• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alluccio

alluccio

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

I have spent the past twelve hours, staying up all flipping night trying to get this ridiculous game to download and patch update properly. I have all but popped every blood vessel in my brain. Someone, please, for the love of god, HELP ME GET THIS GAME WORKING.

I have downloaded and reinstalled the game four different times (making sure to completely eliminate all traces of the previous downloads before reinstalling) from different clients and during the patch update, the same error occurs each time:

"Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

I read this response in one forum and tried it, however, it changed nothing:

"Remove the following files from your \Gravity\Requiem Installation Directory:
PatchDownload.exe
Launcher2.exe
patchw32.dll

Then enter the \Gravity\Requiem\Patches Directory and remove all files within this directory (If any). Now back out to \Gravity\Requiem once again and run UPDATERUSA.exe. Once the program begins it should re-download all the previously deleted files and allow for you to update successfully."

I have also downloaded all the manual patches with no success.
I have also unblocked the game with my firewall.

Edit: My OS is Windows Vista, my firewall is Windows Firewall, and my antivirus is Security Essentials. As far as I know, neither my firewall or antivirus should be causing any sort of interferance.

PLEASE DO NOT REDIRECT ME TO A SOLUTION (or list of solutions) ELSEWHERE.
I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH A GENUINE SOLUTION TO THIS SPECIFIC ERROR. (If there even IS a solution.)

Edited by alluccio, 25 August 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Well, when you get that error, the only you can do is reinstall the game. To do that, you will need to uninstall, then delete the remaining files in the requiem folders and restart your pc, before you can install again. Usually, that error happens because the game cant overwrite a file when it patch, meaning that maybe some security option in your pc is blocking it.

It could help to know which windows, antivirus and firewall do you use. If you run windows 7 or vista, then remember to run as administrator, and also dont install the game inside of the Program Files folder (which is the most common cause). And check if your antivirus isnt blocking the game exe files.

Also, you can check for more guides in my signature (press the "show" button).

#3 alluccio

alluccio

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

Since your reply, I tried reinstalling the game several times, (I made sure to delete all traces and restart the computer before reinstalling) and I was sure to run as administrator each time, and did not install the game in the Program Files folder. The same error still occurs.

My OS is Windows Vista, my firewall is Windows Firewall, and my antivirus is Security Essentials. As far as I know, neither my firewall or antivirus should be causing any sort of interferance.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

Well, when you install the game, try to do a manual patch. How to do that, first go to the requiem folder and open the version.dat file with notepad and check the last 3 numbers in each line. Then, go download the manual patches from the next number in the version.dat to the latest patch (433 at this moment) and place them in the Patches folder (if that folder doesnt exists, then create it. Then, modify the UserPatchVersion line in the version.dat to match the highest patch you placed in the Patches folder (notice that any patch can be missing), then save the version.dat and exit (note: dont modify the UserGameVersion, since that could corrupt the game). Then execute the UpdaterUsa.exe to install the patches (you must be online for that).

If the game still have problems to patch, then check more carefully your antivirus exceptions (allow the requiem exe files), and other tools that may be blocking the game (over all the requiem.exe). Also, try to identify the patch that is causing you the problems. Also, try to sumbit a ticket to the support center https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx that way, if we cant help you here, you at least have an extra help that may solve your problem.

#5 alluccio

alluccio

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

Thank you for trying to help, Nadesh. I've wasted enough time trying to get this game working and have decided to not play. There's a small chance I might try again if the downloading/installing/patching process ever becomes less prone to disaster.

Edited by alluccio, 29 August 2011 - 01:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users