Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion - Page 10 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#226 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:that other one :D

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

this is what i want to know, and as far as i can tell there hasn't been a definitive answer.
what exactly is being done to the guardian sets?
i'm hearing the built in stats are being removed, i'm hearing that the sets are reverting back to as they were with THQ, but i'm hearing that the soul craft stats aren't being affected...

so what exactly is being done?
if the sets are reverting back to as they were in THQ, then they will be lvl 1 (vs lvl 20) and the current soul crafted stats will be reduced to match the lvl and the built in stats will be removed.
can anyone confirm this?

#227 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Thanks. I just read 9 pages trying to find what invalidated my post. Turns out I wasted all my time. My post was in response to the NEW compensation, not the original, which was that much worse.

I don't want to gamble for my items. I ground out my gold to buy the exact items I wanted. Giving me nothing but W-Coins could result in nothing but [Regular] items if you are unlucky. A straight up trade-in of the guardian set for the same slot angel/devil item is extremely reasonable. I would love to see someone successfully argue that it isn't.

First off the customer is always right. Sometimes you have to take a loss on something to keep your customers.

Secondly, despite what they are "losing", they will actually MAKE money off of this. Whether from an annoyed user that keeps buying W-Coins because they keep losing on the slot machine - err Mixboard. Or all the insurance scrolls / soulcraft randomizers that will be purchased in an attempt to replace the soulcraft options people lost - assuming they actually _win_ the [Advanced] set they want.

Below is pretty much an example of your average ass hat poster on these forums, and I would hope that you don't take the mindless antagonizing too seriously, Goober. In response to your post, we have to consider what Bhree asked. If the sets remain lvl 20 with the current SC options available, I would say that the compensation seems above adequate. The guardian equips would still be viable (although slightly weaker) and possibly even almost preferable due to their tradeable status. If the equips get reduced to lvl 1, it would be nice to be able to exchange them; however, I've just recently noticed that some of the other special IM sets are better than the angel and devil sets, especially if you mix them. Being able to pick and exchange the guardians for IM equips of choice would likely be a better solution than just exchange for angel/devil; however, we should probably consider that if the sets get changed to lvl 1 and we get to keep the soulcraft options and enchant levels, we may be able to transfer them to our special sets of choice via the profession system. I personally feel that whether or not higher or different compensation would be appropriate or not depends largely on how things play out, and I would love to possibly see the exchange idea as an alternative option if players are able to chose not to accept the W coin trade deal, but we will just have to see what happens. Not sure if WP even knows what exactly Barunson is going to do at this point. Hopefully, you will stick around. #6
Spoiler

#228 g00ber

g00ber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

Below is pretty much an example of your averageass hat poster on these forums, and I would hope that you don't take the mindless antagonizing too seriously, Goober. In response to your post, we have to consider what Bhree asked. If the sets remain lvl 20 with the current SC options available, I would say that the compensation seems above adequate. The guardian equips would still be viable (although slightly weaker) and possibly even almost preferable due to their tradeable status. If the equips get reduced to lvl 1, it would be nice to be able to exchange them; however, I've just recently noticed that some of the other special IM sets are better than the angel and devil sets, especially if you mix them. Being able to pick and exchange the guardians for IM equips of choice would likely be a better solution than just exchange for angel/devil; however, we should probably consider that if the sets get changed to lvl 1 and we get to keep the soulcraft options and enchant levels, we may be able to transfer them to our special sets of choice via the profession system. I personally feel that whether or not higher or different compensation would be appropriate or not depends largely on how things play out, and I would love to possibly see the exchange idea as an alternative option if players are able to chose not to accept the W coin trade deal, but we will just have to see what happens. Not sure if WP even knows what exactly Barunson is going to do at this point. Hopefully, you will stick around. #6

Thank you for the well thought out reply. Appreciated.

I agree with virtually all of your points. One thing I had been assuming was that the guardian items would be level 1 and completely statless after the change. My request for a [Special] item exchange will make more sense in that context. I was assuming this since WP felt the need to offer compensation for the item changes.

But as you said there are a few different things that could happen I had not thought of. And my proposal wouldn't be appropriate for all of them. It would be nice to have a clear answer as to what stats (if any) the items will have after the change so we can give accurate feedback for compensation if it is needed.

Edited by g00ber, 27 August 2011 - 12:52 AM.

#229 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

Below is pretty much an example of your average ass hat poster on these forums, and I would hope that you don't take the mindless antagonizing too seriously, Goober. In response to your post, we have to consider what Bhree asked. If the sets remain lvl 20 with the current SC options available, I would say that the compensation seems above adequate. The guardian equips would still be viable (although slightly weaker) and possibly even almost preferable due to their tradeable status. If the equips get reduced to lvl 1, it would be nice to be able to exchange them; however, I've just recently noticed that some of the other special IM sets are better than the angel and devil sets, especially if you mix them. Being able to pick and exchange the guardians for IM equips of choice would likely be a better solution than just exchange for angel/devil; however, we should probably consider that if the sets get changed to lvl 1 and we get to keep the soulcraft options and enchant levels, we may be able to transfer them to our special sets of choice via the profession system. I personally feel that whether or not higher or different compensation would be appropriate or not depends largely on how things play out, and I would love to possibly see the exchange idea as an alternative option if players are able to chose not to accept the W coin trade deal, but we will just have to see what happens. Not sure if WP even knows what exactly Barunson is going to do at this point. Hopefully, you will stick around. #6

Spoiler

After checking, the Guardian sets are still level 20 and all soulcraft rates have been retained. The rate has not changed. The set bonus has changed and the stat bonuses for each piece have been removed.

#230 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

After checking, the Guardian sets are still level 20 and all soulcraft rates have been retained. The rate has not changed. The set bonus has changed and the stat bonuses for each piece have been removed.

will you be releasing the information about this (the set bonus) before the actual patch? or will it be a "see for yourself" type of change?

#231 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

We'll release everything together.

#232 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:43 AM

We'll release everything together.

ahh i see. ok then thank you

#233 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

For the record, it does not cost any actual money for WarpPortal to produce W-coins and the Guardian sets never belonged to them, so giving out W-coins is not taking a loss, but rather band-aiding a mistake.

That said, I agree with StormHaven tooth and nail.

#234 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

For the record, it does not cost any actual money for WarpPortal to produce W-coins and the Guardian sets never belonged to them, so giving out W-coins is not taking a loss, but rather band-aiding a mistake.

That said, I agree with StormHaven tooth and nail.

while it does not cost WP any money to produce W-coins, they do lose the potential money earned from people buying the coins with UGCs/Credit Cards/Paymo/etc .

#235 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

while it does not cost WP any money to produce W-coins, they do lose the potential money earned from people buying the coins with UGCs/Credit Cards/Paymo/etc .

It's more that they are offering a replacement rather than forcing them to get new ones as the popular argument stands. If indeed they did not offer any w-coins at all it would give the argument that they want money some sort of tiny credibility, but W-coins are more of a means to a replacement without a direct replacement.

You could say they could EARN more money that way, but they do not lose any money because the item already exists.

#236 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

It's more that they are offering a replacement rather than forcing them to get new ones as the popular argument stands. If indeed they did not offer any w-coins at all it would give the argument that they want money some sort of tiny credibility, but W-coins are more of a means to a replacement without a direct replacement.

You could say they could EARN more money that way, but they do not lose any money because the item already exists.

as my brain hurts from lack of sleep these past couples days and the fact i wish i could make a troll face. I concede to your points.

#237 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

Since this is the case... As Maronu said, level 20 Item Mall items are still going to be considered quite valuable as they can obtain higher soulcraft options (the wings, especially, will likely be sought-after for their higher Aim Rate/Critical Damage potential). So, if you combine that with the fact that players are also getting a generous compensation for each piece, I'd have to agree with Maronu that this is actually an "above adequate" compensation.

Or, simply put, this is good news for everyone with Guardian pieces.

#238 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

;D My constant desire to give you a bear hug already feels elevated and mushed with some indiscernible warm tingly feeling....but just to um...completely clarify,
When you say rates, do you mean current bonuses/potential bonuses? If my guardian has 5% evade and 6 agi as SC options on a piece and a +15 enchant level, will it keep that and will pieces that are not soulcrafted be able to still get those stats? <3

#239 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

I don't think that guardian pieces will be more powerful than the special item mall pieces even with the high soulcraft options, but being tradeable and level 20, it'll still be good to have as a competitive choice of equipment. Honestly, thinking about it, it's about just the right amount of balance needed to balance out the special IM and the guardian pieces. If anything, it'll drop just slightly short of the special pieces, if at all.

Also, if I read the post correctly, they did say that they would revert it to the previous set bonuses, which means that it'll be a 3% evade bonus for 3 piece set iirc.

Edited by Yurai, 27 August 2011 - 07:33 AM.

#240 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

I don't think that guardian pieces will be more powerful than the special item mall pieces even with the high soulcraft options, but being tradeable and level 20, it'll still be good to have as a competitive choice of equipment. Honestly, thinking about it, it's about just the right amount of balance needed to balance out the special IM and the guardian pieces. If anything, it'll drop just slightly short of the special pieces, if at all.

Also, if I read the post correctly, they did say that they would revert it to the previous set bonuses, which means that it'll be a 3% evade bonus for 3 piece set iirc.

Your one I know has good memory. What were the full bonuses for Guardian sets? And was it different for Water/Fire?

#241 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Server:that other one :D

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

can anyone confirm that the guardian pieces will be mix-able on the mixboard after the patch?

#242 kawanryu

kawanryu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

None of those are bugs. they stayed the same before and after RoP patch.
edit: Also if losing the new bugged guardian screwed you up then you obliviously were already screwed up in the first place.

I hadn't bought the guardian set with THQ*ICE promo cards, I just saved more than 25kg to buy it, saving for more than 3 months, this doesn't sound fair for me , I feel a huge disappointment of this game because of this, at least the staff could get my money back...

#243 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

can anyone confirm that the guardian pieces will be mix-able on the mixboard after the patch?

Why??? You must have not super-enchant/soulcrafted them.

#244 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Why??? You must have not super-enchant/soulcrafted them.

More like she "stocked up."

#245 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

I think it would be a good idea for WP to somehow look through their data and reward compensation for Guardian items based on ownership, say, an hour after the post announcing the changes. I think some surly people could take advantage of the compensation by buying massive amounts of Guardian items from people who deem them worthless now. That's not very fair at all.

#246 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

I think it would be a good idea for WP to somehow look through their data and reward compensation for Guardian items based on ownership, say, an hour after the post announcing the changes. I think some surly people could take advantage of the compensation by buying massive amounts of Guardian items from people who deem them worthless now. That's not very fair at all.

But if those that have them want to give them up, I don't think it's very fair to not reward those who want to buy the sets from them.

#247 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

But if those that have them want to give them up, I don't think it's very fair to not reward those who want to buy the sets from them.

I do enjoy rewarding people who seek to better themselves through greed.

#248 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Oh yeah, a few W-coins and soul stacks is so worth the cost of a Guardian piece, god why are people so greedy.

#249 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

Oh yeah, a few W-coins and soul stacks is so worth the cost of a Guardian piece, god why are people so greedy.

And there you go, you completely ruined your own point on your own. Satisfied?

#250 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

Since you didn't get the point, yes I am quite satisfied :sigh: thank you for asking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users