September 6th Maintenance notes - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 6th Maintenance notes

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#76 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Looks really good. Too bad I have nothing to upgrade to +7 anymore sigh!

#77 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

is the light map crap going to be fixed this patch also?

#78 Resumirres

Resumirres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

changing the abyss helm for a rideword hat would be nice, i want one but the people is so abusive with the prices.

#79 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

I think making KVM badges tradeable is a bad idea. :s

Also I agree; Rideword hat is too good for this box. I was hoping for a new hat =P
But I'm not going to complain about the box. I mean, the GMs could just give us nothing. :s

Edited by Azyrk, 06 September 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#80 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

yes I agree no AK helms please server is flooded with them. replace with rideword/umbala spirit

#81 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon

I would totally dig a Rideword hat in the box. They're getting ridiculously expensive

#82 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Instead of blue herbs, how about maybe 10 ales? Or 50 white slims? Or 5 ygg berries? I agree, no one uses blue herbs.

I disagree, ranked blues are still made at least from the people I know. In addition to that there are Increase SP pots (Medium/Large) that can be made as well.

#83 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Rather than an AK Helm how about a chance to get 25-30 HD Elu/ Ori?

#84 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Oh, would've been happy to see RoR in there... I ended up selling mine /swt

#85 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

The thing is Rideword Hats are TOO good to get from this box. I'm pretty sure they'll be in again soon in some way, but for a 150 point box I don't think so. :S

Maybe you can implement a crappier version of the Rideword hat with 0.5% chance to leech 1% of damage as HP/SP. We can call it the poor man's Rideword hat since everyone wants one so bad,

#86 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

buy shop back please, since it also helps guild getting supplies and stuff

#87 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

This list is going to cost me a lot of money. Damn you Gravity.

#88 MattXcheW

MattXcheW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

It would be really awesome for the KVM points to be like a send energy to someone. Cause most of the people that has too much just keeps their KVM's rotting, or maybe make the Badges tradable at least just for this week! PLEASE

#89 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

It would be really awesome for the KVM points to be like a send energy to someone. Cause most of the people that has too much just keeps their KVM's rotting, or maybe make the Badges tradable at least just for this week! PLEASE

^

#90 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

WoE would be so much more exciting with everyone wearing Glorious weapons if the badges become tradable.

Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are gonna be spamming boxes for the safe upgrade certificates. Will there be a Boxter to exchange for any unwanteds?

#91 brandiebear

brandiebear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Awww change it and put Rideword Hat[1]or at least please consider making kvm badges trade-able....

#92 Cydra

Cydra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 605 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

This list is going to cost me a lot of money. Damn you Gravity.

Then dont buy the boxes...
You already spent 200$ on lucky boxes...

#93 Artamie

Artamie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Maybe I haven't been around long enough but the only people I see using RoR & RoFL are the raydric/GH bots on Valkyrie. It makes sense since they would probably be the only ones able to afford them seeing as raydric cards may be one of the only other items that sell really well. In my opinion, if high cost MVP items will not be in the box, neither should rare hats that may be at a risk of devaluation. You don't necessarily need a Rideword Hat nor RoR+RoFL to level but at least you can still trade one for the other. Ultimately though, it makes little sense to me to change this since adding RWH would endorse high end mvp monopolization while adding RoR would be endorsing pay-to-win...

#94 Lancer

Lancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

150pt is too cheap for the almight rideword hat to be put in. just wait for the next box event, im sure its gonna be in it. also what's up with more abby helm!? there's like a billion from last time already lol.

#95 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

Then dont buy the boxes...
You already spent 200$ on lucky boxes...

And how did you know all of this? :P

#96 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

It wasnt long ago where I read Heim's post and wanting more players to join this game.

Well, I myself came back a few months ago, and since then I have come across many new and returning players, most noticeably this 2x exp event brought back quite a few returning players that I have seen. Which is good for the community and for the company itself (Profit).

On the other hand, I have seen even more players leaving this game, why? There are a few reasons, and believe it or not, lag issue was one of them but this is not what I wanted to talk about in this post.

As so many people already mentioned in this post, that the market is totally gone crazy, especially over a few items, right now, namely the rideword hat. To get a +0 we are talking about 95mil+. And I can not disagree more with the mod who said its the buyers who sets the price. The rich are not short on zeny, and that's why they can afford NOT TO SELL AT LOWERED PRICE. And so no one can afford anything half decent.

At the end of the day, who gets hurt the most? The new/return players, the people who we wanted to attract in the first place, who cant afford the gears for leveling which prolongs the grind. Lets face it, there ARE alternatives out there.

Oh and yes, of course you can just give them the finger and tell them to play whatever is out there and leave this RO to you 1337ers, but Im sure Heim wouldn't plan/did what he did and try to attract new players if they ain't wanted in the first place.

So yea Heim, maybe its time to listen to your inner voice of reason instead and get RO back on the road.

/rant

#97 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

It wasnt long ago where I read Heim's post and wanting more players to join this game.

Well, I myself came back a few months ago, and since then I have come across many new and returning players, most noticeably this 2x exp event brought back quite a few returning players that I have seen. Which is good for the community and for the company itself (Profit).

On the other hand, I have seen even more players leaving this game, why? There are a few reasons, and believe it or not, lag issue was one of them but this is not what I wanted to talk about in this post.

As so many people already mentioned in this post, that the market is totally gone crazy, especially over a few items, right now, namely the rideword hat. To get a +0 we are talking about 95mil+. And I can not disagree more with the mod who said its the buyers who sets the price. The rich are not short on zeny, and that's why they can afford NOT TO SELL AT LOWERED PRICE. And so no one can afford anything half decent.

At the end of the day, who gets hurt the most? The new/return players, the people who we wanted to attract in the first place, who cant afford the gears for leveling which prolongs the grind. Lets face it, there ARE alternatives out there.

Oh and yes, of course you can just give them the finger and tell them to play whatever is out there and leave this RO to you 1337ers, but Im sure Heim wouldn't plan/did what he did and try to attract new players if they ain't wanted in the first place.

So yea Heim, maybe its time to listen to your inner voice of reason instead and get RO back on the road.

/rant

Capitalism exists in RO. Deal with it.

#98 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

I started out with crappy NPC gear and worked my way up, everyone else can too. :P It's all a part of playing the game.

#99 Cydra

Cydra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 605 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Capitalism exists in RO. Deal with it.

Here is one of those people who support the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. You are like King Louey the VII. You need to be beheaded.

#100 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

For real capitalism selling everything in a lucky box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users