This Week TI Quest - BIO 3? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

This Week TI Quest - BIO 3?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

Skilled players are perfectly able to 150 by themselves, perfectly able to go to biolab 3 if they wished for a challenge without this silly turn in.

The weekly turn ins are supposed to cater for the less skilled and casual players. It's the new fad in gaming. Do you know how much money those silly facebook games rake in because they're casual and require minimal skill? Gravity is trying to make this game available to more people. Being new-player friendly is the way to go if iRO is ever to survive.

#27 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image

Exp, (missing the second half of the Howard turn-in because I job leveled). You can see that I have a Job Manual on and a Triple Manual so numbers might be a tad off for those doing all base.

From job 48 (~30%) to job 50. I'm just glad to be done with the turn-in AND my Ranger.

BTW, a lot of you need to learn how to play your freaking characters- but I'll get into that later.

Posted Image

Edited by Snewt, 09 September 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#28 soultry

soultry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

My 2 cents: I finished this TI today on my sorcerer. It took about 8 hours total over 2 days. That's time inside bio3, not including recruiting (1-2 hours).

I ran my own group today for about 8 hours (including breaks). That's a long time you say? Well...what can I say? I had fun. After I finished on my sorcerer, I hopped on my AB and RK to help my friends out. (Yeah, I'm a sucker. :))

It was extremely time consuming and the exp reward was not at all worth it for the time and effort put in. But it was challenging, and ultimately I did have fun. I think I speak for a few of the others in my group as well, who came back after turning in to help others get more KCs, even when they had no intention of doing the TI again anytime soon. Having to pay attention, coordinate, and work together to survive was the best part. It was the most fun I've had in this game for a long time, even with all the deaths. I might even be better at the game now, too.

Still, I'm really glad I'm done now. I wouldn't mind going to bio3 again (eventually, I think I'm all bio-ed out for now) if the VIP warp stayed up. It would definitely help if the kill count was lowered, too, as others have said.

It sucks for the people who wanted to do it this week but didn't play the right class. For my group, other than the essential support/tank/cc classes, we just stacked RKs to make it go as fast as possible. I didn't get to play my wanderer this week either because she wasn't a maestro. T.T Apparently maestros are very rare. RO players like being kawaii too much, myself included. :glomp:

#29 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

BTW, a lot of you need to learn how to play your freaking characters- but I'll get into that later.

Tell me about it.

So since youre finally done, think you'll join me in the "I finished this damn bio3 turn in, got my job 50 and now I'm going back in on a different character" club?

#30 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:24 AM

I might go back on my 150/50 AB to make a video (on how you SHOULD be playing Arch Bishop) and to help out, otherwise I have nothing left in range and will spend the rest of my time this week focusing on my new AB and my Wanderer.

#31 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

LOLPosted Image
this thread really is for loosers.
so what if you DIE?
If you're lvl148 u can turn in once and you'll be 150/50
the exp you get is 220m exp on base, and oh yea you only need 97m to turn from 149 to 150.
hell my exp is 0.0% yet i come there w/ full party and still plowing through. the turn in is what you wantPosted Image
are you guys scared to loose exp? it's just a game you kno -- we suppose to be having fun
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by geniewinie, 10 September 2011 - 06:55 AM.

#32 FenixXIII

FenixXIII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

LOLPosted Image
so what if you DIE?
the exp you get is 220m exp on base, and oh yea you only need 97m to turn from 149 to 150.
hell my exp is 0.0% yet i come there w/ full party and still plowing through. the turn in is what you wantPosted Image
are you guys scared to loose exp? it's just a game you kno -- we suppose to be having fun
Posted ImagePosted Image

+1

I'm helping my guildmates finish the turn in, they lost 50% job level on 49, and pretty much 70-80% on other base/job yet I only hear them laugh, they are in for the turn in not the leveling.

#33 Ririna

Ririna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUruguay
  • Server:Valkyrie/Ymir

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

Currently I'm 150/44... I find it's not worth doing this.

It's hard... But that's not the problem. The main problem of this quest is the LENGTH. It's not worth to sit 12 effin hours in front of your computer to do this.

#34 Zattory

Zattory

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Locationpontotoc,MS
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Well, Kiryu find it worth it with an free ice pick and a biolab card, plus was really something they screaming WTF after Cecil explode in the middle of the party.

#35 Ririna

Ririna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

I say it in Uruguayo:

Ese turnin es una reverenda gaver. Nos cabió. Comimos queso.

Edited by Ririna, 10 September 2011 - 11:52 AM.

#36 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Well, Kiryu find it worth it with an free ice pick and a biolab card, plus was really something they screaming WTF after Cecil explode in the middle of the party.

Good times. :)

#37 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

this ti is more of a fun thing to do then a grindy ti... i was having fun stepping down in bio3 for the first time since pre-renewal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6uTjRVk3FQ

getting wiped by 99 160 hwiz

Edited by Astraeos, 11 September 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#38 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

LOLPosted Image
so what if you DIE?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Another +1!!!

Unfortunately, the game is just beyond having fun now. Many people are so serious about not losing EXP to the point they teleport to avoid death if 1 person dies in the party when only a couple of pots and heals would have changed everything.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 September 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#39 Ririna

Ririna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

It's not the difficulty... It's the length. 12 hours for a turnin is not worth. Cutting count to 100 would be good. Hard? Yes. Long? No.

#40 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

But how else would you pull off an epic two-three day party? Pretty sure half the folks in my parties stuck with it because they didn't want thier initial efforts gone to waste since they had already invested time and exp to do so. Trying to do a party now seems hard since folks have finished their turn ins and don't want to come back for a 2nd round. Oh well I'll keep trying.

#41 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

i'd be in favor of extending this event since it took some people a while to figure things out and who to party and not party.

#42 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

Make it a permanent fixture for VIPs

#43 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Make it a permanent fixture for VIPs

YES! :)

The map is hard, but well, killing those stuff in two or three hours per day may give great rewards.

Then on a weekly turnin. People rush, people die, people complain. I know, if it was permanent, it would rarely be a party in there [check Overlook by example, almost no parties]

But one week... It is too few. There is not sufficient hardcore people in the game to do this. And most of them already got their 150's in other events.

[Seriously... Nobody wants a wanderer on the party? ): *waits for a new scarab, because nobody wants the wanderer ): *

#44 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

i'd be in favor of extending this event since it took some people a while to figure things out and who to party and not party.

I didn't do anything this past weekend because I knew the TI was going to be disabled tuesday and I wouldn't finish. Other people should've realized that as well and not done it. If we have another week of this :), I'm going to kill myself.

#45 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

I'd love for them to extend Bio3 for another week and maybe just take out the lvl 160 mini bosses. They're not hard to kill but most people seem to be scared $#!tless when they come by. Even though I'm fine with it, I think removing the mini bosses would entice more people to give it a chance. Either that or update the drops from the bio3 monsters to make them worthwhile for those of us that are 150 looking for something with a challenge.

For all the folks that had the guts (or the sheer insanity) to trek though Bio3 with me and haven't completed the quest. Let me know and I will personally help you get your remaining kills. It's the least I can offer to all the fantastic people that withstood the countless deaths and still kept going with me. However, this offer does not apply to those that bailed/ragequit on me QQ'ing about it being too hard/not worth it/losing too much exp/would rather be fapping to your own sprite. If you can't take my craptastic leadership, don't expect me to pull through for you. For everyone else, thanks for putting your time and dedication to it =)

#46 JulianThanos

JulianThanos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

I'd love for them to extend Bio3 for another week and maybe just take out the lvl 160 mini bosses. They're not hard to kill but most people seem to be scared $#!tless when they come by. Even though I'm fine with it, I think removing the mini bosses would entice more people to give it a chance. Either that or update the drops from the bio3 monsters to make them worthwhile for those of us that are 150 looking for something with a challenge.

For all the folks that had the guts (or the sheer insanity) to trek though Bio3 with me and haven't completed the quest. Let me know and I will personally help you get your remaining kills. It's the least I can offer to all the fantastic people that withstood the countless deaths and still kept going with me. However, this offer does not apply to those that bailed/ragequit on me QQ'ing about it being too hard/not worth it/losing too much exp/would rather be fapping to your own sprite. If you can't take my craptastic leadership, don't expect me to pull through for you. For everyone else, thanks for putting your time and dedication to it =)

+1 ^

And budd, not every good Ab is job 50.. mine still 43! lol

It's a hard TI? sure. Let's see for other view.

In the 90-110 TI (roween and anopheles) you got some very bad range of players. Some mecha got xpelled from a party and start BB'ing the map, and to add insult to injury, a 150 sura from a well-known valk guild try to take it out gloom and beel with gfist. That's the kind of people these turn ins created.

And then you put a Ti that really need skill, a TI where just owning all god items in the world wont let u be invincible. Now put these kind of player in bio3. One move of a baddie can put the whole party down. So i admire those who manage to get some of these TI, cause there was too much bad odds against then.

For the 23 hours cooldown, Heim said in the beggining that this was more like a weekly turn in. Put 100 as a goal and bad people could get away just by piggybacking some parties (and destroying then in the process) and would still get shtload of XP. 400 is a good number, since it take time, coordination, and specially, SKILLS!

#47 Ririna

Ririna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

+1 ^

And budd, not every good Ab is job 50.. mine still 43! lol

It's a hard TI? sure. Let's see for other view.

In the 90-110 TI (roween and anopheles) you got some very bad range of players. Some mecha got xpelled from a party and start BB'ing the map, and to add insult to injury, a 150 sura from a well-known valk guild try to take it out gloom and beel with gfist. That's the kind of people these turn ins created.

And then you put a Ti that really need skill, a TI where just owning all god items in the world wont let u be invincible. Now put these kind of player in bio3. One move of a baddie can put the whole party down. So i admire those who manage to get some of these TI, cause there was too much bad odds against then.

For the 23 hours cooldown, Heim said in the beggining that this was more like a weekly turn in. Put 100 as a goal and bad people could get away just by piggybacking some parties (and destroying then in the process) and would still get shtload of XP. 400 is a good number, since it take time, coordination, and specially, SKILLS!

Time... Time is money... I hate everithing that takes time. Skill? it's okay. But time... Losing time si not for me.

Edited by Ririna, 12 September 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#48 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

a permanent bio3 ti for vip sounds sexy

#49 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Time... Time is money... I hate everithing that takes time. Skill? it's okay. But time... Losing time si not for me.

Great another kid that overvalues his/her time and spoiled with instant gratification. What are you saving time on when your looking at the big picture? Probably nothing I'm guessing. In a hurry to 150/50 your character so you can afk in pront? Time is money, why are you wasting time playing RO?

The bio3 turn in is really one of the few things that is actually a bit of a challenge where you can actually consider an achievement in this game. Very much likethe old sign quest before they made it a bit easier to complete.

Edited by Inubashiri, 13 September 2011 - 06:42 AM.

#50 JulianThanos

JulianThanos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

I was helping a newcomer level his newly transed HP and when i told him that it took almost 1 year for me to 99/70 mine he said "eeeeewww ishould prolly abandoned the game if it was this long". That's the new mentality of players. Get 150 in a day and ONLY THEN learn to play. Get fed in months and change to another class, rinse and repeat. It's sad, but it's how it is....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users