KSing a poor alchemist - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

KSing a poor alchemist

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 yurimi

yurimi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

I train a lot with my lamb homunculus. He tanks as I cast firebolt or attack. People actively go up and kill monsters on him, or one's i'm clearly attacking... I'm not afk and there have been a lot of people who do this. As much as I'd love to report a bunch of people, I'm more curious as to why people think it's appropriate. I know people afk with homunculus a lot but my alchemist is clearly walking, casting, and attacking the things. Plus i'm actively controlling how my homunculus moves...

Also does anyone know if TI's kills don't count if my lamb kills them? Cause even if i'm actively trying to help him kill the monsters it doesn't show up on counts sometimes. This is an error or done on purpose?

#2 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

Also does anyone know if TI's kills don't count if my lamb kills them? Cause even if i'm actively trying to help him kill the monsters it doesn't show up on counts sometimes. This is an error or done on purpose?

on purpose, the team was rather lazy to add in merc and homun kills to the killcount but they currently will NOT add to your count. The only way for you to get the count is for you to do >50% damage to the monster than your lamb

#3 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

The only way for you to get the count is for you to do >50% damage to the monster than your lamb

The only way to get the kill count is if you land the last hit on the monster, no matter how much damage a mercenary or an homunculus does. If I remember correctly, this is changed in the future.

#4 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

I've accidentally KS'd a few alche in the wootan KC, it's not on purpose, it's because their homunculus is killing too slow to actually notice something doing damage. (or people just don't see the homun because they're used to just seeing sprites attacking.)
Add on to the fact if it's a KC people are half braindead if they've been there a while.
That's not saying, I bet a few people just did it on purpose.
I know the crap people pull on afkmists.

#5 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Does Azzy AI have a function to make the homunculus stop attacking a monster when the monster reaches a certain hp? Seems like it would be very useful with all the kill counts these days.

For example the homunculus could beat everything down to <1k hp and then you finish it off with cart revo or something.

Edited by Nymmastal, 22 August 2011 - 06:39 AM.

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

Homunculus and mercenary kills don't count towards turn ins. It's not a glitch, it's always been like this.

Personally I think Homunculus kills should count but that's besides the point.

#7 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

The only way to get the kill count is if you land the last hit on the monster, no matter how much damage a mercenary or an homunculus does. If I remember correctly, this is changed in the future.

Is that why fire traps don't give me TI counts if they burn to death?

#8 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

Actually this server seems to have a lot of people that actively hate/envy homuns.

I wish we would either take them out
OR
Everyone would get the hell over it and just leave them alone.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

Does Azzy AI have a function to make the homunculus stop attacking a monster when the monster reaches a certain hp? Seems like it would be very useful with all the kill counts these days.

For example the homunculus could beat everything down to <1k hp and then you finish it off with cart revo or something.

Cannot be done. Homunculus cannot see damage numbers nor monster HP.

Homunculus and mercenary kills don't count towards turn ins. It's not a glitch, it's always been like this.

I'd have trouble arguing that it was intended behavior, it's an oversight by the dev team. It's a case of failure to integrate old mechanics (merc/homun) with new ones (killcount).

Everyone would get the hell over it and just leave them alone.

AMEN!

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 August 2011 - 02:05 PM.

#10 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Cannot be done. Homunculus cannot see damage numbers nor monster HP.

Hmm would it be possible to just make the Homunculus auto attack a specific monster a specific number of times, and then move on to the next monster?

For example, even though the homunculus can't see his own damage or that Solider's hp, you and I can see our homunculus' damage and average it out. We can check a database to find out the monster's hp.

So if my homunculus hits an average of 250 damage against Soliders (disregard skills for now), and a Solider has 8,768 hp, then I can do the math on my own and learn that my personal homunculus needs to hit a Solider an average of 35 times to kill it. Using that number, I could open the AI, select Solider, and set the homunculus to poke Solider 32 times. That should leave the Solider, on average, with 750 hp remaining. If the homunculus happens to hit a little harder than normal, there's a 749 hp cushion so that I can still get the kill count on my alchemist.

Would something like that work? 8D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users