AFK AB Orc Dungeon & Problem - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AFK AB Orc Dungeon & Problem

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationBehind The Jail
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

I want knw who got the same Pm ing from them,the AFK AB on Orc Dungeon.

They was AFK and if they back,they hv Problem and PM ing me ,and saying that I KSing??

come on,The Monster is Agresive type, THE AB is AFK, they dont atck or moveing, thats mean,I am free to mob it and kill it or???

or pls GM set the monster in Orc Dun to NOT Agressive type!!!

I just want play and fun, not want to hurt every1 (who was AFKing)

#2 JeremiahLoh

JeremiahLoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

They was AFK and if they back,they hv Problem and PM ing me ,and saying that I KSing??

come on,The Monster is Agresive type, THE AB is AFK, they dont atck or moveing, thats mean,I am free to mob it and kill it or???

Well first and foremost, they were AFK, doing so would have made the monster not theirs. It's the Orc Dungeon... you expect undead Orcs who are naturally aggressive when not undead to be coded to be non-aggressive? Just ignore them.

Kill Stealing is attacking the monster while they are attacking it themselves.

#3 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

Well first and foremost, they were AFK, doing so would have made the monster not theirs. It's the Orc Dungeon... you expect undead Orcs who are naturally aggressive when not undead to be coded to be non-aggressive? Just ignore them.

ic
hmm I was think to make a AFK AB 2 or 3 or maybe a lot xD

#4 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

Kill Stealing is if the monster is attacking them or they being attacked, and you go kill them out of your greedy heart.
I remember it being like this, since hitting or being hit acts a tap (exp/dropVSmvp) as well.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

Technically the monster belongs to whoever it's attacking.

There's plenty of other monsters, I'd just move on and get others.

If they're genuinely AFK, they won't PM you. If they do however, you should just apologise and move on. It's not worth getting into trouble over.

Edit : You don't know if they're waiting for a friend to kill it, or anything really.

Edited by Xellie, 19 August 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

It's true that if they are not actively engaging the monster they are just holding up the spawn. That is discouraged, but so is killstealing. It's one of those grey areas.

It's usually best to just try to avoid players like this, especially if they're going to get confrontational about it. Save yourself the headache, but if you feel they're really negatively affecting your game play, send in a ticket about it.

#7 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

Or if the monster is attacking them, which is why attacking a monster someone is pulling/tanking for someone else is considered kill stealing.

#8 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

^^ tanking, not pulling. Grabbing a monster chasing someone else is not killstealing, but it is rude.

#9 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:23 AM

THE AB is AFK, they dont atck or moveing, thats mean,I am free to mob it and kill it or???

I'm pretty sure you're not ment to drop a mob/kill another player on purpose, and that this counts as harassment.
If the AB pmed you about it, then s/he was right to do so, as what you did isn't only rude, but likely also against the rules.

There are plenty of mobs down there, what he is doing isn't against the rules.
S/he collected items that have effects "on hit", as they were made by gravity.
I see what they are doing more as a way of being creative with what's available.

#10 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

when they pm you = they are not afk

#11 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

It's true that if they are not actively engaging the monster they are just holding up the spawn. That is discouraged, but so is killstealing. It's one of those grey areas.

It's usually best to just try to avoid players like this, especially if they're going to get confrontational about it. Save yourself the headache, but if you feel they're really negatively affecting your game play, send in a ticket about it.

aww, really...I dont have Problem with them,dont need to write ticket.
maybe, they have Problem with me -.- They should write a ticket, oh,I mean a ticket from AFKing 99%~Times wit only 1%~Times not AFK/not on alt-mode....

so,I just want lvling there for 1~2Hours to got base lvl 56 from 30,I think they can AFKing like 24 Hours or maybe like from the server up after maintance to server down bc maintance lol, its free ,they choice .. I dont hv Problem xD

I will enjoy my game ~<3 no

#12 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

when they pm you = they are not afk

oh,forgot to tell ...PM was sending after a few Mins maybe after I got base lvl 50,I was there from 30 <.<

wow,I am lvling so fast /gg

#13 sexytime

sexytime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:16 AM

Just ignore them. It's like those noobs at ant hell QQing about ks with their afk homos. The problem is that elites talk about helping noobs but once you get to know them, you find out they're horrible.

#14 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

I dont mind if anyone levels off of me for a little bit. Most newbies use me as a tank, and if they are nice to me i dont mind. (Really hate it when people start yelling "BOT BOT BOT!!") But when someone completely ks's you for 3-4 hours at a time it gets annoying. Im generally nice to everyone in there. I dont know which particular AB you mustve pissed off lol but there is a limit to ksing I must say. And come on people... Theres thousands of orcs in there, learn to share. Dont go hating on people. Its a game.

Edited by FatalityX, 20 August 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

Just KS them. Who cares.

#16 fong

fong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

Just KS them. Who cares.

-.-'

#17 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

Has an afk arcbishop (which is over 50 levels out of range of the monsters) killing mobs slowly with autoproc skills earned those monsters in any way? Even if they are watching their screen they are still afk in the sense of not moving or using their keyboard.

#18 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

are they "A"way "F"rom "K"eyboard? nope.

I have no idea why they would complain though, you get like 10exp from orc zombies post 100. I sometimes put mine down there, but its only because i have a homunc in one of the other areas so AB is to balance spawn. I couldnt care less if someone KS'd it, infact i'd encourage it to get stuff spawning by the homunc

If an AB actually wanted exp they could afk at harpies.

Edited by Hrothmund, 20 August 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#19 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

Those who AFk in an area full of aggro's will eventually be killed by those aggros.
It's best to leave them to their fate.

#20 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

Seriously you shouldn't be down there for longer than 30 minutes getting from 35-56. They can deal with it.

#21 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

That AB most likely exceeded by the map's speed limit by over 50 km/h. In Ontario, that AB is going to be impounded by the police on the spot for at least 7 days. orcsdun02 has a posted speed limit of 54 km/h.

In my view third class characters have no monster priority at all in low level maps like orc dungeon.

Edited by mooMOOmoo, 21 August 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#22 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

^ hahahaha

#23 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Lmao best post ever. I must be going 59km/s over the limit =o!

#24 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

Actually I think I know which AB is it... They farm blanks and other items with a greed hat and equip autocast/item drop cards

I have ks by error with my homcus but then, my homcus doesn't register someone attacking the monsters that killed and yet avoid the ones with autocasted skill so... O_oU

#25 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

That AB most likely exceeded by the map's speed limit by over 50 km/h. In Ontario, that AB is going to be impounded by the police on the spot for at least 7 days. orcsdun02 has a posted speed limit of 54 km/h.

In my view third class characters have no monster priority at all in low level maps like orc dungeon.

it's new to me that cars that CAN drive faster have lower rights in road traffic. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users