Deviling and Ghostring Cards - Obtainable from OCA on Valk now? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Deviling and Ghostring Cards - Obtainable from OCA on Valk now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#1 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

I'm going to make this public. It seems that the cards that were originally unobtainable on Valk from OCA, Ghostring and Deviling, are now obtainable. Can I provide direct evidence? No, but I know that the price and demand of OCAs have slowly been creeping up, and just yesterday, the price has sky rocketed (even selling at 10m+). The huge jump in price just overnight is because of this thread...

http://forums.warppo...pic/50476-sold/

If this is true, I want to make sure that everyone knows. As of now, I'm going to assume that this is all true so the following rant reflects that.

Lately, there has been a lot of things Gravity has done that I don't approve of and this is one of them. To make this significant change and to do it without announcing it was just plain wrong. It was obvious that DR and GR cards were withheld from OCA for a reason. It must have been a hot debate, I don't know really know. To implement it all of a sudden without even letting the community discuss it is my problem. Also, the fact that a select few knew about this change is an issue, but at least with this thread, I can make it public and allow the community to discuss.

#2 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

Yea I sold 11 pcs @ 10mil each and was wandering why ppl are rush buying em after maint /hmm

#3 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:52 AM

Hello,

It is very unprofessional of the people in charge to not notify of us such change. Cards such as the deviling and the ghostring play important factors in WoE as well as other scenarios. I had been selling all the OCAs that I got from MvPs, had I known that the DR and GR are now attainable through the OCAs, I would've opened them all.

I would like to point out that such information should be available in the patch notes. We shouldn't have to find out out through rumours or trial and error.

Thank you Huad for making this post.

Have a good day!

#4 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

Hello,

It is very unprofessional of the people in charge to not notify of us such change. Cards such as the deviling and the ghostring play important factors in WoE as well as other scenarios. I had been selling all the OCAs that I got from MvPs, had I known that the DR and GR are now attainable through the OCAs, I would've opened them all.

I would like to point out that such information should be available in the patch notes. We shouldn't have to find out out through rumours or trial and error.

Thank you Huad for making this post.

Have a good day!

Agreed. Maybe it was supposed to be intended as a surprise, but what did you think was going to happen when the first one got dropped out of an OCA to one of the people from a big guild? They're sure as hell not gonna tell anybody. They keep it hush hush and go buy up all the cheap OCAs till somebody finally blows the story wide open. I wonder how many GRs and DRs were dropped from OCAs since the change was made before somebody finally let it slip in the thread huad posted? Now those people who bought up all the cheap OCAs while things were kept quiet. That's a huge potential advantage to the few people who might have been in the know about this for WoE. Pretty lame. Good catch Huad.

Edited by Kuropi, 08 September 2011 - 04:17 AM.

#5 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

Well same as what they did to some items getting acct bound thats really lame /5

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:36 AM

Working as intended.

#7 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

Who knows since when they started coming out of OCA's, probably since the beginning of renewal or some ninja patch somewhere in-between. I was wondering why a few months ago my OCA's from MVP'ing was selling @ 7m when they were actually worth 4m-4.5m :P

#8 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

Yea the price average went high so sudden... -.-

#9 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

It was meant to be a weird 'premium feature', but that was long ago and since bots were starting to hunt GR and DR for quite a few months it doesnt surprise me.

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

It wouldnt be surprising if it snuck in unintended. Course it could just be rumor mongering to bolster the OCA price before someone dumps 100's onto the market at 300% retail :P

#11 Clein

Clein

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

El que entienda español bien por el, el resto se jode.

En las Ocas comenzaron a salir mini bosses desde que se implemento el sistema VIP, los GM lo pusieron en la pagina principal, con una tabla muy bonita y explicativa, no es un bug.-

#12 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

Es un bug porque "iRO VIP Server" es Ymir, no Valkyrie. "iRO Open Server" es Valkyrie. No obtiene la tarjeta de Ghostring o Deviling de OCA en Valkyrie.

GM response please...it's the only way to confirm it.

#13 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:09 AM

Population of rich ppl in valk are high and that sux if most of those ppl will get these that easy, I still prefer that Ymir has it coz it was "premium" and leave the old cards in OCAs... /no1

#14 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Yeah and I open up 20 boxes just before maint. :P

#15 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

I think at this present point its purely speculation. It could be either way and until someone attually posts 'heres the GR/DR card from an OCA on Valk screeny' it wont be certain. I think this news has spread partly due to a couple of topics on the subject and the fact they given away OCA in a lucky box which is associated with VIP.

On the point of 'omg DR from OCA makes rich ppl get uber gear'. Sorry but DR only from DR means its dropping to one of the farm bots that 24/7 patrol his maps. This means either botter gets DR or DR gets sold to rich person by botter. Either way its not going to a lucky low lvl player that stumbled across it.

As for the ruining woe sorry but its either 'its too hard to kill ppl in woe' or 'omg I get one shot in woe' no ones happy either way.

#16 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

Got two old card albums from those 150 point pots and I have to admit that its tempting to open them.
I know that chances of getting a ghostring or deviling are slim to none and that most of the cards from it wont even be worth a million zeny, but when you got the oca's just sitting in your face knowing what could potentially come from it... its pretty tempting.

#17 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

lol

#18 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

gr/dr arent even that good honestly. im pvp/woe dr gets you killed more often then it saves you

#19 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

Got two old card albums from those 150 point pots and I have to admit that its tempting to open them.
I know that chances of getting a ghostring or deviling are slim to none and that most of the cards from it wont even be worth a million zeny, but when you got the oca's just sitting in your face knowing what could potentially come from it... its pretty tempting.

Gambling is tempting /gg

#20 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

gr/dr arent even that good honestly. im pvp/woe dr gets you killed more often then it saves you

lol?
just switch it dont default it :P

#21 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hmm i kinda wish i read this before i crashed last night and sold my OCAs for 12m and now i sold some for 17m today. Aaaaaand some are vending for 25m. So weather this rumor is true im taking advantage of the prices now to make bank.

#22 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

definately ocnfirmed that gr/dr are popping out of ocas like daisies

#23 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

Questions:
Can you still survive Gfist if the Gfister has a total of 4K SP? Morpheus Set, + INT Armor, 120+BONUS INT?
How does it feel to get a Poring card for 25M?

#24 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:41 AM

they're doing this now so in the future if they need to merge valk and ymir there's not gonna be a problem with those said cards.

#25 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Don't you guys get it? They put these cards so people can spam more $ on the new boxes :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users