Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#1 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

Discuss the upcoming change to the Fire and Water sets here. Leave the New Origin thread for the sole purpose of expected new content.

#2 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

will there also be more char slots to enjoy the game more? like 2 or 4 extra? :blaugh:

This would be nice.

First, you nerf vegas boots. Nobody knows why.
Then the rule on IM selling.
And now these "bug fixes."

What's the point, anymore?

#3 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

give us a devil/angel piece in exchange of our guardian pieces. I think that should work for the nerfing... Im just saying

#4 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

give us a devil/angel piece in exchange of our guardian pieces. I think that should work for the nerfing... Im just saying

Those sets are soulbound.

#5 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

Those sets are soulbound.

I get you, but what do you want? be happy with a useless piece of an old guardian? or having a chance to change it... they should even sell un soul bound for IM pieces... THAT MIGHT WORK A LOT! ... again Im just saying

#6 Animakojo

Animakojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

yeah angel or devil pieces plz also wiht the new skills everyone should get some free skill resets. this will destroy some ppls builds

#7 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

Also wtf are you thinking compensating us with 1 W COIN and a friggin stack of souls, that's worthless compared to the investments that were made, not just acquiring the pieces but the bonuses as well on the pieces. Shouldn't the compensation me WAY more substantial then that?

As crappy as this feels, I feel sorry for the legit players who put more work into their guardians than me. I remember Yartrebo blowing a lot of insurance, souls and randomizers getting all of his guardians to legendary not to long ago.

#8 Lawrrry

Lawrrry

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

So this is super dumb.

The admins know the prices of the guardian pieces.

Why are they giving us such terrible compensation.

Everyone who played this game basically had the same goal which included getting guardian pieces. Those were a major part of the game.

1 w-coin and one soulbox is not enough.

I understand that you are trying to balance the game.

But you should be giving more compensation for the time spent on getting those items for the older players.

#9 megamanxpert

megamanxpert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationDelta Forbidden Training Grounds

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

i still vote for making IM stuff tradeable. its freakin' nuts for us poor rl ppl T.T

and yes, i was still advocating for this when i was selling IM...who else wants to take this up (again)?

edit: 50 soul boxes + 20 w-coins per piece would be more right. just saying

Edited by megamanxpert, 24 August 2011 - 11:12 PM.

#10 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

yeah, I see many people, such as bigpig, yart, brad, and lots of friends investing a LOT in it, just dont leave us with that... Im trying to sell my set but we all know it wil be super hard... I just want to know if we can get a solution for this

#11 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Im sorry how exactly do I word getting 30k worth of stuff taken from me without any valid reason nicely?
Again not even the first time

#12 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

at the very least a guardian piece is worth 5 w coins each and thats just comparing to the special grade IM sets we have now like the angel set etc they are the closest thing anyone can get to what guardian is now and they take at least 5 big wheel items to get 1 part of it given the large number of soul boxes being given out over recent events 1 soul box and 1 w coin is a slap in the face.

personally I am very annoyed back on THQ I couldnt even get the guardian sets because they were a gift from buying a real life card to get IM (I do not live in the US so could not get the cards) I was able to buy the medal off someone for gold to get the stats..when warpportal opened those stats were gone and I had to farm a ton of gold to get guardian parts.

a better fix would have been to make the special grade IM sets a little better so that they could compete with the guardian (they actually do come close it's the soulcraft stats where they fall short)

Also when we never got kimarts there was an event give away here on warpportal (I won a pair yay) why not do the same with guardian so that everyone has a chance to get it that way there will be no balance issue because they can get the set?

Edited by EnderW, 24 August 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#13 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

Im sorry how exactly do I word getting 30k worth of stuff taken from me without any valid reason nicely?
Again not even the first time

Manners are a particularly useful set of skills usually imparted on young children by social situations. Everyone else has been civil and I expect you to be, too.

#14 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

Also when we never got kimarts there was an event give away here on warpportal (I won a pair yay) why not do the same with guardian so that everyone has a chance to get it that way there will be no balance issue because they can get the set?

We had a perfectly good topic about this and -a lot- of decent suggestions were given. IIRC nearly everyone agreed nerfing the guardians like this would be a terrible idea.

#15 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

Manners are a particularly useful set of skills usually imparted on young children by social situations. Everyone else has been civil and I expect you to be, too.

Excuse me? I don't think I've been all that civil about it :blaugh:

#16 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Excuse me? I don't think I've been all that civil about it :blaugh:

There is a difference between "I don't like this and here's why" and "I don't like this and here's why and here's why I hate you as a person." Insults have no place here and you've done just fine being civil.

#17 Lawrrry

Lawrrry

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

I think thats fairly civil for the major stunt this game just pulled.

Let me ruin your BMW and give you a skateboard.

#18 Fredtehsalvi

Fredtehsalvi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationPort Of Winds

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

Nicely put Lawry, I'm very upset about this change and what's even more outraging is the so called "compensation" they are giving us. I may not be the richest guy out there, but I know I worked hard and spent a lot of time to get my FG pieces. To hear that is all getting taken away for no apparent reason is upsetting, I didn't see anyone complaining about the stats in the first place, in fact from what I can tell everyone made it their goal to own one of these sets.

Edited by Fredtehsalvi, 24 August 2011 - 11:23 PM.

#19 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Minus the wheels, that's extra.

#20 megamanxpert

megamanxpert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

more like ferrari or rolls royce for a turtle-drawn carriage

#21 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

There is a difference between "I don't like this and here's why" and "I don't like this and here's why and here's why I hate you as a person." Insults have no place here and you've done just fine being civil.

Oh ok.

Well I think I've pretty much summed up in my few posts the issue I have with it all so this will probably be my last on the subject (i'm not foolish enough to think that anything anyone says on the subject here will actually get a say since they just take the patch IAH gets and put it on, why we had a feedback thread I dont know)

I'm not really liking the change to aim either I think it makes evade useless in PvP now and while the evade/aim gap was a problem I think doubling aim on rings/earring/necklace is going to bring just as much unbalance to it since for thief classes an evade/agi build is really one of our only options (and one that I was working on which is part of why I really feel screwed by it) so while ninjas will still do great because of their skill set savages like me (who have never really had 1 main thing to build on like other classes do) just get screwed over

#22 megamanxpert

megamanxpert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

Oh ok.

Well I think I've pretty much summed up in my few posts the issue I have with it all so this will probably be my last on the subject (i'm not foolish enough to think that anything anyone says on the subject here will actually get a say since they just take the patch IAH gets and put it on, why we had a feedback thread I dont know)

I'm not really liking the change to aim either I think it makes evade useless in PvP now and while the evade/aim gap was a problem I think doubling aim on rings/earring/necklace is going to bring just as much unbalance to it since for thief classes an evade/agi build is really one of our only options (and one that I was working on which is part of why I really feel screwed by it) so while ninjas will still do great because of their skill set savages like me (who have never really had 1 main thing to build on like other classes do) just get screwed over

you forgot to say "woot!"

#23 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

im offering 250g per piece, just sayin

#24 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

I've already lost 90% of my old DS friends in the last couple of weeks to other games. Wonder how many will be left after this week is out?

Edited by Miname, 24 August 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#25 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

I know this is a discussion about fg and wg sets but 2x on aim accessories? You might as well get rid of evade as a stat. Since we don't have fg/wg bonus which provide a great boost in evade anyone who actually spent time and money working on getting evade equips are pretty much screwed. Guess you're welcoming more beginners with all these so called balances but you sure as heck lost a lot of people that spent a lot of time, money, and lost the support that the community has given to the server. I mean seriously a bug that has been on this server for over a year now and it took you this long to fix? I mean people have been complaining about this for the past year already, it has come to a point where the community just doesn't bother. The server pretty much milked these sets to the bone with our upgrades and now you're just suddenly taking it away from us? Not just the bonuses itself but this cash set is also a lvl 20 cash set item and you want to compensate with a stack of souls worth 150g in market at most and 1 w coin for each piece. I trade in 7 lvl 20 cash pieces and at most I can get 1 measly lvl 1 cash piece that's worth wearing? I don't even think an angel "and" devil set together competes with the guardian sets. Especially since we all spent a large amount of gold stacking fg with wg. You probably have to trade me 3 of each angel and devil before I starting believing that they are of equal value. You want to balance the game? How about just taking away equips in general from pvp and heck even pve.

Edited by ohsnap, 24 August 2011 - 11:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users