9 replies to this topic

#1 Wirts

Wirts

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

So I was sitting in my tree house looking at my characters and I noticed my 215 Visitor. I thought to myself, you know, it would be nice if I could do something with those 206 skill points.

I thought, wouldn't it be nice to make them into a true adventurer type class. Now I'm not talking about giving them any type of attack skills or anything like that. That would require quite a bit of balancing and generally be a waste of the dev team's time. But some basic skills... maybe?

What if we gave them some basic skills that would enhance their ability to explore maps or do quests. Maybe even setup a Job Class at level 10 or 100 called Adventurer in order to obtain these skills.

A few skills I had in mind might look something like this...
-Movement Speed passives and/or buff
-Stealth
-charm passives
-possible Dodge & Defense self buffs
-self target heal (to prevent them from being used like clerics)
-self target purify
-maybe some type of aoe status effect with no damage attached to it (attack/movespeed/accuracy down?)

This would help make it more fun to explore and complete fetch type quests.

What are your thoughts on something like this? :lol:

#2 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

So I was sitting in my tree house looking at my characters and I noticed my 215 Visitor. I thought to myself, you know, it would be nice if I could do something with those 206 skill points.

I thought, wouldn't it be nice to make them into a true adventurer type class. Now I'm not talking about giving them any type of attack skills or anything like that. That would require quite a bit of balancing and generally be a waste of the dev team's time. But some basic skills... maybe?

What if we gave them some basic skills that would enhance their ability to explore maps or do quests. Maybe even setup a Job Class at level 10 or 100 called Adventurer in order to obtain these skills.

A few skills I had in mind might look something like this...
-Movement Speed passives and/or buff
-Stealth
-charm passives
-possible Dodge & Defense self buffs
-self target heal (to prevent them from being used like clerics)
-self target purify
-maybe some type of aoe status effect with no damage attached to it (attack/movespeed/accuracy down?)

This would help make it more fun to explore and complete fetch type quests.

What are your thoughts on something like this? :lol:

The problem with this comes with not having an "advanced visitor" class, or something to that extent. Because of that, these would all be "basic" skills, like you already suggested. Because of this, it would make all of these skills available to ALL characters in the game, not just visitors, which, in turn, wouldn't really do anything to the game, except to make it ...well, different. Every class would be able to get these...and, to me, it just wouldn't work.

#3 cWaxxs

cWaxxs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:13 AM

I was in the Ragnarok Forum (I didnt knew) then I click class I first thing I saw is Expanded Class I was like WTF new Visitor class came out for real?

Ohh. BTW I support. :unsure:

#4 superhenk

superhenk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

it would be a good idea in my opinion to make a class that is perfect for solo lvling and farming but i dont think they would make it because you would get bored realy fast and the other classes wouldnt be used

#5 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:36 AM

bad idea in my opinion

#6 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:57 AM

Wrong section- awful idea. Is there an "advanced child job" in the world? nope. it's called you grow up..

#7 b3nji

b3nji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:DRACOmalfoy

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

Wrong section- awful idea. Is there an "advanced child job" in the world? nope. it's called you grow up..

Not if you're a Lost Boy -_-

#8 happa

happa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

220 visitors are cute -_-

#9 Casanovovic

Casanovovic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:WIGGLE WIGGLE!?!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:11 AM

Dude thats the coolest idee ever made! they should do something more with the visitor class, just make sure they are alot weaker then Other Jobs! #best idee!

#10 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:30 AM

Dude thats the coolest idee ever made! they should do something more with the visitor class, just make sure they are alot weaker then Other Jobs! #best idee!

Just make like 3 or 4 220 visitors. when u feel like making a new char. you only have to do 2 quests. Its fairly easy with dual client :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users