How can people get 60-100 million exp per hour? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How can people get 60-100 million exp per hour?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bcb3QNuwVMY

I was 129 when I made this and I just threw random clips together to show someone. I leveled on Friday from 129 to 140, Saturday to 147 and Sunday to 150. 149 to 150 took two BMX3.

This is what happens when EXP events all stack together!

Off-topic: nice terraria video. That hell hole looks awfully familiar... did you play on alex's server by any chance?

#27 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

Off-topic: nice terraria video. That hell hole looks awfully familiar... did you play on alex's server by any chance?

Nah, it was my buddy's server. Since then we've made a fancy one with glass and lava. Game is amazing.

I'll probably play some more of it now that I've finished that Sura.

#28 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

It's easy ( but expensive ) on genetic. Use the AoE acid bomb and mob up somewhere you can one shot like scaraba2. Then depending on the mob size you can handle you can get 40-????M / hour. I was averaging 50M taking conservative mobs and using fat whites and occasionally life pots. Went through 800-900 bombs going 129-150/50.

#29 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

wow what a baddie

#30 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bcb3QNuwVMY

I was 129 when I made this and I just threw random clips together to show someone. I leveled on Friday from 129 to 140, Saturday to 147 and Sunday to 150. 149 to 150 took two BMX3.

This is what happens when EXP events all stack together!

you make it sound like you can keep taking turn for One quest through out the week and finally reap the whole set of 7 turn ins at the week end.
i assuemed this kind of thing worked when it was 7 different turn ins and not the Same quest.
can any one clarify this?

#31 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

Looking at the Post your Levels thread, how can everyone level so super fast in the range of 60+ million base exp per hour? And a 119 GX getting 55m/hour at mag_dun02?

This is what my level 135 ME AB can get when leveling at abbey02 (nameless) with kaahi, VIP account, no manuals. If I used 3xBM's this would be only 19.3m/hour...
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is my fast exp/hour I've ever recorded on my GX, using EDP rolling cutter spamming green ales like crazy, and HEBM on a VIP account during a 2x exp event. This would be approximately 29m/hour with 3xBM's.
Posted Image

-Removed-

You've already answered your own question I think. You stated that you can achieve about 20M exp per hour. Well times this with a BMx3 and you will also get 60M exp per hour.

#32 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

You've already answered your own question I think. You stated that you can achieve about 20M exp per hour. Well times this with a BMx3 and you will also get 60M exp per hour.

He said he would get 20m~ if he used 3x manuals, not 20m without...

#33 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:03 AM

you make it sound like you can keep taking turn for One quest through out the week and finally reap the whole set of 7 turn ins at the week end.
i assuemed this kind of thing worked when it was 7 different turn ins and not the Same quest.
can any one clarify this?

What are you talking about? He mostly grinded but he did do his imp/knocker turn in once a day when he was in range of those levels. Stacking turn-ins? Most you can do in a day is 2 (if you pick up the quest and don't do it or finish it the same day you can finish it the next day, AND if your timer happens to be up you can pick it up again.).

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

Here look

I decided to strip off all my god items and go level for a bit. Ran a 3X manual.

And .....

Posted Image

I was getting lucky with mobs.... When it dropped, it only dropped to about 75m/hour.

Took some video as well, not a single potion was used.

EZ class to level.

Edited by Xellie, 06 September 2011 - 07:08 AM.

#35 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

late to the thread but this weekend I did like ~54m/hr on yggdrasil in magma2 without god items or w/e on a 100/15 Genetic (got to 106 and then some, in 60 mins)... I mean we DO have an exp event, X3 manuals, and VIP all going for us right now. Its not hard.

The turn-ins are insane with VIP/X3/event... in 1 hr I did the juperos turn in with the same genetic and I went 108->115.

Edited by Jaye, 06 September 2011 - 07:59 AM.

#36 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

And we also have monkey and gangster mask... We might be getting 10 times or more the 'normal exp'... and for low level charas, another half the exp needed event.

Xellie post however makes it sound like leveling an ME bishop might not be a bad idea. I still remember taking a slowpoke video of ME only 3 months ago before the cast time and delay changes and HH change... might as well make another bishop xP

Edited by Kadnya, 06 September 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

And we also have monkey and gangster mask... We might be getting 10 times or more the 'normal exp'... and for low level charas, another half the exp needed event.

Xellie post however makes it sound like leveling an ME bishop might not be a bad idea. I still remember taking a slowpoke video of ME only 3 months ago before the cast time and delay changes and HH change... might as well make another bishop xP

For you

I got an NI2 one uploading, but it's basically bigger mobs and 2 Slaughters > 1 necro
I know my numbers are a little off on the video, my OTHER AB gets 75k / necro tho. She's higher level.

Though, imagine this AB (in the video) in a few levels time with more HP.... I'll be mobbing NI3 into oblivion.

Edited by Xellie, 06 September 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

And that one

#39 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:01 AM

I 99ed a Knight in around an hour and a half or so the other day with regular manuals. The low lvl thing was pretty amazing.

#40 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Here look

I decided to strip off all my god items and go level for a bit. Ran a 3X manual.

And .....

Posted Image

I was getting lucky with mobs.... When it dropped, it only dropped to about 75m/hour.

Took some video as well, not a single potion was used.

EZ class to level.

Darn it Xellie, +7 that Monkey Hat!

But yeah... Knowing how to level efficiently (including taking advantage of ridiculous EXP events) really makes a difference. I wanna level an ME AB now... Maybe after I 150 a second support AB.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

My other ME AB has a +7 monkey hat! This one is a secondary char!

Note tho, the build is very.... support priestish. There's no reason any support priest can't just get ME, keep their stats as is, get support AB skills and kill with ME.

#42 JulianThanos

JulianThanos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

you just forgot something... this build is a massive bgem eater, with the ME, sanc and SW you need to use it to stay alive in a mob if 8 slaughters attacking you. Or you can go with lots of pots, and burn your money this way.

The point is: you have to get back to resupply too much times.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

you just forgot something... this build is a massive bgem eater, with the ME, sanc and SW you need to use it to stay alive in a mob if 8 slaughters attacking you. Or you can go with lots of pots, and burn your money this way.

The point is: you have to get back to resupply too much times.

Did you watch the videos? I didn't use SW sanc or pots....

I go out there with 500 Bgems, it lasts 2hours. Whats the problem? Any other class requires a much more expensive catalyst, I assure you.

#44 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

It's easy ( but expensive ) on genetic. Use the AoE acid bomb and mob up somewhere you can one shot like scaraba2. Then depending on the mob size you can handle you can get 40-????M / hour. I was averaging 50M taking conservative mobs and using fat whites and occasionally life pots. Went through 800-900 bombs going 129-150/50.

....... or you can just cart cannon 2 shot them, that works pretty well too and is way less expensive. I'm trying to figure out if this guy is serious or is trolling

#45 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

Dunno about 2 shot without god items but its definitely 3 shot with a hurricane fury

#46 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

More leveling just before maintenance ending the 2x exp:
Posted Image

And my build:
Posted Image

#47 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

....... or you can just cart cannon 2 shot them, that works pretty well too and is way less expensive. I'm trying to figure out if this guy is serious or is trolling

Ohhh no! I spent ~16M on skel bones and orc vouchers ( and still have over 600 alcohols in storage from stockpiling stems / spores at the same time) and maybe 2-3M on fabrics and hearts that I didn't feel like hunting.... you know, about the same amount that you would spend on cannon balls getting 21 levels even assuming you 1-2shot EVERYTHING for those levels. Bombs are cheap as dirt when you have your own brewer, stems and spores are stupid easy to get, same with fabrics. And that's assuming you don't have a genetic with change mat. for the skel bone / voucher shortcut. Not to mention, that without god items DF /FE is faster than cart cannon, and even if you don't one shot everything in the mob the rest WILL be burning. So you just wander off and build a bigger mob as they drop.

Dunno about 2 shot without god items but its definitely 3 shot with a hurricane fury

Yeah, but then you have to either take smaller mobs or burn a lot more pots because you won't have the reducs from wearing a bigfoot shield. During the TI event I would go down there just to grind and was averaging 20ish scarabas in a mob, sometimes double that. Without reducs I wouldn't have been able to survive that short of spamming ygg berries. As it was, during the TI I was drinking whites faster than a fratboy doing a kegstand downs beer.

#48 insane

insane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

eddga = exp

#49 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:13 AM

On the second level rake sacrabs and antler scarabs deal LESS damage than scarab hall, it's very survivable. Hurricane fury has resists built in as well, almost as good as a shield at higher upgrade levels.

@mooMoomoo only thing i can think of is lower vit = sonic blow stun = slower leveling, try watching xellies vids though technically your build should be better.

Edited by Hrothmund, 07 September 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#50 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

Spoiler

Okay, so, my ME Archbishop is geared pretty much identical to cept Xellie's for the armor and stats. At base level 149, with 20% towards 150, I went to NI2 and it took me 3 hours on 3x manuals to hit level 150. Note that at level 149, the monsters there (with the exception of necromancer) give only 60% of their normal experience when they die. That was during a 1.5x exp event. So altogether, VIP, 1.5x exp event, +8 yoyo hat, gangster mask, and 3x manual. I got about 75 mil exp in 3 hours with that, but with monsters only giving me about 11K exp per kill I think it was? The trick is this:

-Make party, put it on share, and you get exp no matter where in the map the monster dies.
-Take bgems and FLYWINGs. My AB is pure dex/int (120 of each) and so has lower vit. SB spam is pretty deadly from larger mobs
-Teleport, find a mob, cast ME (My ME cast is ~1 second)
-Flywing as soon as the cast is finished. Flywings IGNORE the after cast delay on ME, so you can teleport with them the instant the cast bar for ME disappears. This is CRITICAL. My AB was all dex/int (48 vit till those were maxed). I gather mobs of up to 12 monsters, and there is no way in HELL I can tank that. You cast ME, fwing, and you're not tanking them, but they stand there on ME for a couple seconds and usually, even when they move, don't move far enough away to be off the effective area of it. That is the key. Rinse and repeat.

Some monsters won't die with one ME cause, yeah, they'll move away from it. But honestly, if somebody else kills it, you get the majority of the exp anyway, and I dunno bout you, but I play Valk. Usually when I go to Cursed Abbey, I have the place to myself, regardless of what floor, so chances are you'll land by the damaged monsters and kill them yourself at some point anyway. If you have weight issues, you can substitute flywings for giant flywings (1 weight vs. 5) And it's nice if you have level 10 weight increase. The downside to this method is that you're not picking up any loot. But honestly, you can make up for that when you're 150.

Hopefully you can get better results now. Happy hunting.

Edited by Kuropi, 07 September 2011 - 02:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users