103 replies to this topic

#1 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:30 AM

Thank you Rimmy and Staff member Vandeve for posting the previous thread. I wanted to clean it up a bit and it was at 22 pages. The New Origins patch is fairly large patch. Many things have changed in-game. If you were playing prior to 09/02, then you will likely notice a large difference once you are able to get in game. Since you are having issues getting into the game, there are several key things to look for that we'll go over below.

Key Issues:
Issue: I was previously playing the game before 09/02. I was patching and reached 99%, but it failed to patch. When I tried to patch again, it didn't recognize the patch and let me login. After I selected the channel, my client crashed.

Fix: Since you could not complete the patching, you are missing files. Once the game tries to find those files or tries to activate it, it crashes the game. To solve this, go to C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga and find the file called "patch.id". Delete "patch.id" and then run(double click) "Patcher.exe". This will tell the client to re-download your patches. It may take some time for it to set up the Client list. This should also fix any corrupted files as it will run through and try to get all the appropriate files.

Issue: I tried to start my client, but I received a Runtime error.

Fix: Runtime errors occur for several reasons. The most predominant one is the fact that something may be memory intensive. This causes the client to crash and provide a run time error. There are several things you can do.
A. You can reduce the number of excess programs running. Turn off browsers, other games, videos, and anything else that is not important to run. Try running the client after these have been turned down.

B. Try the methods provided here: Runtime Error Help

Issue: I have started the patcher, but the progress bar/rate has not been moving.

Fix: Several things may be hindering this.
A.Since there are typically new files involved with most games for updates, the PC may not be recognizing the files. You can...
  • Try checking the firewall, anti-virus, malware, and spyware programs to ensure that they do not see anything Dragon Saga related as a threat.
  • If you must, disable them temporarily to see if there is any progress.
B. Your connection may not be stable. You can...
Run a tracert report to see if there are any lines with a (*) in them. This represents some form of misconnection or instability. To do so, follow the steps below:
  • Close all programs (very important for the accuracy of your results)
  • Open up a command prompt window (start/programs/accessories/command prompt)
  • Type: "tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com" (without the quotes)
  • Hit the enter key and let the trace run until it displays triple * symbols multiple times in a row. Then, press control-C.
  • Right-click in the window, and choose mark. Then, highlight the entire window contents with the mouse. Press control-C, open an instance of notepad, and paste it there. At the top of this file, please write the current date and time, including the time zone in which you reside.

C. Making sure that your ports have been set to be open for proper connection and download. The ports can be found here: Client/Connection Issues

Issue: My client continually crashes, I get bugged out at the character select screen, or I tried re-patching, but it is not working.

Fix: It is possible that your installation is corrupted. If this is the case, you should do a clean re-installation. In order to do a clean installation, please follow the steps below:
Uninstall Dragon Saga by pressing the Start or Window icon in the bottom left of your screen. Go to Programs>Dragon Saga>Uninstall. Do not delete the client as that leaves potential registry files that can cause the client to remain corrupted after installing a new client.
Delete or remove all files that are Dragon Saga related. These files could be the reason why the client is corrupt.
Download a new installer either on the Dragon Saga Website or the Alternative Installer Download. A new installer should be added early next week with the New Origins on it.
You may also download the alternative client that is closest to New Origins, however, please follow the steps carefully in the thread here: Alternative Client v.0.1.46

If any other issues may be occurring, please check the pinned topics in the Technical Support Section before posting.

Good Luck!

#2 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationIn your closet, stalking you!
  • Server:GUESS.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

The fix for the first issue doesn't work for many people, as well as me. It always seems to fail at one specific file named "questtexthelper.xml" or something of the sort. I tried to repair it through the installation and I'm currently patching it again.

#3 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:47 AM

I've added several other things at the bottom. Let me know if you have tried those.

#4 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:51 AM

I've added several other things at the bottom. Let me know if you have tried those.

I still haven't tried those, but if the patching fails again, I'll try that alternative. But what exactly did you mean by deleting all Dragon Saga related files? Aren't they all removed by uninstalling? Or do you mean screenshots and/or things in the C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga file?

#5 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

I still haven't tried those, but if the patching fails again, I'll try that alternative. But what exactly did you mean by deleting all Dragon Saga related files? Aren't they all removed by uninstalling? Or do you mean screenshots and/or things in the C:\Program Files\Gravity\Dragon Saga file?

The screenshots are in a separate folder typically so you will not need to worry about those. Sometimes uninstalling does not clear all the files. You will always want to go to where the folder previously was and make sure all the files are gone. You would also want to delete the folder if it remained afterwards since there is always potential for hidden files to remain.

#6 Shuzelin

Shuzelin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:56 AM

I did :(still same problem. My another comp stuck at 20% have been 5hrs from version 0.0 I tried those. Maybe DAY AFTER TOMORROW i can play

#7 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:57 AM

I did :(still same problem. My another comp stuck at 20% have been 5hrs from version 0.0 I tried those. Maybe DAY AFTER TOMORROW i can play

What kind of connection are you on? From where are you playing? That also may affect your patching.

#8 nanoula

nanoula

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:yvrern

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:02 AM

The screenshots are in a separate folder typically so you will not need to worry about those. Sometimes uninstalling does not clear all the files. You will always want to go to where the folder previously was and make sure all the files are gone. You would also want to delete the folder if it remained afterwards since there is always potential for hidden files to remain.

i unistall game now im pathcing from 0.1.29 version

#9 Reviren

Reviren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:04 AM

i unistall game now im pathcing from 0.1.29 version

I'm also patching from the same version after having repaired it through the installer... Currently at 65%

#10 Shuzelin

Shuzelin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

After removing the patcher.id from the folder it patched fine to 100% said patch complete. Now when i run the game it doesnt go past "start" just closes
Keep get that problem. But another comp still stuck at 20%

#11 nanoula

nanoula

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

After removing the patcher.id from the folder it patched fine to 100% said patch complete. Now when i run the game it doesnt go past "start" just closes

idk idk idk

#12 Shuzelin

Shuzelin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:10 AM

idk idk idk

Well im still faster. My version 0.1.61 at 31% right now Yay hope its work, I will upload my Client and share for u all. If i still got that problem. I will stalk Nolandvoid and kidnap him:)

Edited by Shuzelin, 03 September 2011 - 04:12 AM.

#13 nanoula

nanoula

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

Well im still faster. My version 0.1.61 at 31% right now Yay hope its work, I will upload my Client and share for u all. If i still got that problem. I will stalk Nolandvoid and kidnap him:)

lol

#14 xRedDevilx

xRedDevilx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

lol

I can't kill you more ( BSQ ) :thumb:

#15 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

If the Start button doesn't work, that is a different issue. Try going and checking out the Client/Connection Issues link in the Opening Post. You will need to make sure your PC or other programs think that Dragon Saga is harmful. This happens when there are new client changes.

#16 Shuzelin

Shuzelin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

Alot of people got same problem with me :thumb:. Im just only waiting for another comp but it will take for awhile. I can't do anything esle just waiting...ing.ing :( and leave that comp
0oO¯\ (¬_¬)/¯Oo0

Edited by Shuzelin, 03 September 2011 - 04:46 AM.

#17 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:02 AM

This is a WinRAR collection of my Dragon Saga Folder that was working (included many text bugs but at bare minimum I could enter the game and kill field monsters)

If you really want to get in game and can't wait for Gravity to release a new installer, then use this.

It's 12 Pieces of 200mb + 1piece of 62mb. (still uploading)
It functions the same as Alternate Clientv1.046 but it's updated to New Origins.

http://www.mediafire.../?nb6q3b9ehyg3a

If it doesn't work, I'm sorry. It should work but I don't know the specifics of Dragon Saga client related issues.
This isn't provided by Gravity so download and use at your own risk.
If it messes you up further, I'm sorry. It shouldn't but it could

PS I just noticed it has a wierd "DS Patcher 1.1.2.33b" so it might bug the next time they "patch" but at the very least you'll be able to play until they provide a new installer.

PPS make sure to read before resorting to this http://forums.warppo...ailed-to-patch/ before going to this.

Edited by Himeyasha, 03 September 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#18 Shuzelin

Shuzelin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:05 AM

This is a WinRAR collection of my Dragon Saga Folder that was working (included many text bugs but at bare minimum I could enter the game and kill field monsters)

If you really want to get in game and can't wait for Gravity to release a new installer, then use this.

It functions the same as Alternate Clientv1.046 but it's updated to New Origins.

If it doesn't work, I'm sorry. It should work but I don't know the specifics of Dragon Saga client related issues.
This isn't provided by Gravity so download and use at your own risk. If it messes you up further, I'm sorry.

Thank You So Much

#19 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

Good news, I downloaded the 1.46 client, patched, and I've logged in. Everything seems to be working, although when I first got in the screen resolution was a little wonky. Changing to full screen and back solved it.

Phew, what a process.

#20 Shuzelin

Shuzelin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

Good news, I downloaded the 1.46 client, patched, and I've logged in. Everything seems to be working, although when I first got in the screen resolution was a little wonky. Changing to full screen and back solved it.

Phew, what a process.

Congratz Rim

#21 xRedDevilx

xRedDevilx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:08 AM

Grazt RIM

#22 imswat

imswat

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

wait part 12 :thumb:

#23 gilis2

gilis2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

This isn't provided by Gravity so download and use at your own risk. If it messes you up further, I'm sorry.

Thanks #1

#24 Shadowsasuke7

Shadowsasuke7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

New problem? I haven't heard of anyone with this problem yet so I thought I would post it:

I patched 100%, Patch Successful, and I even had the new Patcher Skin, I started the client and it was working fine but the screen went gray and then the client crashes.

Any suggestions?

#25 phanys

phanys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

i got the same problem D: and its full patched...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users