v.v I have a complaint u.u - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

v.v I have a complaint u.u

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NicoRawr

NicoRawr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

Of course, nobody complains when things go well

I'd just like to say that I love this server. I've been on it for three days now xD I think I'm going to stay in Ymir >.>" xD A day in each server ~ ! Woo. Ymir is definitely my favourite so far! xD Fewer bots.

#2 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

+1 for Ymir!

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

GMs please police bots on Ygg/valk too. We are not less important than the players on Ymir we should be getting equally good service when paying VIP.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

+1 for Ymir!

+9001 for Ymir.

#5 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

GMs please police bots on Ygg/valk too. We are not less important than the players on Ymir we should be getting equally good service when paying VIP.

It's not that ygg/valk are less important compared to ymir. it's just that the programs used automatically replace the bot with another. You would need a gm patrolling every map at every hour. Unfortunately in-game service is either a second or third duty compared to other services like tech support, dev, etc. and most only show up in game on their down or off time as a gm or they play there own non gm account.

the bots spread like wildfire due to the free service of ygg/valk as well as the profit they can make compared to ymir. People may hate em but as long as someone buys the zeny they will keep on going. And even if no one ever bought the zeny they would continue because they can run them without any loss in profit.

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Actually, I've noticed people complain regardless.

#7 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Actually, I've noticed people complain regardless.

+1 There will ALWAYS be a top 5 player complaints. The goal is to fix what they are complaining about so the list is different fairly often. Bots / Lag are always in top 5 for any MMO. Our Bots are a bit more aggressive than in many MMOs and more needs to be done to thwart them.

#8 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

gms like it rough :P

#9 DarkSakul

DarkSakul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards, City of Baltimore

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

+1 for Ymir!

#10 bitbucket

bitbucket

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:06 AM

It's not that ygg/valk are less important compared to ymir. it's just that the programs used automatically replace the bot with another. You would need a gm patrolling every map at every hour. Unfortunately in-game service is either a second or third duty compared to other services like tech support, dev, etc. and most only show up in game on their down or off time as a gm or they play there own non gm account.

All the level 110-140 bots at magmarings, petities, and GH chivalry won't get replaced in an hour or two. And most of them have been there for weeks.

The bot hotspots on Valkyrie/Yggdrasil don't get patrolled until someone gets fed up enough to make a report, and even then it often doesn't accomplish much.

#11 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

You have to remember Ymir used to have the spam bots and other bots before the server changed to VIP. So most of us that where playing for a long time are aware what it's like. It was bad before the servers merged as well.
There still are some bots on the server, don't see them as often.

We will always have bots. But right now i am happy with how it was handled on Ymir so we don't see them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users