BIO3 Turn In - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

BIO3 Turn In

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#26 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

If RG's were not panzees who love to solo everything, they'd actually get Sacrifice and actually contribute to protecting party members from mobs like those in Bio3. This is one reason why I can't wait for the balance patches' nerf to RG's, because it'll force some RG's to revert to defensive/supportive roles once they get to those higher levels. I remember how there were so many Sac Pallies back in Pre-Renewal.

#27 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6666666666666666666666666666

#28 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

As stated it is doable without leet gear. You just need a well organized party. If only the reward was worth it. <.<

#29 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

It really doesn't have anything to do with being hardcore enough, QQing, spoiled or anything else. It just isn't worth doing for that amount of exp. Anybody good enough to do bio 3 could get much more exp levelling on the other high end maps. Might as well call it what it is: the only reason to do it would be because you want the challenge/something different to do. And there's nothing wrong with that. It seems for most level ranges every other turn in is really useful, once a month of a good turn in event for any given character isn't bad in my book.

#30 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

Possible perhaps with god items and mvps right...Not everyone got access to those....yay.

#31 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Possible perhaps with god items and mvps right...Not everyone got access to those....yay.

No...There's absolutely something terribly wrong with the Suras who die to the Bio3 mobs while on MS.

#32 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

Not that i die to the bio3 spawns on MS, even though the ghosts are painful.
I normally outlast the party dieing coz im on MS ~_~, no point in continue tanking if the party is dead.

oh and Brynn would help with that knock-backs ~_~.

Edited by Kenichi, 07 September 2011 - 06:54 AM.

#33 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

Not that i die to the bio3 spawns on MS, even though the ghosts are painful.
I normally outlast the party dieing coz im on MS ~_~, no point in continue tanking if the party is dead.

oh and Brynn would help with that knock-backs ~_~.

Hence the reason why shield-switching and Sac from a real RG would be helpful.

#34 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

Real RG would be useful then, strong shield would help the knock back but wont help with the dmg ~_~.
With the ghosts all around, 1 shotting and wiping the party is kinda annoying when it looks like things are getting good. The exp loss is painful enough, specially with the people dragging the mvp on the spawn point.
It might be possible for like 1 or 2 parties to pull this off, but the for rest of the server meh...

oh well we ended up calling it quits, gonna go grind somewhere less suicidal.

Edited by Kenichi, 07 September 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#35 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Three main ABs on a party (we play ab as main, le gasp o_o) and yet we only lasted around 15 minutes before the clones overpowered the support and the party in general, for some reason they found sexy to send flying the RG before killing the abs... and our best killer actually was the ranger in place of the others... since we had the luck to bump on KK every damn :P 5 seconds, even camping by the stairs got crazy, the spawn point has the damn mvp, so walking from level 2 is a must.

I think it would be easier to just kill Eremes on lvl 2 -_-U at this point. I lost 11% job and i need 390 more of each -.-U

#36 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

lol. i know the random eden parties won't cut it for bio3. i wish this ti was down the road because a lot of my chars just 125'd from jup and aren't quite ready for the bio3 stage (135 stage)

#37 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

Jack Frost from Warlocks or Chasers would come in handy at that place though. Frozen monsters turn into Water-1, so Kathryn Keyron wouldn't be much of a problem if you guys actually had the proper setup. With the exception of the MVP, there isn't a monster there that can't be Frozen. Getting 1-shot by single monsters is kinda overreacting though. That probably means you're not wearing the proper demi-reduction gears or you pulled too many monsters at once. If you're a low-hp mod class such as an AB who's worried about JT from Kathryn killing you, then get a wind elemental armor or something.

#38 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

Did they change the Element on the Mastersmith? It never froze pre-renewal and I haven't really looked at bio3 since.

On topic- Just because you go with a party of 12 random people doesn't mean you will be able to do this ti. You are going to actually have to find people that know how to support (le gasp) instead of just spamming coleus heal over and over and over with prefatio (this is one of my biggest pet peeves). Also it means the party needs to work together and possible be on vent with each other and not run around with no gear on like some jup parties had. If you can't get a cranial of some sort or an immune, you need to just go back to grinding in scarabs or something because if you go to bio3 you will just be the entertainment for the other people there.

If 3 people can do the ET bio3 floors then a party of 12 decently geared people that semi know how to play should do fine.

#39 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:23 AM

mastersmith is water therefore it doesnt freeze

#40 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

Jack Frost from Warlocks or Chasers would come in handy at that place though. Frozen monsters turn into Water-1, so Kathryn Keyron wouldn't be much of a problem if you guys actually had the proper setup. With the exception of the MVP, there isn't a monster there that can't be Frozen. Getting 1-shot by single monsters is kinda overreacting though. That probably means you're not wearing the proper demi-reduction gears or you pulled too many monsters at once. If you're a low-hp mod class such as an AB who's worried about JT from Kathryn killing you, then get a wind elemental armor or something.

maybe i should explain of my three parties so far, the ebst one 2 full time abs, sac rg, two shuras, sc and warlock with frost myst, wanderer, RK and party leader kill the party by gwinging because two people died *facepalm* and when mvp appears he doesn't fly... I can believe i will say this, but they need to lower the mob, so people can actually stop and think, hell once my two other guildmates who are full ab arrive, we will be your dear triple Ab combo, but then we can be all pro being AB and yet we won't find a good party because people think gwing is the way to go, and we explain and keep going in the same direction.

my other two parties, the leader had the head in the right place, the party no. the last one, leader gwing the hell out of lives -.-U

I can believe my party for lulz last week was better than current ones, and i'm talking, two abs, one mechanic and a warlock '_'

I will better wait for my guildmates, last time I did better bio3 with four people who would be scare -_-less of getting me killed than people who thinking gwing is the way to go in a laboratory of doom

Edited by Kiryu, 07 September 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#41 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

wrong. mastersmith is water therefore water freezing spells won't freeze it but things like frost joke will freeze it. so ya.
can the things there still be fiberlocked winged? if so, fiberlock more too if you're feeling overwhelmed. and freaking pneuma. so many abs in jup parties and in ancient tree/phylla parties didn't know how to pneuma.

edit: but the level differences will prob affect things happening too. so whatever. i just came back to ro so i'm not sure what level a measrto would have to be (or anything) to properly status affect the monsters in bio3. but the bio3 monsters are 140ish and the ti is for 135-150 so i think status affecting them shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by AimeeZ, 07 September 2011 - 08:39 AM.

#42 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

bringing back bio 3 tkm

#43 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

jup is understandable, but ancient trees and phylla has hallucination, so even if they dropped a pneuma, a looooot of people wouldnt stay in it anyway, because they don't know its layed down(well i still doubt they would stay in it even if they knew). For most of the turn ins, from what i recalled, anywhere with ranged monsters had another monster on the map that hallu'd, and lots of people who didn't stay in pneuma. someone sw'd me while a sniper was hitting me today :P

Edited by kotoyuri, 07 September 2011 - 08:51 AM.

#44 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

prob saw a cloaked sinx heading towards you koto

#45 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

I guess you guys forgot how to Bio3?

Heres how we did it pre-renewal for those of you who forgot.

Killers - Sura - make sure they have SP items

SP slave - Sorcerer - i have no idea if Indulge or giving SP is useless in renewal. But with the Wind Spirit it should help with cast time. I recommend this class because fiber lock + 1 bolt = tele'ed monster has saved many parties in the past.

Freezing class - Warlock

Pullers - RKs, RGs - Make sure you have an unfrozen

Stringers - Maestro, Wanderer [w/ Linker]. You can also mental sensing with these classes to increase exp. Which i also recommend.

Support - 2 or more AB's. Make sure they at least have safety wall.

Optional class, but reccomended:
Snatchers - Chasers - they snatch snipers and hiwiz out of parties. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN UNFROZEN FOR HIWIZ.

In pre-renewal what you would do is head to a section of the Bio3 map that allows for space to be controlled well. Most people preferred bottom left. It has a wall to protect the wiz that was pre-casting and had 2 openings for monsters to come in. A wall for leechers to hide behind. And had a section of the map for monsters in the bottom left toe. If bottom left was taken you'd go to bottom right. If both of those were taken-- there are 'rooms in the upper right and left hand side. I remember staying in those rooms closest to stairs since it made for alot of areas for the pullers to pull.

With renewal in, I'm not sure how that would change where parties can go. So experiment.

Gwinging is never a good idea. The monsters HP is too high and the dungeon forces the party to control an area. If you Gwing onto a area with 4 snipers, 2 howards, and 2 LKs YOU WILL WIPE HARD.

The general plan is to keep an AOE spell up that keeps the monsters frozen. Monk class walks up, fists it. But you have to keep the AoE spell up at all times because even 1 monster will wreck your party. Priest keeps up Safety wall on the warlock so it wont get 1 shotted since casting the spell will make the monsters come to the warlock first. Sorcerer supports with SP, AB heals party and supports as pre usual. Stringer must have strings up at all times.

Chaser should be going out with RGs and RKs to snatch support for them if they run into snipers/hiwiz. Counter Instinct works wonders here. Sorcerer are the go to people for teleing lv 99 monsters/MVPs.

RGs and RKs just pull monsters from the sides of the map. Do not use guard skills or parry the animation delay will stun lock you in place and you cant pull properly. Keep a shield on and high defense on. When you get a MS, tell the party and dont walk into the party with it, tank it outside the party and let the monk fist it. Same thing goes for a wizard, DO NOT bring the bio3 hiwiz into the party or you WILL WIPE.

When you do run into the MVP your puller class should be the first people to see it coming. Gather the party together and have the warlock Ice wall all the entrances. Tell the puller to pull the MVP into range of AoE spells/single target ones. Have him tele and hit the MVP behind the ice wall and it'll tele.

I havent done Bio3 after renewal, but feel free to correct me if im wrong since this is how we did it pre-renewal. And these parties were always very successful with the right people.

Edited by Cubical, 07 September 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#46 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

I guess you guys forgot how to Bio3?

Heres how we did it pre-renewal for those of you who forgot.

Killers - Sura - make sure they have SP items

SP slave - Sorcerer - i have no idea if Indulge or giving SP is useless in renewal. But with the Wind Spirit it should help with cast time. I recommend this class because fiber lock + 1 bolt = tele'ed monster has saved many parties in the past.

Freezing class - Warlock

Pullers - RKs, RGs

Stringers - Maestro, Wanderer [w/ Linker]. You can also mental sensing with these classes to increase exp. Which i also recommend.

Support - 2 or more AB's. Make sure they at least have safety wall.

Optional class, but reccomended:
Snatchers - Chasers

In pre-renewal what you would do is head to a section of the Bio3 map that allows for space to be controlled well. Most people preferred bottom left. It has a wall to protect the wiz that was pre-casting and had 2 openings for monsters to come in. A wall for leechers to hide behind. And had a section of the map for monsters in the bottom left toe. If bottom left was taken you'd go to bottom right. If both of those were taken-- there are 'rooms in the upper right and left hand side. I remember staying in those rooms closest to stairs since it made for alot of areas for the pullers to pull.

With renewal in, I'm not sure how that would change where parties can go. So experiment.

Gwinging is never a good idea. The monsters HP is too high and the dungeon forces the party to control an area. If you Gwing onto a area with 4 snipers, 2 howards, and 2 LKs YOU WILL WIPE HARD.

The general plan is to keep an AOE spell up that keeps the monsters frozen. Monk class walks up, fists it. But you have to keep the AoE spell up at all times because even 1 monster will wreck your party. Priest keeps up Safety wall on the warlock so it wont get 1 shotted since casting the spell will make the monsters come to the warlock first. Sorcerer supports with SP, AB heals party and supports as pre usual. Stringer must have strings up at all times.

Chaser should be going out with RGs and RKs to snatch support for them if they run into snipers. Counter Instinct works wonders here. Sorcerer are the go to people for teleing lv 99 monsters/MVPs.

RGs and RKs just pull monsters from the sides of the map. Do not use guard skills or parry the animation delay will stun lock you in place and you cant pull properly. Keep a shield on and high defense on.

When you do run into the MVP your puller class should be the first people to see it coming. Gather the party together and have the warlock Ice wall all the entrances. Tell the puller to pull the MVP into range of AoE spells/single target ones. Have him tele and hit the MVP behind the ice wall and it'll tele.

where did GXs and Rangers went? had a little kitkat? dude we need to level too

#47 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

He'll freeze if you use the right skill. :P

#48 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

I think some of you are forgetting something. 2/6 of the monsters in Bio3 are considered Demon-Types. Don't expect pure-Demi reduction gears to save you from them all. It's an even bigger mistake to use the BG set and think it'll work for the entire floor. Eremes and Seyren hit hard in regards to this fact, because the majority of players who lack the exp of fighting these two seem to forget that they're Demon. Keep a Khalitz shield handy for when they power-up or else you're pretty much gonna be in trouble while having to deal with the other types.

here's a really helpful hint for ya:

ogretooth card / shield

#49 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

where did GXs and Rangers went? had a little kitkat? dude we need to level too

idk how they would fit into a party after renewal. Rangers can make stuff tele with traps, and im not sure how useful they would be with fire trap or other traps. Idk how genetics or mechanics would fit either. Probably as support mobbers/support damage or something. But GX, Ranger, Genetic, Mechanic didnt have much to offer the bio3 party pre-renewal. If you wanted to level these classes, you can always support with a slave AB. This is what i did to leech level my characters to 99/70. Heal Slaved out of party.

Edited by Cubical, 07 September 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#50 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

It seems Song of Despair would be another alternative to make the monsters teleport.

For the GX people: Why not blowing your Oblivion Curses now? o:

I will try bio3 very soon. It may be harder than pre-re, but it may be nice on the right party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users