September 6th Maintenance notes - Page 14 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 6th Maintenance notes

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#326 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

All WoE 1 castles on Ygg are now active
aru 3 and Sch 1 are also active.
Next week all of ygg woe will be active!

That's a scary thought for god items. Really looking forward to woe2 dungeons being available in my opinion.

#327 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

I second that.

what makes me think it's the majority? Count the ones posted in this topic alone who wanted a rideword, plus the tens of tousands of new players joining and staying to play the game each and everyday.
/scasm

By your reward logic those who took the grind to 99 in the old days should be "properly" rewarded now that you can 99 in matter of hours.

The people that posted here also didn't want the Ring of Resonance be in the groove pack. Later Heim changed it. And yet your still going by assumptions that every new comer feels this way.

And no, you don't get my logic at all. People who had equipments then that were 99 likelyhood had equipments (atleast 1 or 2) then that were pretty decent that may not be now. If they left for whatever reason and comeback complaining that there equipments are not as good no more shouldn't equivalent to those who continued to play or are currently for a while now that have good equipments. Like I said putting effort to make zeny isn't even as hard as it was years back ago.

#328 bitbucket

bitbucket

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

Late to the party, but I'm still putting my $0.02 in.

On the other hand, I have seen even more players leaving this game, why? There are a few reasons, and believe it or not, lag issue was one of them but this is not what I wanted to talk about in this post.

As so many people already mentioned in this post, that the market is totally gone crazy, especially over a few items, right now, namely the rideword hat. To get a +0 we are talking about 95mil+. And I can not disagree more with the mod who said its the buyers who sets the price. The rich are not short on zeny, and that's why they can afford NOT TO SELL AT LOWERED PRICE. And so no one can afford anything half decent.

At the end of the day, who gets hurt the most? The new/return players, the people who we wanted to attract in the first place, who cant afford the gears for leveling which prolongs the grind. Lets face it, there ARE alternatives out there.

I should know.

I came back to RO when it became free-to-play, starting from scratch with nothing. I got my main to 150/50 with second rate +4 oldschool junk and Eden gear. Took me 4 months, and at the end my net worth was maybe 20m tops. Never found any valuable cards or rare drops--either bots made it worthless, or renewal made it useless--and the zeny from loot just went back into potions. At the rate I was going, nine 150s wouldn't have been adequate to earn enough zeny to properly gear one of them. I guess the only way to go these days is to sell WPE/Kafra Shop items, but I have bills and rent to pay and barely make ends meet.

I never found a guild I was welcomed in that didn't fall apart after a couple weeks, or wasn't full of bots bots, and RO makes a terrible single-player game. Oh well, I beat the grind and endured the solitude, so I'm probably done with RO (again), since I don't have the motivation to do it for another character, considering how unrewarding the journey was the first time around.

Edited by bitbucket, 07 September 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#329 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Well... A random question.

Where are those golden porings? I mean, the main site was not telling anything about the porings. [Blind girl could not find it D: ]

#330 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

Late to the party, but I'm still putting my $0.02 in.I should know.I came back to RO when it became free-to-play, starting from scratch with nothing. I got my main to 150/50 with second rate +4 oldschool junk and Eden gear. Took me 4 months, and at the end my net worth was maybe 20m tops. Never found any valuable cards or rare drops--either bots made it worthless, or renewal made it useless--and the zeny from loot just went back into potions. At the rate I was going, nine 150s wouldn't have been adequate to earn enough zeny to properly gear one of them. I guess the only way to go these days is to sell WPE/Kafra Shop items, but I have bills and rent to pay and barely make ends meet.I never found a guild I was welcomed in that didn't fall apart after a couple weeks, or wasn't full of bots bots, and RO makes a terrible single-player game. Oh well, I beat the grind and endured the solitude, so I'm probably done with RO (again), since I don't have the motivation to do it for another character, considering how unrewarding the journey was the first time around.

That's your own mistake. Leveling =/= profitable. Leveling isn't supposed to make you money, in fact it's supposed to cost you money. Making zeny is completely independent of leveling.

#331 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

MVPing always has and continues to be where the zeny is

#332 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

ya lol, i never made zeni leveling, actually on my genetic i was spending zeni up the ying yang to level fast ( HEBM, double +10 and +20 foods, potions, buff scrolls), learn to trade or mvp, thats where the zeni is at

#333 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

MVPing always has and continues to be where the zeny is

Too bad people that don't have the zeni in the first place can't really go out mpv'ing. :P And those that can be beat without good gears get dominated by people with good gears anyway since the little guy can't compete.

And there's no profit in bringing a whole guild to fight low end mpvs that don't drop anything worth much.
Not unless they let you have all the loot all the time.

Edited by Krispin, 07 September 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#334 Siiepher

Siiepher

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Is maintenance still going on right now?
I'm getting the "Failed to connect to server" message.

#335 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Is Dewata supposed to not have any portals into buildings? If that's not the case, then all those portals are missing. At the very least, what appears to be the tool and equipment shops have no portal at all. This is Ymir.

Edited by Miyuki, 07 September 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#336 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Is Dewata supposed to not have any portals into buildings? If that's not the case, then all those portals are missing. At the very least, what appears to be the tool and equipment shops have no portal at all. This is Ymir.

Strangely, from what we received from kRO, there is only one interior location for the whole Dewata area (the tribal village building)...we're going to be adding in Kafra, Eden, and tool shop NPCs to Dewata soon.

#337 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Strangely, from what we received from kRO, there is only one interior location for the whole Dewata area (the tribal village building)...we're going to be adding in Kafra, Eden, and tool shop NPCs to Dewata soon.

The road to both the weapon and tool shops all lead to a tent, so I thought that might have been an indoor shop. ._.;;

Guess I'll make this a quick bug report.

- The inn NPC is missing I think. You're supposed to be able to save and use storage from that NPC. jRO have him/her at around Dewata 127,289.
- I can't really start the quest on the palm juice with Memo, not sure if it's just me not clicking enough though. Yup, didn't click enough. ._.;
- The quest that lets you get the Kris? (involves Comodo Leather collecting) have its starting NPC missing too? jRO have that guy at Dewata 234,64. I was on the wrong field, nevermind this one. :P

Edited by Miyuki, 07 September 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#338 NeoIGenesis

NeoIGenesis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLoki's Realm
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

are slotted black frame glasses supposed to be not tradable now?

#339 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

where the funk is the npc in pront the rwc2011 npc at>?? im sure its in here but im not going through 16 pages.

#340 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Maybe i have missed something, but don't the +7 upgrading certificates basically just do the same thing that the HD ores used to do or can you can use enriched ores with them?

The certificates don't degrade your item on a fail like HD does.

#341 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

RAOR More Dewata bugs!

Caress[1] has slot but doesn't show
Posted Image
The new enchants have no Icons!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edit:
Sigh :facepalm:

Jaty Crown does not mention that it is Account Bound!

Update on this:
When you right click the new enchants that have no Icon like the mDef +4 as shown in the screen above, you get a gravity error and your client crashes.

#342 Remy85

Remy85

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

The "safe to 7"
I just a bit confused how they work, I know they don't guaranty your item with upgrade. Does it mean how ever you can keep trying until you get to +7?

Like if I had the Alca Bringer +4
Then I use the Certificate
Upgrade to +5 fails I know it is safe, but can I do it again? or would I need another "Safe to 7 Certificate?" Basically is it use up once you go one upgrade up ie. 4 to 5 or do you keep using the same Certificate until +7

Thanks

#343 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

If it fails, item is still there and yah you need another cert to upgrade again.

#344 Remy85

Remy85

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

If it fails, item is still there and yah you need another cert to upgrade again.

ohhh okay thanks man, what about if it doesn't fail? and it goes up one, do you need another one each time you do a successful upgrade?

Thanks again

#345 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

ohhh okay thanks man, what about if it doesn't fail? and it goes up one, do you need another one each time you do a successful upgrade?

Thanks again

OF COURSE you need another for each attempt. It would just be lame beyond belief to get unlimited upgrade attempts with just 1.

1 Certificate = 1 Attempt, Pass or Fail.

#346 Remy85

Remy85

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

OF COURSE you need another for each attempt. It would just be lame beyond belief to get unlimited upgrade attempts with just 1.

1 Certificate = 1 Attempt, Pass or Fail.

Yah I know that how it should be :P I was just living on a hope LOL

#347 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

So how much are the weapon tickets being traded for?
You might not be able to vend them but they are tradable, though I fail to see the point of this.

I imagine a lot since they can guarantee a +7 weapon, even if you need a stack of them.

Edited by Krispin, 07 September 2011 - 09:21 PM.

#348 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

black frame sunglasses [1] suddenly became account bound? is that done on purpose?

Edited by Hulk, 07 September 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#349 novalkar

novalkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

black frame sunglasses [1] suddenly became account bound? is that done on purpose?

the same happened to the mercury riser

#350 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

What's the posted speed limit for Dewata? (monster level range)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users