Question about Mobsters Mask - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about Mobsters Mask

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Now first thing is that I want to thank whoever it was who added this item to the irowiki data base so that we could see what it does.

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18621/

The odd thing I realized though when looking at it is that it appears to be a Character Bound Headgear that has WEIGHT!

I mean most things that are character bound (meaning can't even be put in storage) have 0 Weight so as not to interfere with Rebirthing or stat/skill resets and such.

Can someone just confirm that it's Char bound and not Acct bound for me?

Got to LOVE the fact that it's a lower head gear as well. Imho they usually totally ignore mid and lower 99% of the time.

#2 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

I did ask about this but so far have not been able to confirm if it does actually have weight in-game, seeing as the description is already wrong.

#3 nosurrender

nosurrender

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

Gravity: "Hi all new players! Have a fun and easier time getting to level 70, and hope this new quest item will help you get to 99 fast. But oh wait, you're not allowed to transcend! XD"

#4 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

Gravity: "Hi all new players! Have a fun and easier time getting to level 70, and hope this new quest item will help you get to 99 fast. But oh wait, you're not allowed to transcend! XD"

lol

I am kind of iffy about the whole 2x as fast getting to lvl 70. I mean my new guy at the bottom of my sig (~Solmyr~) is my brand spanking new Alchemist. I literally made him only like back on Saturday night and I already have him at lvl 83 so I really see no point in it.

For anyone who does VIP Overlook Water dungeon it's going to be even harder to finish this before you hit 76 and can't get back in now.

lol I hit 76 with 120 Mermen and Strouf "Aged" left to hunt and managed to stay there till I was done them all, Then used a Battle manual i got from training grounds to go back and turn in all the quests at the same time, except for lvl 2 which I turned in early.

Also the easy lane to lvl 70 makes those last few trans job lvls even worse as well as 100+ lvling seem SUPER SUPER slow and grindy. Just setting ppl up for more disapointment.

#5 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

For Overlook Water Dungeon:
You can always come back after trans and either finnish the quests or leave them out as non trans and do them transed.
That's what I plan to do. I'll use this time to get all my still novices to lv 70 very fast and will come back to overlook after trans sometime in the future :blaugh:

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

The new less job/exp event is weird. It's basically the same as 2x exp event, but restricted to those levels which you normally get in two days or so anyways o-o

#7 HugPorings

HugPorings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSantee CA

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

i can not get the mask because i can not do the quest it gave me the wrong monsters to kill

#8 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Ok now that the quest works (if your just starting it now that is) I was able to get my own and answer my question.

The DB info is right, it DOES weigh 10 and IS character bound.

#9 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:41 AM

you have to consider that new players dont really play more than 2~3 hours @ a time, have no equip, dont know where to go... dont know the most efficient lvling ways, and even if they do, they kill slow most of the time.... it takes a while to get to lvl 70 for a NEW Player

#10 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

you have to consider that new players dont really play more than 2~3 hours @ a time, have no equip, dont know where to go... dont know the most efficient lvling ways, and even if they do, they kill slow most of the time.... it takes a while to get to lvl 70 for a NEW Player

Now imagine how they will feel when they notice the wall effect after reaching 70,... doubled by this event...

#11 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

The only part where it would make sense would be trans job 40-70. But then again, wouldnt want that as an event but permanent.

Edited by Charon, 25 August 2011 - 07:19 AM.

#12 Hyrohope

Hyrohope

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Major glitch with the logistic of the new crime quest. People who completed this quest can no longer reset or rebirth their characters. I couldn't complete the quest on any of my characters except my 99 who was going to rebirth, and now everything hits a wall.

#13 Unglued

Unglued

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

Warning: Do it at your own risk:

If it is really urgent to reborn, you could take a few screenshots (to prove that you have the mask, and completed the quest) and sell the mask to an NPC. This way your weight will be able to go back to 0. Then after you transcend, send a ticket explaining that you didn't want to wait until they fixed it, and ask for a replacement...

Edited by Unglued, 25 August 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#14 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

The GMs would also be able to see that you sold it to a NPC in your item logs. Just remember what the time and date were when you sold it.

#15 Maknificent

Maknificent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

So I hope y'all plan on making the item 0 weight so I can use a neuralizer and reset stones to reset my build? Brilliant idea to make a character bound item 10 weight

#16 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

suggestion:

make the mobster's disguise account boud and not character bound. this way, you gms won't have to fix all the characters that want to trans but can't cause of this headgear that weighs 10 and you gms won't have to fix all the characters that got bugged with the quest due to bad programming. those people would just do it on another char. chars that want to trans can kafra storage their disguise and trans and take it back out. it's the fastest easiest fix, i would assume, to this mess up. i know there's the ability to make things from char bound to acct bound so it should be doable.

i'm hoping gms see this and do this. it'd save them and us a lot of time.

#17 nosurrender

nosurrender

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:51 AM

Yes, I agree with above. There was no reason to make the item character bound anyway. The quest reward is substantial enough that people will end up doing the quest on each character anyway.

#18 jvuong

jvuong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

So gangster mask is character bound and has 10 weight. So when you're trying to trans. You can't. :blaugh:

For those that don't know what character bound means.. it means you can't remove it, put it in cart, etc.

Please fix. I got VIP subscription just for the trans and like... its just wasting away.....

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Post here if you have further problems: http://forums.warppo...maint-problems/

#20 Inubashiri

Inubashiri