IRO dying ? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

IRO dying ?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

^ It is actually dying if you actually take notice how many legit players are actually playing

In Yggdrasil and Valkyrie Servers:

80% bots
15% legit players
5% A F K and people trying to look cute in Eden

For Ymir, I'm glad GMs are paying a lot of attention to it, but they need to work on the other servers too...

15% legit players ?!?!

more like 35%

and 15% afk

never exclude those merchant classes selling in pront or in eden & people who woe - lots of guild lots of guilds

#27 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

In Yggdrasil and Valkyrie Servers:

80% bots
15% legit players

Can you cite a source for these figures? they seem incredibly far from accurate.

#28 Seiken7

Seiken7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

I would not say iRO is dying. I would preferably say the iRO is between dying and growing people in iRO and GMs should work together to make the community grow and would try their best to make RO a competitive to other games not graphically wise but community, management and fun wise.

#29 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

15% legit players ?!?!

more like 35%

and 15% afk

never exclude those merchant classes selling in pront or in eden & people who woe - lots of guild lots of guilds

i would say 5% legit player... even less.... becouse those zeny buyers are not legit

#30 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Can you cite a source for these figures? they seem incredibly far from accurate.

It is merely an estimation. Please don't tell me you actually believe there are 1k players in Yggdrasil, Serenity. =P

#31 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm sorry, but when (or if) RO2 comes out I'm moving to that.

I wouldn't be surprised if many people do this.
Just saying.

At first I was pretty interested in RO2, but I'm pretty sure heard Gravity dropped the ball on it to work on renewal.
It would explain why I haven't heard anything about it since renewal came out.

I played a non-legit p. serv of it once, it reminded me of Mabinogi.
Still, I don't see a lot of people running off to play that instead, especially those who have been playing for years and have too much to lose to start something new there.

#32 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

People play yggdrasil? I thought it was a still birth...
Just kidding.

In all seriousness... There has always been a huge number of bots on iRO and there used to be a higher bot population on each jRO server than the whole population of iRO currently combined.
Bots have always been here, so just because you see alot of them doesn't mean the population is "lower" because of it.

Or lets put it in an example using % as a constant, lets say RO is always 25% players 75% bots.

If there's 500 online, that means there is 125 players, 375 bots online.
If there's 800 online, that means there is 200 players and 600 bots online.

Still more players playing than before, even though it looks like theres alot more bots.

Edited by Tirasu, 23 August 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#33 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

"A F K and people trying to look cute in Eden" is a legit way to play the game though xD

#34 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

If worse comes to worst I'm sure they will merge the servers into one...then I would have to quit. :|

Edited by Psychogenik, 23 August 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#35 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

+1

If there's 500 online, that means there is 125 players, 375 bots online.
If there's 800 online, that means there is 200 players and 600 bots online.

Still more players playing than before, even though it looks like theres alot more bots.

When there's more bots than players, you know something's wrong :>

Edited by Intrigue, 23 August 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#36 DarkSakul

DarkSakul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards, City of Baltimore

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Rumors of IRO dying is as old as the IRO beta

Relax

#37 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Holy :mwahaha:, back in 2004 people used to say RO was dying, and yet here we are 7 years later...

I really wish I had a nickel for every time someone said that. I'd be rich by now.

#38 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Its okay, people always say "X" is dying where "X" is something they are discontent with.

#39 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

at least post why you delete the post.... you cant hold the true? oh yes i copy pasted my censored post

i didnt insult or cap, if you delete this... its a real anarchie"<<<<<<<<<<<<< this post was deleted for the most fail moderator ever

#40 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

I was trying to post Meph, but the forums are slow. I was the one that hid your post.

All you are doing is life crapping right now. And I don't want your general attitude to be what represents us to the world here. I understand you have a vested interest and passion for certain classes, but lets keep it polite and on topic.

If you want to call me incompetent, send a ticket, I'm tired of the abuse that serves no purpose other than "band wagoning". If you don't like what we do, please just go.

#41 Kayoss

Kayoss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

I was trying to post Meph, but the forums are slow. I was the one that hid your post.

All you are doing is life crapping right now. And I don't want your general attitude to be what represents us to the world here. I understand you have a vested interest and passion for certain classes, but lets keep it polite and on topic.

If you want to call me incompetent, send a ticket, I'm tired of the abuse that serves no purpose other than "band wagoning". If you don't like what we do, please just go.

Lol I love this post. Nothing against the above poster, I just think it's awesome.

#42 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

now imagine, hein its hitler

#43 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Heim has an angry.

#44 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

You know, I kind of really like toughHeim. It probably doesn't get him as much love as funHeim, but I sometimes wish he showed up more often...

#45 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

Heimdallr i dont hate you, even less oda or inubashiri, i dont wish your death or anything, its just painfull that i forced myself to stop playing becouse my main and only class what i ever play its usless, i put suggestions in feedback post, i did my research before QQ against any skill, all the problems that iro have are from KRO, but its sad that iro still setting up important changes in main servers and just killed the test server for that waste of time called "usrc blah blah" we just want to see real changes against those zeny buyers classes (sura,genetic) plsssssss just make a magic class 150 with all god gears and try to defend yourself against a genetic or sura, you will learn what do i tryng to told

#46 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Heimdallr i dont hate you, even less oda or inubashiri

I beg your pardon?

#47 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

Thank you Mef, the tone of your last post is much better, and I appreciate your reports. I have never thought what you give in feedback is "bad". Most of the feedback I see from anyone I do agree with from certain standpoints. But with that said there are things that we can change and then there are things we must receive and apply. The skill patches are the latter category that we must get the changes first and then we can say our peace about getting it changed.

All the feedback we have received can't even be dealt with yet until the skill patches are in.

#48 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Everything that is born is meant to die someday. It's just a matter of what could potentially affect the lifespan of something that was born. In this case, there's still plenty of room for RO to grow and expand. Compare "End of iRO as a result of iRO Headquarters' building getting burned down by a fire" with "The end of someone's life after a car crash." I don't see those kinds of things happening anytime soon.

#49 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

dying? in terms of populations, yes
dead? no

#50 Kayoss

Kayoss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Yea the population seems to be smaller than it has been in the past, but since I've come back I've never had a problem finding people to level with or do things with. I think the key is to find a decent guild honestly. The only thing that I think has died really is WoE. The inability to do much before 150 and the fact that 90% of the castles are held by 3-4 guilds has kind of killed it IMO. Not to get too nostalgic, but when I originally played this game it was a feat just to hold 1 castle, and if you had 2 it was a big deal. I wish they would put a limit on how many castles a guild/alliance could hold just to throw some competition into the mix.

Edited by Kayoss, 23 August 2011 - 09:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users