Merchants, but it's rare to spot them.

#15 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

well i understand but since it is my money if i were to ever do it i would get my zeny first be4 i send anyone a WPE gift, i dont screw anyone over .

#16 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

Because this is iRO, no one is punished

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

No, I'm sure Heim in some post in the past(Maybe around 3-5 months ago?) mentioned that they were okay with it for as long as you're careful with those players selling WPE for in-game zeny. Better than buying from those stupid spam bot gold farmer companies in this case. Technically he encouraged it, but didn't directly state it as a fact. So if you get scammed it's technically not their problem. So be sure you're buying WPE from a trusted source and not from some random Novice or nontrans who's set up a chat saying they're selling WPE.

#18 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

just dont waste your money in this game XP (at least until we get those balances >________________>)

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

It's not illegal so long as you don't advertise it ingame. What you do with WPE is your business and if you get scammed (which there is a high chance of) it's a personal problem.

#20 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

ok but isnt 300 WPE -> 300 Kafra points -> YggCrown = 3-5m zeny the same as
1000 WPE gift <--> 30m zeny ?the only difference i see is my giving them WPE to change into kafra points to get something they want or paying their account with. no if i was asking for real money thats a different story

The price of the items in the Kafra Shop don't line up to a very neat KP to Zeny ratio. Ygg crown would be a perfect example of someone selling it for less than its WPE value. You can get like 3.5 mil for a 100 Point HD Ori (Or was it Enriched? The cheaper one)

Edited by Scott, 20 August 2011 - 03:39 AM.

#21 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:52 AM

Ygg Crowns are probably not the best example, since a lot of them were made through the quest, not bought for KP.

#22 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

Nike just do it

#23 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

It's not illegal so long as you don't advertise it ingame. What you do with WPE is your business and if you get scammed (which there is a high chance of) it's a personal problem.

Totally agree with you, I do not buy WPE from ANYONE in-game and i think their prices are ridiculous considering how often dumb people gets scammed.

I say, if you want VIP stop playing this game for 1 hour of your life work for only 1 hour and get VIP in this game for a month and buy yourself a cookie. HD's are tradable and enriched so... people wold probably want vip or some consumables.

#24 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

Andy c post crap waste of time as usual

except that's andini, not freak flow :)

#25 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

Actually, I sent a ticket in asking about it after seeing people advertising it game with chats at the Prontera spawn point. I was concerned about people basically walking into scams and suggested something should be done to discourage it.

The guy who answered the ticket told me those players weren't doing anything they deemed illegal (even with the open advertising of it) and it was only an issue if people were actually getting scammed. They did mention they were trying to figure out a way to regulate it a bit. I was pretty surprised by the answer. But this was a few months ago at least, maybe they've changed their stance on this since then but I somehow doubt it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users