why should i stay in jo? - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

why should i stay in jo?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#51 blaze10

blaze10

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

weird i didn't see any "why should i stay in fg?" post when fg was only winning 2 wars a day. even if the leeching problem was fixed most people would only play on the winning side and wars would still be unbalanced and boring like they are now.

#52 simshon

simshon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

im not a new player.and i remember when rc had the same situation.
but its dont matter which union,its just the unbalanced uw,and i want the developers\gm comment on what they gonna do about that.
3 pages-0 comments

#53 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

People only see and complain base on the time zone they're in. It fluctuates, rc/fg wins at certain times and jo/ar wins at certain times. I suggested this long ago and i still thing it'll be a good way to implement the balancing:

Have it so the game is able to differentiate between a leecher and an actual player. My idea at doing this is to require players to have say at least 5 kills in the previous war or have moved your characters past a certain point on the map in the previous war to be considered a non leecher for the upcomming war. What would happen is everyone that signs up for a faction ,that is considered a leecher, can still leech but would not count as a non leecher. And now onto the actual fighters, it should be setup where the game starts off with say 10 or 15 fighter cap. As soon as one side reaches the cap, no one can sign up until the other side reaches that cap, then the cap is increased, and the process repeats in exponential faction. Additionally, if one side is filled, people may get the option to sign up for the other side to balance it out.

What if I don't get that many proofs in a war?
chances are, if you don't get the required about of proofs, the system will consider you as a leecher but it won't add much to the imbalance wars as you probably won't be big factor in dictating whether or not your side wins the war. Let's be honest.. low levels for example won't be the deciding factor.

If I sign up for the other side what happens if the side I'm helping loses?
you will still get points for the side you're originally from

note: and of course these numbers are not exact but only an idea.

Edited by tENLAVUU, 23 August 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#54 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

People only see and complain base on the time zone they're in. It fluctuates, rc/fg wins at certain times and jo/ar wins at certain times. I suggested this long ago and i still thing it'll be a good way to implement the balancing:

Have it so the game is able to differentiate between a leecher and an actual player. My idea at doing this is to require players to have say at least 5 kills in the previous war or have moved your characters past a certain point on the map in the previous war to be considered a non leecher for the upcomming war. What would happen is everyone that signs up for a faction ,that is considered a leecher, can still leech but would not count as a non leecher. And now onto the actual fighters, it should be setup where the game starts off with say 10 or 15 fighter cap. As soon as one side reaches the cap, no one can sign up until the other side reaches that cap, then the cap is increased, and the process repeats in exponential faction. Additionally, if one side is filled, people may get the option to sign up for the other side to balance it out.

chances are, if you don't get the required about of proofs, the system will consider you as a leecher but it won't add much to the imbalance wars as you probably won't be big factor in dictating whether or not your side wins the war. Let's be honest.. low levels for example won't be the deciding factor.

When they update the system, it has been stated that there will be level ranges; I believe that these level ranges will infact annihilate leachers. - People that leach on a regular basis will be easier to spot, and report.

Just my 2 cents.

#55 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

note: and of course these numbers are not exact but only an idea.

You should be helping fight all the inbalance instead of playing RC.. traitor.

#56 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

I see no problem with Vu's idea.

#57 JayCeee

JayCeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

They should just make it where when you sign up and enter the portal, you are randomly put on a side

#58 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

You can't use proofs in any case...I've had games where iv'e been hard pressed to get 5 proofs because of all the FW kiddies flipping teams and making even getting off the spawn impossible. If I can't do that with a fully tricked out toon with best gear than people who don't play much are NEVER going to get any points. Hell i'd suggest that my whole team in some of those games...maybe none of them got 5 proofs after getting ganked by 4 people every time you moved. What we all need to face is there aren't really many people with honor in FW any more. It's all about points, it has nothing to do with pride...you see a team of 40 live people absolutely gut the other side of 20 people and all you see are "GGZ! WE ROCK! AWESOME GAME! THAT WAS FUN!". It's pretty damn sad.

No...there is only one fix for the FW...the teams are completely randomized every time a game starts. This is simple grade school stuff...when you give kiddies the ability to make their own teams, they will ALWAYS pick the best team in ensure they can win...no matter how poor that win really is. There are very few of us who are altruistic enough to try to keep the game even so the option needs to be taken out of our hands and given to an algorithm.

Edited by LadyPsyber, 23 August 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#59 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

You should be helping fight all the inbalance instead of playing RC.. traitor.

um actually, if you noticed i use to play on tENLAVUU whenever fg attacked and on whateverkEEN when jo attacked for quite some time. but anyways <: i did move my battle cleric to JO and have played some wars there but still gearing it.

#60 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

When they update the system, it has been stated that there will be level ranges; I believe that these level ranges will infact annihilate leachers. - People that leach on a regular basis will be easier to spot, and report.

Just my 2 cents.

If anything the level limit will encourage lechers for the lower class uw. I'm not going to lie, if they are at different times, why not have a character signed up for even the lower level one? Nothing else to to for established players besides pvp/war.

Just my dollar and a quarters worth.

seewhatididthere?

#61 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

um actually, if you noticed i use to play on tENLAVUU whenever fg attacked and on whateverkEEN when jo attacked for quite some time. but anyways <: i did move my battle cleric to JO and have played some wars there but still gearing it.

Tenlaa is on RC still isn't he? You never play the attacking side anymore :/
I'm always getting attacked by you :>

#62 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

You can't use proofs in any case...I've had games where iv'e been hard pressed to get 5 proofs because of all the FW kiddies flipping teams and making even getting off the spawn impossible. If I can't do that with a fully tricked out toon with best gear than people who don't play much are NEVER going to get any points. Hell i'd suggest that my whole team in some of those games...maybe none of them got 5 proofs after getting ganked by 4 people every time you moved. What we all need to face is there aren't really many people with honor in FW any more. It's all about points, it has nothing to do with pride...you see a team of 40 live people absolutely gut the other side of 20 people and all you see are "GGZ! WE ROCK! AWESOME GAME! THAT WAS FUN!". It's pretty damn sad.

No...there is only one fix for the FW...the teams are completely randomized every time a game starts. This is simple grade school stuff...when you give kiddies the ability to make their own teams, they will ALWAYS pick the best team in ensure they can win...no matter how poor that win really is. There are very few of us who are altruistic enough to try to keep the game even so the option needs to be taken out of our hands and given to an algorithm.

Leechers are not penalized the point of it is to make it so there is a close gap between the amount of fighters on each side. And if you're a weaker player due to say bad gear or low level, like i've stated, you won't count in that fighter slot as you probably won't change the outcome of the war significantly.

#63 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

And if you're a weaker player due to say bad gear or low level, like i've stated, you won't count in that fighter slot as you probably won't change the outcome of the war significantly.

What about clerics? Believe it or now we can determine the outcome of a war through support. I started the union wars on the draconis server which are still going and i still have yet to get more than 10 proofs total in the time i've been playing.

I'm not disagreeing with your idea, just stating a point that could easily be overlooked.

#64 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

I'm just curious who said to nerf artisan's ap... someone's crazy.

Anyway, complainers should just not go to UW if they have such a problem with it and wait until they update it. Or if you go and it's too imbalanced just leave.

@alisia lol how did you start the union wars..?

Edited by Kaizy, 23 August 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#65 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

What about clerics? Believe it or now we can determine the outcome of a war through support. I started the union wars on the draconis server which are still going and i still have yet to get more than 10 proofs total in the time i've been playing.

I'm not disagreeing with your idea, just stating a point that could easily be overlooked.

I see, well i stated that besides the proofs, players being moved to a certain spot could possibly be considered as actual fighters. Maybe to prevent abuse of people carting others, there could be a level requirement to even be considered a fighter even if your char reaches this designated spot which could be the side or middle crystal possibly? what you think about that :3

Edited by tENLAVUU, 23 August 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#66 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Just my dollar and a quarters worth.

:mwahaha:

Guess you're right though, people will likely find a way to still leach :mwahaha:

#67 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

I'm just curious who said to nerf artisan's ap... someone's crazy.

Anyway, complainers should just not go to UW if they have such a problem with it and wait until they update it. Or if you go and it's too imbalanced just leave.

only thing about arti imo is remove one of the nade's ability to stun leaving it only 2 stuns which include the 1 nade stun and the sleep. they should also not be able to use the nades while being muted, it's seriously already easy to stun lock someone with only 2 stuns, if you miss the nade, you can easily sleep and run away or wait till the cooldown of the other nade comes back. 2 stuns with the extremely long sleep is kinda over kill >.>

#68 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

only thing about arti imo is remove one of the nade's ability to stun leaving it only 2 stuns which include the 1 nade stun and the sleep. they should also not be able to use the nades while being muted, it's seriously already easy to stun lock someone with only 2 stuns, if you miss the nade, you can easily sleep and run away or wait till the cooldown of the other nade comes back. 2 stuns with the extremely long sleep is kinda over kill >.>

You forget that artisans have hideously low def and no aoe. It's all a tradeoff. They are not kings.

#69 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

Persistence... Kept shouting a countdown and to sign up for the war every five minutes in DoD and Junon (had ppl sign up just to kill me cuz i was annoying them) and created/lvled characters just to sign up in the different factions to make the wars start (i admit i used a bug to pull that off being as i only leveled 3 other characters other than my main). after a while people caught on that the wars were starting regularly and started joining. I remember the first one ^_^ only 5 ppl actually showed up. We just wandered around rofl

I see, well i stated that besides the proofs, players being moved to a certain spot could possibly be considered as actual fighters. Maybe to prevent abuse of people carting others, there could be a level requirement to even be considered a fighter even if your char reaches this designated spot which could be the side or middle crystal possibly? what you think about that :3

It seems reasonable. I just hope they figure out whatever caused the delay soon. I am kinda looking forward to the UW revamp :mwahaha:

#70 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

KaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizyKaizy

#71 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

Well, I think the stun nades should just be a little longer cd and the sleeps duration lowered slightly so they can't constantly stun lock. And they shouldn't be able to use nades/explosives when they're muted.

#72 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

You forget that artisans have hideously low def and no aoe. It's all a tradeoff. They are not kings.

I'm speaking from my own experience of playing the class myself.

Posted Image

old ss i pulled out, just look at that for example, this war was only myself, a clannie of mine and a few members on the JO side vs a stacked fg side. and look at the only things im using which was a few buff sets.oh and notice, that's with only 1 stun nade. ( i was too lazy to buy or craft other nades)

Edited by tENLAVUU, 23 August 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#73 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Persistence... Kept shouting a countdown and to sign up for the war every five minutes in DoD and Junon (had ppl sign up just to kill me cuz i was annoying them) and created/lvled characters just to sign up in the different factions to make the wars start (i admit i used a bug to pull that off being as i only leveled 3 other characters other than my main). after a while people caught on that the wars were starting regularly and started joining. I remember the first one ^_^ only 5 ppl actually showed up. We just wandered around rofl

I just find that weird because I don't remember you shouting for some of the first uws on draco. Maybe you had a different char or something. I am surprised that the uws happen regularly on draco though.

@seb wut u want !?!?! i dont have any more sex changes

#74 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

I just find that weird because I don't remember you shouting for some of the first uws on draco. Maybe you had a different char or something. I am surprised that the uws happen regularly on draco though.

HeavenlySin, 6pm-9pm server time (pst), before December 25, 2010. I created a thread about it that was flamed violently and then canehda created one afterwards. Both were lost when the servers went down. and no "some of the first." i may not have been here for then, but it was after they had died i got them restarted.

#75 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Ohhh, that makes sense. I quit Rose in like June/July 2010 and we had some UWs on Draco before that so I was just wondering if I had seen you. I remember them being pretty dumb though cause of lack of people/everyone being low lvl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users