• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stryfe1982

Stryfe1982

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

I gave in and decided to try out a magic based character. At least I hope the Soul Hunter is magic based....

What are the skills I should focus on? What should be my first skill?

I need something that can do a bit of damage because at level 10, this guy is pretty weak physically. I can't rely on those attacks.

All that is available right now is...

Attack of Curse
Invisibility
Soul Shield
Summon Illusion

....and I want to know which beginner skill will level me fast?

Also, I would like to know what types of equipment and enchantments should I focus on? I'm guessing everything should be magic based so intelligence and mind items? Instead of strength armors, I go for magic based? Also magic damage enchantments instead of physical? Should I stick with the wand and shield or go with some other type of weapon? Staff perhaps?

Edited by Stryfe1982, 09 September 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#2 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

go for all the magic based attacks (bloody arrow rakenail vamp touch). summons are nifty early on just to help take down mobs but useless higher up. only 3 buffs worth considering are invis, blessing of wind and curse mastery (last one a must have). shape of fear will be ok as well as shadow binding. but yeah, consider where you want to take your SH and look up builds for the future. depending on how long you want to play as SH or if you want to play DOminator or defiler will also influence the other skills.

gear obviously go fo magic stats. INT MND are the most common type of stats you will find in gear. you can actually do pretty well upto 40 with any gear really. wand and shield (w/s) is ideal for this class for extra damage and blocking stat. staff will give mroe MP but less damage adn no block advantage.

#3 Stryfe1982

Stryfe1982

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

What is the difference between Mind and Intelligence?

Also what is Dexterity good for? Is that for accuracy or speed?

#4 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

What is the difference between Mind and Intelligence?

Also what is Dexterity good for? Is that for accuracy or speed?

http://requiem-wiki.org/wiki/Stats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users