Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion - Page 4 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Guardian/Water Guardian Change Discussion

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#76 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

I don't think suing WP for a rebuff or for the money on ins spent for making the ultimate cash set will help.

#77 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

In my opinion, the best way to fix this is to have an event on the fourth week of customer appreciation month, in which players can exchange their guardian sets, that have options on them for a new IM set of their choice with at least the same soulcraft grade.

#78 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

In my opinion, the best way to fix this is to have an event on the fourth week of customer appreciation month, in which players can exchange their guardian sets, that have options on them for a new IM set of their choice with at least the same soulcraft grade.

I'd +1 you but you'll have to wait till I get home.

#79 SpringSky

SpringSky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

IMO WP is taking off the bonus stats from Guardian Set is not because of the "BUG" "after a year later" LOL but for players to spend more on IM to purchase IM sets !! My suggestion to you Hastur and WP is that leave the bonus stats on the Guardians as is and revise or create a better bonus stats on IM gears than the Guardians so players are opt to purchase better stat gears from IM. I understand somewhat business aspect of why's but you cannot just take away something we built.... its WRONG!!! 1 W coin and 1 soul box DOES NOT compensate for the amount of IM and gold I've spent on my Guardians. Balance the game not scam player !! Do the right thing because your integrity is on the line and make the right decision for a long term gain instead of short gains. BTW what about the "Ballons" and "THQ Weapons" and "Guardian Medals" so its all LIES LIES and more LIES and SCAMS !!!!! NO BUG after all so stop feeding LIES.

Edited by SpringSky, 25 August 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#80 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

The main thing I spent all my gold on in this game was guardian pieces. +15 and artifact or legendary of each piece plus expanded. I've spent well over 100k gold on guardian equips, and Gravity doesn't even decide to mention that there is a probability that they may nerf the equips back to original status? I bought a water guardian weapon and trip balloon for 60k gold too. Yay! I guess those will probably get nerfed next. What a rip off and time waste! All of a sudden, it's "a bug" when the equips have been altered since the server started and this is the first we hear of this. Bull :blaugh:. I haven't seen any staff reply warning that something like this may happen. I don't want a couple w coins and a soul stack for my equips. That's like a slap in the face. It's been fun, but I don't like how things are handled here. We don't get any warning and things are changed all the time that-_- players over. Time to quit I guess....

Your tune sure changed once what you wanted went into effect.

#81 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Your tune sure changed once what you wanted went into effect.

I'm sorry, Prince.

If I had realized that I wanted the equips completely reverted to their original state after all this time, instead of having them at least put on par with the other best equips for balancing reasons, I probably wouldn't have been so forceful or adamant about voicing my contradictory, stupid, and unreasonable opinions...

It's just that time of the month. >_<

#82 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

ok so we all done being butthurt now and through words around now?

#83 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

If it was a known bug it should have been informed to the community so that we could have saved all our materials instead of wasting them on soon to be useless items.

#84 loswca

loswca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

I've already lost 90% of my old DS friends in the last couple of weeks to other games. Wonder how many will be left after this week is out?

maybe 99 % this game is going down.... :P :(

#85 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

I'm sorry, Prince.

If I had realized that I wanted the equips completely reverted to their original state after all this time, instead of having them at least put on par with the other best equips for balancing reasons, I probably wouldn't have been so forceful or adamant about voicing my contradictory, stupid, and unreasonable opinions...

It's just that time of the month. >_<

You wanted a fix and got a fix. On the winning side, I'd be pretty grateful to have had my voice heard in the first place.

#86 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

I said it in another thread that I don't think nerfing is the answer, but I suppose in this case it was hard to avoid. The most reasonable choices were to nerf Guardian sets or upgrade Special IM Sets to match Guardian Sets; the latter being not that reasonable since they are soul-bound, the former not that much better since obviously it's made people unhappy (as I figured it would).

It's no solution to soul-bind Guardian sets unless they are also made have the same stats as Special IM sets, which is something I don't think people want anyway. Soul-binding Guardian sets as they are will simply create players who are permanently advantageous to others simply because they had a Guardian Set on the night of September 1st.

I agree there are other major issues to be worried about than Guardian Sets. People have cried about them for ages, there's even a thread about them in the Game Balances section, and something was finally done. I think anyone who believes the GMs weren't concerned about them are fooling themselves.

#87 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Today was to be a happy day for me because today and the day of my birthday.
But this news from the Guardian Exchange by simple W-coin and soul.

Leave me very sad that day that was to be happy.

I was born on 25/08/1987

Happy Birthday suporte64!

#88 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

http://forums.warppo...post__p__516522

Imma just put this here and hope it gets read.

#89 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

You wanted a fix and got a fix. On the winning side, I'd be pretty grateful to have had my voice heard in the first place.

Solution1 does not equal solution2, prince... Psuedo intelectual cynicism and sarcasm aside, I'm not really in the mood for being needlessly corrected or baited into lecturing a troll about the folly of power tripping, passiveness, hypocrisy and egotism. Jum's solution is awesome. Kids are upset. I doubt you want to start this. Let's try not to derail the thread.

#90 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Agree that Guardian Sets is one factor that make this game imbalance. And it is somehow needs to be fixed (prefer not to be nerfed like this, but this is one way to fix that imbalance).

I think most of people wont be this rage if they are given the what so called COMPENSATION. But seriously, 1 W-coin and 1 soul stack cant even be called a compensation for a Guardian Set. No words can describe how stupid this compensation are.

I think WP should reconsider the compensation for Guardian Set.

BTW, could someone tell me the details of the guardian sets stat at THQ? Really curious about this but couldnt find it.

#91 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

On another note as I double post. The developers are open to the concerns of game balance as those that have been posted the Game Balance subsection on the forums.

Part of the reason for the reverting of the Fire/Water Guardian sets came after over a month of discussions, observations, and testing with the sets. I had gone over this with some of the users last night.

Once we had heard that the stats were not as they were supposed to be, which was much later then when it had occurred. Prices were indeed set and limitations were made. We had spoken with the developer and they asked that the bonuses be removed. We took the time to determine the effect of the sets in-game.

First, we had spoken to many of the more prominent, older users in the game, about the set. They said that the set mainly affected the balance in the, below 60 range. They (names that I will not mention, unless they choose to decide to make themselves known), also mentioned that the Physical Damage Drop can also be obtained from the items as well as the item providing the best stat boost compared to other Item Mall sets in-game. The Physical Damage Drop is also another imbalance concern in the Game Balance thread.

Along with this concern was the use of the Guardian Sets by users in the lower level Battlesquare providing an unfair advantage for the newer users to compete. Users that are older and had the sets were "farming" those in the Battlesquare for gold and experience potions and not providing an entry point for newer users to experience what Battlesquare is supposed to be.

So again, let's use this thread to discuss the concerns of the server in the Game Balance thread as the developers are highly interested in them. The Aim/Evade(we'll keep it in the other thread for discussion) was a temporary change, but there will be other things that will take much more time that they would like to balance. From the WarpPortal standpoint, please feel free to discuss and bring up your concerns and we'll try to address them. We do like to hear from our users and are open to review some your thoughts.

#92 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

First, we had spoken to many of the more prominent, older users in the game

Didn't speak to me and I have been on the server since day 1 of THQ's release.

RE: Physical Damage Drop

now mages with old sets are pretty much the only ones with a good amount of it are you going to remove their sets? because guardian doesn't actually give much

heck the angel set on the mixboard right now gives 6% PPD sure it's not quite as much as the guardian but it's only 3% less PDD than the guardian set up i use

^ correction the devil set gives the PDD angel gives magic drop.

Edited by EnderW, 25 August 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#93 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Last i checked many is not all.

He spoke to me about it briefly one night in casual conversation. Been here just as long as you. I don't get the point you are trying to prove here.

#94 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

I am questioning his sample size for his questioning.

I think maybe he just mostly spoke to people that didn't want others using guardian.

how about you I see you're a warmage whats your PDD like?

#95 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

RE: Physical Damage Drop

now mages with old sets are pretty much the only ones with a good amount of it are you going to remove their sets? because guardian doesn't actually give much

heck the angel set on the mixboard right now gives 6% PPD sure it's not quite as much as the guardian but it's only 3% less PDD than the guardian set up i use

I would be perfectly fine with nerfing old mage sets, personally. But that's just me.

Also, the angel set only gives 5% PDD, I believe, from the wings (a possible 10% MDD with the set, as well). But that's less than half the 12% PDD possible using a mixture of Guardian pieces.

I think maybe he just mostly spoke to people that didn't want others using guardian.

All players who could get their hands on them wanted them, regardless of class, and why would they not want others using Guardian when it would mean they couldn't use it themselves?

Also, for the record, I was there for one of these discussions as well and there were players whose mains were archers, thieves and warriors who also said PDD needed to be nerfed.

"PDD needed to be nerfed." Not Guardian sets, specifically, but PDD, the stat itself -- that's what the discussion I attended talked about. Yes, of course, Guardian sets came up in that discussion, b/c they are one of the main sources of PDD/MDD and they are available to all classes.

I already noted in the Game Balances section that I felt nerfing the sets would force an unfair loss of investment on players. And I also made a suggestion that didn't concern nerfing the sets:

First off, what Maronu said is completely true. And if WP had nerfed the Guardian sets right from the get-go, that would have been perfectly fine. The problem stems from the fact that, because the Guardian sets' bonuses were allowed to remain in game for this long, there are many players who have poured thousands and thousands of gold into purchasing and/or upgrading these items. Nerfing them now would mean a significant loss on those investments.

Having said that -- I, personally, see nothing wrong with nerfing all IM items to level 1 items, as Endbringer and Yurai suggested, so long as the stats default to maximum to at least somewhat preserve players' investments in these sets.

But like Storm said, the real problem isn't the soulcrafted options, it's the bonus stats (the PDD/MDD and the extra health/agility, in particular). I'm not sure how you can nerf or remove those stats without it being unfair (considering the investments mentioned above), but I do believe that releasing a new, comparable set (or multiple sets) would be fair and help address the issue.

And yes, I noted that I was okay with nerfing them, myself, but made it very clear that was only my own personal opinion.

Edited by Rimmy, 25 August 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#96 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

I would be perfectly fine with nerfing old mage sets, personally. But that's just me.

Also, the angel set only gives 5% PDD, I believe, from the wings (a possible 10% MDD with the set, as well). But that's less than half the 12% PDD possible using a mixture of Guardian pieces.

Doesn't devil set give 10% PDD instead?

#97 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

Not counting my current guardian set, 0% PDD from gear. and level 8 mana shield.

#98 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

the wings give 1% of both and the set effect gives 5% on angel the 5% is magic drop and on devil it is PDD

Edited by EnderW, 25 August 2011 - 01:48 PM.

#99 ayame3

ayame3

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

I agree with ender if WP new about this bug for a long time already why werent we told since back then. Ive spent alot of money in this game and not just now. Back in THQ no randomizer so I had to soul reduce to get some of the stats I go on my FG and WG and soulcraft agian. so many ins and so many souls for just trade for some coins and a soul box. i hope you guys come up with something to replace all the gold,Ins and souls something equally valuable.

#100 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

I hope the people talking about money spent on ins understand that guardian will still be the only level 20 IM set. Meaning the one with the largest soulcraft boosts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users