BIO3 Turn In - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

BIO3 Turn In

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

You did your math wrong:

OMG I DID! Sorrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~~~~~~~ I've only used my instincts~

If the reward were scaled to the difficulty... Everyone would go from 135 to 150 in one turnin /gg [I only use the EXP/HP value]

Biolabs 3 does not have the reward scaled to the difficulty. This is the only problem of the map.

If the people like the difficulty, simple. Boost the speed of the turnin. Lower HP of the monsters, and scale the spawn proportionally. Or add AWESOME items to their item pool.

And don't complain. Monsters with 110k are still strong. Okay, now they can be onehitted with some other skills besides Gfist~~~~~ :P

#77 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

I give up for today qq Trying again tomorrow

#78 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

What are you talking about having sacrifice makes you a pansy, if you have that skill then mostlikely you're dependant on others because you don't have any good skills left. Sacrifice would eat up my whole entire skill tree.

Do you even know what you're saying? I said defensive/supportive role. Of course an FS build is gonna depend on others. It's quite obvious. Exactly what "good skills" are you talking about? I'm serious about this question here, because I'd like to see your reasoning. All you need are the skills that help with defending/supporting. All offensive options can be taken out. This is the reason why the balance patch is going to be important when it nerfs most of the RG's offensive prowess. The purpose behind this build is so that they not only depend on others, but it also makes others depend on them. It's called teamwork. Sac RG's with DA up can save the supportive/spellcaster types in a party. Warlocks wouldn't be getting 1-shot if there were RG's around. As such, Warlocks are pretty important down there in Bio3, considering that they can stop most of the monsters with Jack Frost. Not to mention that it would protect the AB's. No need for Pneuma if you've got a Sac RG with DA up.

Another tip: Piety for Kathryn

Edited by GuardianTK, 07 September 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#79 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

If rewards were scaled based on difficulty. Scarabs would give half the exp they did.
Bio3 isn't hard, everything else is too easy for the exp.

#80 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

If rewards were scaled based on difficulty. Scarabs would give half the exp they did.
Bio3 isn't hard, everything else is too easy for the exp.

This is the problem though the scaling for end game leveling sucks. And no 14.1 doesn't fix or even attempt to fix this at all. The easy scarabs are still the best place to level. =/

#81 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

I will do scarabas than bio3 simply because they give more exp/hr less hassle. The only good thing on bio3 is the KK card, I might go down there not on 2x exp event but during 2x drop event.

#82 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

It's much harder in Yggdrasil server. We don't have a lot of elemental armors to spread around in the market and we have no god items yet. :P

#83 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

This is the problem though the scaling for end game leveling sucks. And no 14.1 doesn't fix or even attempt to fix this at all. The easy scarabs are still the best place to level. =/

It's ok. The fix would be to nerf the exp on everythign else so they give 50-80% less exp. Then things would be better scaled based on difficulty.

#84 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

Next week I would love to have a discussion with those that actually tried the BIos turning about their thoughts on it and the monster fighting.

Someone asked about bios 4.. </maniacal laughter>

I'd LOVE to share my 12hr trek down in Bio3 with you. Would have been done much faster if I didn't have to deal with craptastic party members that leave the second they get killed. The MVP is fine, the lvl 160 mini bosses are the only real annoying ones that make this map a little over the top. Being a guy that's found most of the turn-ins boring as hell due to them being super easy, I actually found this to be challenging enough to keep me awake and entertained for the whole 12 hour duration. I get bored on every other turn-in event after about 30 mins and I already do those turn-ins without a large easy mode party.

Oh yeah, I was the one asking for Bio 4. Are we going to be seeing that any time soon?

#85 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

Things look pretty easy:

You guys are spoiled from 150'ing easy mode with 3x bm which didn't even exist when some of us 150'd our chars. I would imagine some of you G winging in the middle of a gigantic mob in a corner trying to take it out or something crazy without knowing if an mvp is there or not. Easy mode RO does wonders :P

#86 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

Doing this is totally insane. I don't see where a lvl 135 would fit in? that's like suicide!
Why didnt you made it scarabas or how about Dewata? so we can try it out.
But seriously that turning is not doable! sooo hard, it demands a lot of gear that most of us dont have (cause we arent 150 or something), so GM's pleaseeee change this turning. We want to lvl not to lose all the %'s we have.

You don't have to participate in it you know. Why not go to Scaraba if u like it so much? I mean do you HAVE to have turn in's todo something... are you THAT spoiled?

The Turnin I find funny this week are the Roween&Anophs, My RG just runs around collecting a mob the OBing them and they die so quickly. I solo'd this turn in in about 40mins without any help. Now have to wait that miserable 23 hours. Ah well guess will do with my Snipe or WLock now while waiting.

#87 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

do the bio3 monsters have a guild now? lol. beats everyone else like i thought.

#88 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

It's ok. The fix would be to nerf the exp on everythign else so they give 50-80% less exp. Then things would be better scaled based on difficulty.

This is not happening. kRO buffed the base exp of lvl 70+ monsters by like 30% (Which doesn't help with the j.lvl problem). They also rebalanced bio monsters but I haven't checked there yet. Questing in a foreign language is difficult.

#89 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

Not everyone has 12 hours to crawl in a dungeon. The only problem here is the time. While all the other turnins had [roughly] 800 monsters, this one has 2400. That on a "easy-mode" map would take like... 3-4 hours, depending of the situation. Maybe that was the time the turnin on bio2 happened.

5-6 hours would be okay, but 12 is stupid. And yes, parties keep crashing for two reasons [not my quotes, don't yell at me D: ].

1- "The map is too hard, I am waiting for a nerf". Okay, the monsters are strong, but they can be handled.
2- "I've took one hour and a half and did got only 50 monsters." Great, now you need only 2350 more. How damn happy is you now?

The actual biolabs 3 turnin needs to be nerfed. Just to make it playable [Not to the easy mode, but to the average and over-average group too.]. Lower the kill count for 100 or 150 each. People will see progress, and then keep it up. Or just forget about this being a weekly turnin. Make it permanent, and then everybody can do 12 hours turnins, on different days.

You may hate easy mode. But the game needs it to survive [That's why Battle Manuals and things like this are on Kafra Shop]. If you are in the remaining 10% hardcore, keep it up. Unfortunately, not so much people here will agree with you. Some of them only with emotional reasons, and others [like me and Clogon], with technical reasons.

Let's think again. Now you ones that liek everything easy. Do you think 12 hours of playing is sufficient effort to only open a battle manual to get some exp? Go grind on the easy maps. D:

You guys are spoiled from 150'ing easy mode with 3x bm which didn't even exist when some of us 150'd our chars. I would imagine some of you G winging in the middle of a gigantic mob in a corner trying to take it out or something crazy without knowing if an mvp is there or not. Easy mode RO does wonders :P

Hint to all of you easy-mode players: Only the ghost spawns can summon Fire Pillars. If you see a Fire Pillar, the MVP is near.

#90 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

omgawh? champs scholars stalkers WTF? I just saw the video now. Looks like i never saw bio's after the 4F update.

#91 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

I managed to get into one party. I gotta say that monsters did die quickly in a 12-man party when we all stayed together. It's just troublesome trying to get away from some of the 160s that oftentimes wipe the floor with the weaker party members. I don't know how long I was there, but I managed to get about 50 of each monster (it was a while, I had to leave for work) but by that point, I was way in the negative exp gain.

I'll have to do this several times, likely with several different parties and I'll have to be relying on their skill in order to complete the TI each time. But yeah, doing this with Ventrillo is much better. I was leading the party I was in, and I spent as much time trying to help kill/support as I did trying to make sure a 160 wasn't on the party. Someone would see it earlier than me and I'd lose party members in the wing. And it would be nice to be able to announce when I'm going to wing without messing up battle mode so that when we wing, the party doesn't wipe.

It's definitely a challenge and I think I'll complete it once and just work on my other characters.

#92 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:53 AM

@Charisma
Good luck :P

#93 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

yay old school, and guys you should be happy gravity is actually giving us a CHALLENGE!!!! OMG!!! Lol dont ruin it =D~

#94 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:44 AM

If RG's were not panzees who love to solo everything, they'd actually get Sacrifice and actually contribute to protecting party members from mobs like those in Bio3. This is one reason why I can't wait for the balance patches' nerf to RG's, because it'll force some RG's to revert to defensive/supportive roles once they get to those higher levels. I remember how there were so many Sac Pallies back in Pre-Renewal.

Is overbrand nerfed? no
Is vanishing point nerfed? no
Is shield spell nerfed? no

The update has absolutely no effect on RGs ability to level. Infact RG's will be MORE efficient levelers/pvmers after the balance patch because a lot of the ones relying on reflect leveling will realise just how much better/faster it is to use OB instead. My only regret is i didnt get OB first instead of reflecting up to 130.

As for Bio3, its hard, it needs some skill, its a really good dungeon. Just the mob exp probably needs to be doubled (->TI doubled as well) since i could probably make the same exp as all the turn-ins in the time it takes an average party to complete one of them.

Edited by Hrothmund, 08 September 2011 - 05:46 AM.

#95 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

This is not happening. kRO buffed the base exp of lvl 70+ monsters by like 30% (Which doesn't help with the j.lvl problem). They also rebalanced bio monsters but I haven't checked there yet. Questing in a foreign language is difficult.

Clogon you know I'm trolling right?

#96 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

Things look pretty easy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvYPrNKVDv0

That right there is incredible coordination. The people in that party moves slow to prevent huge mobs ganging up on them. Folks in my party last night were scrambling around like monkeys causing mobs from all corners to gang up on our asses. I gave up after 25 kills. :)

#97 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Is overbrand nerfed? no
Is vanishing point nerfed? no
Is shield spell nerfed? no

The update has absolutely no effect on RGs ability to level. Infact RG's will be MORE efficient levelers/pvmers after the balance patch because a lot of the ones relying on reflect leveling will realise just how much better/faster it is to use OB instead. My only regret is i didnt get OB first instead of reflecting up to 130.

As for Bio3, its hard, it needs some skill, its a really good dungeon. Just the mob exp probably needs to be doubled (->TI doubled as well) since i could probably make the same exp as all the turn-ins in the time it takes an average party to complete one of them.

I suppose I made it sound like that was the case. Though I'd very much like to see more Support-type RG's rather than 99% of RG's being full-out offensive builds with Exceed Break-weapon switching built into them. And Exceed Break is getting nerfed. VP and OB can still be maxed anyways. Wasn't OB getting its damage nerfed though? Maybe they reverted that change or something. I haven't kept up with "that" thread. I've only seen a handful of RG's ever use Sac upon getting to 150 for WoE. It's pretty pathetic to see.

#98 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

this TI is stupid and not worth it

#99 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

Things look pretty easy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvYPrNKVDv0

is this before or after the kRO balance patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users