Making Gfist Balance - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 4 votes

Making Gfist Balance

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

There only two ways out of this.

A> Don't change it ( For Pvm)

B> Making Gfist only useable on pvm maps as a killing skill, and during Woe, You can't use consume-able items or whatever the patch will do to gfist.

P.S am talking about Mvping also not just pvp/woe

Edited by Yanzan, 24 August 2011 - 05:11 AM.

#2 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

The patch gives Gfist 10 seconds on not using consumable. This will balance them abit as those :mwahaha: thanks to green ales, spam their op'ness freely and steal MVP's then laught > Teleports..

#3 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

since kvm was changed gfist dont need more changes.... but theres a third choice

C) GIVE US BACK OLD SAFETY WALL FORMULA

#4 Unglued

Unglued

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

after the "balance" patch, the suras will still be able to spam gfist if they bring a sorcerer that Soul Exhales after every Gfist right?

#5 Delta

Delta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

they just need to put a cool down for gfist instead of nerfing the no sp recovery.

#6 Aero

Aero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Just fix Safety wall problem solved.

#7 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Well enough lolololing, I Like the patch for a woe aspect, but it will effect mvp/pvm which in turn will end up losing more people then gaining. cause if sura can qq harder then Passion of the chirst remake, on just Zen alone image what it would be like if they lose those 10 seconds on gfist when mvping.

#8 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Not everyone has SW on their char. I think gfist should have a cool down tho. Its the only way to balance them out a little.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Not everyone has SW on their char. I think gfist should have a cool down tho. Its the only way to balance them out a little.

Nah Safety Wall needs a serious buff. What's the point of casting it if it's not "Safe" enough? =P If it can't block 1 attack, then it defeats its purpose.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 August 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#10 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

I do agree it does need to be the old way, but thats not the topic of this post.

#11 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Ya that will help with gfist, but when fact of the matter when it comes down to mvping losing 10 seconds is like sitting there and watching someone kill it. granted SW would be nice fix but that doesn't change the fact that other classes that are melee based are going to be effected by, etc, RK, RG, Gx etc etc. But hey aleast Ab, WL, and Sorcs can live stuff so I guess its all good for three classes bad for 4.

Overall the best way to tackle this is to honestly leave that kinda of change for woe/pvp and keep it the same for pvm. all they have to do is have to skill say this.

When used in pvp/woe cannot use sp items for 10 seconds.

When used in pvm have a cooldown that or leave it as is.

#12 Aero

Aero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Right now, Gfist has no counters. Aside from hiding skill, stacking GR, DR and reduction gears. Oh and there's also dispell and spell break (gfist is snail slow without sacrement or even with sacrement gfist is still slow compared to pre-renewal)

iRO just needs to fix SW back to it's pre-renewal state not this SP/HP crap that allows dmg overspill.

#13 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

How about make Gfist non castable when the sura CCs fist is alright I guess its supposed to 1 hit Kill in pvp/woe but CC+Fist is just so unbalanced and something needs to be done about it

#14 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

How about make Gfist non castable when the sura CCs fist is alright I guess its supposed to 1 hit Kill in pvp/woe but CC+Fist is just so unbalanced and something needs to be done about it

They should also nerf Shadow Chaser manly hole + landmine, Assassin poison+cloak+Agi Up?, RK Pertz/Crush strike, and all of the skill that can one shot you. Right? :mwahaha:

#15 Kaelanii

Kaelanii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

If I'm going to have to see a sura crying and getting pissy about gfist every time I go to hunt a popular MvP, I'M going to demand they change this crap for PvM, and I don't even play a damn sura.

Honestly, the amount of ridiculous complaints about how things are overpowered is starting to bug me. The reason why they're doing skill fixes like this is to balance the game out to make the classes just a bit more even in terms of skills. Instead of having a pyramid of which classes are OP to which classes suck ass, it'll bring suras down a few pegs to level the playing field. Howling is getting nerfed too, but I'm not going to get pissed off about it and petition them to change it.

One of the things I've prided myself with over the time I've played this game is to roll with the punches every maintenance and just deal with what they have to throw at us, whether it's insane lag DCing every 5 minutes like last winter (so help me God if that ever happens again I'm throwing a brick through Gravity's window) or when renewal came and the high priest I had prided myself with getting to a 2.6k heal suddenly had 1.4k and ridiculous fixed cast time and I totally scrapped the character.

People wouldn't ragequit this game if they would just accept it and be grateful for it and stop complaining about something new every maintenance.

However, this in particular does kind of bug me. All it's going to do is spark more people PvP trolling on suras with fist and bwing because they can't heal their SP afterward, and I'll have to put up with people whining about me stealing their MVP because then they'll complain about how ACID BOMB is OP because it's a good MVP skill, while forgetting how badly it got raped with renewal. No thanks.

#16 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

If I'm going to have to see a sura crying and getting pissy about gfist every time I go to hunt a popular MvP, I'M going to demand they change this crap for PvM, and I don't even play a damn sura.

Honestly, the amount of ridiculous complaints about how things are overpowered is starting to bug me. The reason why they're doing skill fixes like this is to balance the game out to make the classes just a bit more even in terms of skills. Instead of having a pyramid of which classes are OP to which classes suck ass, it'll bring suras down a few pegs to level the playing field. Howling is getting nerfed too, but I'm not going to get pissed off about it and petition them to change it.

One of the things I've prided myself with over the time I've played this game is to roll with the punches every maintenance and just deal with what they have to throw at us, whether it's insane lag DCing every 5 minutes like last winter (so help me God if that ever happens again I'm throwing a brick through Gravity's window) or when renewal came and the high priest I had prided myself with getting to a 2.6k heal suddenly had 1.4k and ridiculous fixed cast time and I totally scrapped the character.

People wouldn't ragequit this game if they would just accept it and be grateful for it and stop complaining about something new every maintenance.

However, this in particular does kind of bug me. All it's going to do is spark more people PvP trolling on suras with fist and bwing because they can't heal their SP afterward, and I'll have to put up with people whining about me stealing their MVP because then they'll complain about how ACID BOMB is OP because it's a good MVP skill, while forgetting how badly it got raped with renewal. No thanks.

+20 this

#17 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

If i had a dollar for everytime I have seen one of these threads....

#18 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

If i had a dollar for everytime I have seen one of these threads....

You would have about 20 to almost 100 dollars just mins your post by 2x and raise it to the second power. Yep 20 whole dollars now image if you had a Penny for every time you seen these types of threads.

#19 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

yea nerf fist,
if you nerf fist the whole game will be balanced, no more OP.
Mvp scene will be fixed because acid bomb sucks and so does dragon breath and clashing and every other skill anyway!
No more suras fisting me in woe/pvp because i suck at hiding and playing my class.
best of all: no more getting oneshot in woe!!

why buff other classes?
just
nerf nerf

narf

#20 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

I have accepted the fact that a sura can outclass anyone on mvp's so when i see them camping the same as I, I just move away and let them tank it. The only thing that pisses me off is when i'm in a struggle tanking and attacking and a random sura comes in and Gfist takes everything and teleport.

A non-Goh sura will have 10 second to do :mwahaha: again so I like the direction this game is going in terms of nerfing balancing this class a little and tactically Gfist in woe instead of aimlessly spamming Gfist at everyone that is not an RG :mwahaha:

#21 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

there is absolutely no problem with gfist. it does decent damage, but there a lot of counters in that regard. blame gms for doing safe upgrades from +4 and puttin kvm badges in so that the majority of suras have +9 kvm maces/fist. also blame them in that the way they feel they should fix it is by giving the +9 kvm fist a secrement like effect, making it extremely easy to switch midcast to mace.

the only thing a sura really has that is ridic good is CC

Edited by Andini, 23 August 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#22 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Dear Gravity
Please nerf scissors, they are one-shotting me and it's out of control.
Good job balancing Rock by the way, I like what you did.
Keep up the good work.

Signed,
Paper

I'm not with you on this one Yanzan.
People tend to forget there is a high-cost upkeep with playing a Sura. (currently 180K to 200K zeny per fist)
Also don't forget the gear needed to perform and kill well is quite on the expensive side. (counts for both PVM as WOE)
I'm also quite sure they plan to implement the "cooldown" on all maps, making playing a Sura aside from expensive also not worth it anymore for PVM.

I play iRO for the class diversity, it keeps the game interesting. If I wanted homogenised classes, I'd have stayed in another MMO. There are enough ways to counter a Sura.

By the way, I don't see how you're even so much affected by Gfist, you just hide and Sirens them in WOE, right? :mwahaha:
You have a sura Gfist with Gloomy card armor on a certain high-end MVP, right? :mwahaha:
I guess that by the time this patch comes in, you guys will be rich enough not to care anymore. But that doesn't mean everyone will be.
And having to level a new character just because they broke the one I invested in (both time and money) is not something I'm so sure I'm willing to do at this point. Not sure about the others.

PS: I bet that once this nerf goes in, people will start saying 'nerf GOH', 'nerf KA', 'nerf combo GFist' and 'nerf TC'. A week later threads will pop up 'NERF MENTAL STRENGTH!!!!'. People will always find something to complain about <insert any class here>.

#23 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

Guess no more solo nidd/sealed shrine runs for them anymore.

#24 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

Nah Safety Wall needs a serious buff. What's the point of casting it if it's not "Safe" enough? =P If it can't block 1 attack, then it defeats its purpose.

Totally agree, i haven't used safety wall since before renewal. I still have it in my skills, but tempted to get rid of it for other skills.

#25 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:59 AM

If Gfist was nerfed (damage wise) rk's wouldn't really die to anything, bar deathbound.

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users