Gramps Turn Ins + rebirth - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Gramps Turn Ins + rebirth

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Deeper

Deeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

If I complete this week's turn in, then start and complete next week's turn in, then rebirth, will I be able to hand both those quests in after I'm a lvl 10/1 1st class character? If so, what level will I be? If not, is it because I'm not within the level range of the quest or something else? Thanks

#2 Kayoss

Kayoss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

You have to turn in one set of quests before he'll let you take another. You can hold on to them til after you rebirth, but the most you'll gain is 1 level and like 90% of the next. If you decide to save it, wait until you hit a level close to the turn in to use it.

#3 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

I'd quickly level to 70 (with the event). Do the Criminal Activities quest (http://irowiki.org/w...ctivities_Quest) and then turn the TI for some good EXP.

#4 Deeper

Deeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

Ah, so I can't level more than once. That's good to know. Thanks.

#5 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

When I'm doing something like this (I've got almost all the 91-99 quests finished on my pre-trans hunter, hee hee), I try to keep in mind how much exp I get from turning in versus what level I would need to be to make sure I don't lose too much to the quest exp cap (if maximizing the utility of my rewards is my goal).

That said, keep in mind the following when retaining quest rewards beyond transcension:

- Exp accepted is capped at [your current base or job level +1] plus [total exp it would take to level from 0% to 100% of your current level]...
- - For instance, if you were pre-trans base level 49 (requires 47,000 base exp for full level), the highest you could end up after a single chunk of exp is base 50 plus total exp over the entirety of base 49 = 47,000 base exp (about 47,000/49,000 = 95.9%, where the 49,000 is the total 0%-100% for base level 50). This is true regardless of what percentage of base 49 you started at, whether it was 1.2% or 99.9%. The base % you start at will determine the highest possible single chunk of exp you could receive without losing exp to the cap, however.
- - - Example #1: Starting at base level 49, what's the most base exp I can receive in a single base exp chunk?
Spoiler

- - - Example #2: Starting at base level 49 and 30.0%, what's the most base exp I can receive in a single base exp chunk?
Spoiler

- Base exp tables on the iRO Wiki HERE;
- Job exp tables on the iRO Wiki HERE.

- Many quests, like the turn ins, give exp in single, big chunks. Other quests, like the current event quest Criminal Activities or the past turn ins that were done starting simultaneously with boosted exp rate events, gives exp in multiple, separate chunks.

Anyway. All that stuff can also tell you when it's most efficient to turn in (e.g. job3 job level 1 is terrible since j1 job exp required is a little less than 1/3 of the job exp required for j2 - in other words, the most you could reach after a big chunk of job exp starting at j1 of job3 is j2 and 31.5% /swt ), what order to turn in quests that give different-sized chunks of exp (e.g. different turn ins, eden board quests, event quests, overlook dungeon quests, etc etc).

It also passively indicates that, upon hitting an exp cap and ending up usually around 90.X% to 96.X% or so, it can be beneficial to just go top off that level before turning in the next quest for another big chunk of exp (depending on how much the next chunk of exp is that you anticipate receiving).

Lots of math to actually figure this stuff out, but a lot of us are able to work the numbers just fine. Give a shout if you need help~

#6 Deeper

Deeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

Thanks! That was very informative!

#7 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

When I'm doing something like this (I've got almost all the 91-99 quests finished on my pre-trans hunter, hee hee), I try to keep in mind how much exp I get from turning in versus what level I would need to be to make sure I don't lose too much to the quest exp cap (if maximizing the utility of my rewards is my goal).

That said, keep in mind the following when retaining quest rewards beyond transcension:

- Exp accepted is capped at [your current base or job level +1] plus [total exp it would take to level from 0% to 100% of your current level]...
- - For instance, if you were pre-trans base level 49 (requires 47,000 base exp for full level), the highest you could end up after a single chunk of exp is base 50 plus total exp over the entirety of base 49 = 47,000 base exp (about 47,000/49,000 = 95.9%, where the 49,000 is the total 0%-100% for base level 50). This is true regardless of what percentage of base 49 you started at, whether it was 1.2% or 99.9%. The base % you start at will determine the highest possible single chunk of exp you could receive without losing exp to the cap, however.
- - - Example #1: Starting at base level 49, what's the most base exp I can receive in a single base exp chunk?

Spoiler

- - - Example #2: Starting at base level 49 and 30.0%, what's the most base exp I can receive in a single base exp chunk?
Spoiler

- Base exp tables on the iRO Wiki HERE;
- Job exp tables on the iRO Wiki HERE.

- Many quests, like the turn ins, give exp in single, big chunks. Other quests, like the current event quest Criminal Activities or the past turn ins that were done starting simultaneously with boosted exp rate events, gives exp in multiple, separate chunks.

Anyway. All that stuff can also tell you when it's most efficient to turn in (e.g. job3 job level 1 is terrible since j1 job exp required is a little less than 1/3 of the job exp required for j2 - in other words, the most you could reach after a big chunk of job exp starting at j1 of job3 is j2 and 31.5% /swt ), what order to turn in quests that give different-sized chunks of exp (e.g. different turn ins, eden board quests, event quests, overlook dungeon quests, etc etc).

It also passively indicates that, upon hitting an exp cap and ending up usually around 90.X% to 96.X% or so, it can be beneficial to just go top off that level before turning in the next quest for another big chunk of exp (depending on how much the next chunk of exp is that you anticipate receiving).

Lots of math to actually figure this stuff out, but a lot of us are able to work the numbers just fine. Give a shout if you need help~

Woah. What I did was did the turn in after i got high swordsman at lvl3 . got one or 2 levels with 2M+ exp. So no point :/
It was a waste :D
The max we can get is 2 levels right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users