Servers - A Little Confused - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Servers - A Little Confused

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Narisko

Narisko

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

After returning to the game for all of a week in February (many thanks go to my fellow returners who abandoned me after less than a day of game play....) I've decided to give the game another shot - this time hoping to rely on the server community being alive and well. Now more to the point of this post, I recall Ymir being a 'subscription only' server earlier in the year but now after reading the new VIP system it appears that all servers are F2P and the VIP package can be added to any account? If this is the case, is Ymir still my best choice for a human populated server? Or has Ymir become another bot-infested server and somewhere else has a larger real player base?

#2 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

Ymir has one difference to the other servers, that results in being a really botfree server: You have to pay ViP to create a character. Once you create this character (Let's say, you paid ViP once and used all 9 Slots with Novices), you can use him for free even when ViP's running out.
Right now however, you can create one character on Ymir for free (has to be on slot 1 of page 1) for a short time, which would be a great oportunity to take a look at the server and see if you like it. You can level up this character as long as you want and if you think that Ymir is the best server for you, pay ViP once and make Novices on the other slots to play this server for free :blaugh:
Just remember, if you delete one of these characters, you can't create a new one on this slot without paying for ViP (except the first slot atm)

Ymir itself is, as mentioned, botfree and very lifely. It's like Valk without Bots I think ^^

#3 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

i haven't seen any bots yet o.O then again i havent walked into prontera

#4 DarkSakul

DarkSakul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards, City of Baltimore

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Ymir itself is, as mentioned, botfree and very lifely. It's like Valk without Bots I think ^^

As a Ymir player I take insult to that statement. I do not consider Ymir anything like Valk.
I Do agree its reasonably friendly, lively and (for the most part) bot free.

I suggest Ymir as your server of choice Narisko.

Well not really insult but my statement sounds better that way
+1 for Ymir!

The F2P system with extra benefits/ perks for paying members is the direction I think all MMOs are going if they want to remain successful and still in business.
RO is one of the first to take this new business model, especially in these tough economic times. Even if a fraction of Ymir's server is VIP, a populated server is a fun server

#5 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:28 AM

I never wanted to insult anyone. I haven't set a foot on Valk to be honest, so the comparison was for player-amount alone. Sorry if the statement was false x_x

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

I wish they would make Yggdrasil a paywall server and just offer 1 month free to create 3 characters events every few months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users