Aim Rate Doubled on Accessories Change - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Aim Rate Doubled on Accessories Change

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:30 AM

If you would like to provide feedback on the decision to double Aim Rate on accessories, please discuss it here. If you would like to discuss the Guardian set nerfs, please do so in the other discussion thread. This will make it easier to sort through the feedback.

Thanks!

#2 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

Good.

Now people can learn to play properly.

#3 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

well, i think is a nice idea, the mainly point of this is kill those eva stackers, right?

#4 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

well, i think is a nice idea, the mainly point of this is kill those eva stackers, right?

I'm with you. Too many people DEPEND on them. Be a real gamer and go without it. Stack like we did in THQ, the days when it was awesome to have 200 aim. Now you gotta have like 370 or some crap like that. It's ridiculous, especially when some people don't have money to be blowing on IM cards all the time on Insurance scrolls and crap.

#5 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

I agree that there is a problem with the gap between evade and aim however I think this will just reverse the problem as this now unfairly makes evade almost useless in PvP and so makes a lot of peoples hard work put into getting those evade stats a waste of time

From my understanding of Aramis' chat in game after the announcement this is a temp thing that they are going to try so it is my hope that a better fix is found

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

I agree that there is a problem with the gap between evade and aim however I think this will just reverse the problem as this now unfairly makes evade almost useless in PvP and so makes a lot of peoples hard work put into getting those evade stats a waste of time

From my understanding of Aramis' chat in game after the announcement this is a temp thing that they are going to try so it is my hope that a better fix is found

MY GOD. SHUT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING AT EVERYTHING THE GMS DO. Also peope who rely on Evade only in PvP are always terrible pvpers mostly likely 99% of the time terrible players.

Edited by StormHaven, 25 August 2011 - 02:41 AM.

#7 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

If Aim from accessories is doubled AND if Yurai's formula for Aim/Evade are applied, it'd be seriously nerfed. I like it! o3o

#8 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

MY GOD. SHUT UP AND STOP COMPLAINING AT EVERYTHING THE GMS DO. Also peope who rely on Evade only in PvP are always terrible pvpers mostly likely 99% of the time terrible players.

I'm sorry but the thread is for talking about the change so I am allowed to say what I think about it and did so in a respectful manner...so you shut up.

The truth is for a thief class we don't have many equipment build options when it comes to PvP and evade was one of the options this change does make evade pointless which is just as unbalancing.

Like I said Aramis said it was a temp thing they want to try and it is my hope that they will see that this change is just as unbalancing and find a new fix.

#9 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:29 AM

This isn't even a big deal. Most of the players don't even have high enough evade to make a difference. Besides stacking movement speed > evade :blaugh:

#10 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

Finally, something is being done about the disparity between aim and evade stackers. Matching the soul craft aim stats to match evade on accessories? Let's see how this goes with the new equips that'll be available to us in the update before we scream "IMBA!!!" *tips over*

While I'm here I'm gonna throw this out there, in 1v1: Twin Fighter > Dragoon Posted Image

Edited by necoconeco, 25 August 2011 - 05:46 AM.

#11 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

Personally i would have just lowered the evade %'s to be in line with aim %'s. This is still a wonderful change regardless and i hope it sticks for good. Its about time people rely on their skills rather than expecting to see a nice big "miss" 70% of all attacks from most anyone.

Edited by Endbringer, 25 August 2011 - 06:41 AM.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

Do belts and capes count in this? Because I just randomed 4% aim on my ryvius belt not too long ago.

#13 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

Do belts and capes count in this? Because I just randomed 4% aim on my ryvius belt not too long ago.

Shouldn't as they are armor not accessories.

#14 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

Muahahaha, I wonder if this is the end of 2-man EW.

#15 fyerolight

fyerolight

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

I think the belt is considered an Accessory.
Nevermind, they are armors apparently.

Edited by fyerolight, 25 August 2011 - 08:16 AM.

#16 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

I think the belt is considered an Accessory.

My armor expanders needed to expand my belt say otherwise.

#17 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:12 AM

Belts are armor now? Okay that makes total sense. Someone doesn't know how to accessorize or play without evasion.

#18 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

Yep forget evade it's so broken, let's just +20 our armor and mess with the broken damage formulas. IIRC the difference between atk and def is a gigantic steep as well. Sure people rely on evade to pvp but what about people that rely on their defense, then they are super skilled?. I mean how much damage can a +20 weapon do on someone with +20 armor? I suggest nerfing evade formulas not make it completely useless with this accessory buff.

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

Muahahaha, I wonder if this is the end of 2-man EW.

Yes and no. Soon people will just +16 to +20 their armor and try it that way. But it will not work as well unless someone gets a +20 Paris wings from elga legendary since it's even more defensive than muffler.

#20 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

I'll just say what I said in the announcement thread for now, as I'm on break at work and can't go into too much detail:

Obtainable Evade Rate on accessories has always been double the obtainable Aim Rate on accessories -- currently, max ER on accessories is 16% and max AR on accessories is 8%. This change simply makes it so the two are equal, 16% each.

I think this change is mostly to account for the fact that Evade Rate gets a naturally higher boost than Aim Rate from extra Agility, which leads to a higher base ER/AR. In truth, even with this change, ER is still favored over AR -- after all, you can obtain ER on armor pieces (chest, legs, boots, shoulders, helm, gloves), but you can't obtain AR on any of those (yet). Oh, and don't forget you can also get ER on your cash chest/legs/boots/shoulders/helm/gloves, too, while you can't get AR on any of those, either.

Also, keep in mind this change is expected to be only temporary. Players have offered other suggestions for dealing with the ER/AR issue, and hopefully we will be able to reach a compromise that works for everyone.

Edited by Rimmy, 25 August 2011 - 08:36 AM.

#21 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

backs and belts are armor and get aim on them rim.

I know everyone used to call them accessories too but they aren't.

#22 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

awesome.

#23 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

Evade rate can also be socketed on more equips than aim so I think the "auto dodge" crowd will still have an advantage. But hopefully the new equips will help bridge the gap between the two styles of gameplay.

Edited by necoconeco, 25 August 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#24 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

backs and belts are armor and get aim on them rim.

I know everyone used to call them accessories too but they aren't.

Well according to expanders, at any rate. But that's not the point -- what I said still holds true for the pieces I listed.

#25 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

Fair enough I don't think the evade on armors really adds up to much though it's 9% at the high end which is almost the same as aim on rings/earring/necklace now to say nothing of backs/weapons which can get more I think over all it's already close to being balanced and that the removal of stats from the guardian sets should be enough to bring it back into line without this double aim being needed (I use both the fire back and water gloves (+10 evade on each) and without any of my guardian gear on my evade drops by almost 100 points to a level were pretty much anyone with just a little aim could hit me (granted I don't have evade on all of my equips that can get evade)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users