Ghost Property monsters - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ghost Property monsters

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Prakz

Prakz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

I play an assassin, and was wondering how do I damage ghost property monsters, Using enchant poison only lets me hurt them a little bit, and using an elemental weapon still only lets me hit for small amounts of damage. Is there anything I can get to attack them? or am I just screwed

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

Most Ghost Monsters take 25% damage from Poison. Use Elemental Converters for Wind, Water, Earth and Fire to get better damage. =) Cursed Water works as well, or have someone Aspersio you.

#3 Prakz

Prakz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Even with converters and aspersio, I do like 1/4th the damage I normally do, Like if I attack a ghoul with a wind conveter for 700 damage, I'll hit a nightmare for less than 200. Frustrating

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

http://db.irowiki.org/db/

Here's a database you can use to look up monsters and what their elemental resistances are.

Most Ghosts take 75% even from other elements, so yeah, it's slow going. =P

#5 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

only element that's harmfull to ghost is, frankly, ghost.
Unfortunally, this element is unreachable for Assassins.
Assassins pretty much cover every other Element though:
Neutral
Fire
Earth
Wind
Water
Shadow
Holy
Poison
Undead

#6 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

only element that's harmfull to ghost is, frankly, ghost.
Unfortunally, this element is unreachable for Assassins.

They can equip an Immaterial Sword to get a ghost property attack. ASPD is slower than with daggers/katars, but the damage increase may compensate.

#7 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Even with converters and aspersio, I do like 1/4th the damage I normally do, Like if I attack a ghoul with a wind conveter for 700 damage, I'll hit a nightmare for less than 200. Frustrating

The reason is your atk consist different type of atk. Weapon/Equipment atk that can be endowed to effect your damage and status atk that can't be endowed(exception with Mild Wind) which will be reduced by ghost property.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/ATK

#8 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

I play an assassin, and was wondering how do I damage ghost property monsters, Using enchant poison only lets me hurt them a little bit, and using an elemental weapon still only lets me hit for small amounts of damage. Is there anything I can get to attack them? or am I just screwed

here its a list of katars http://db.irowiki.or...ype=11&sort=1,1, if you are trans you can use the inverse scale, wich its holy prop, AND GOOD CHOICE!!!!!!! a non-mageclass was the best choice you could ever make!!!! they are toooooooooooooooooooooo OVER POWEREDS, with those instant cast and beefy atacks that ignores racials reductions and cant be stoped even in woe!

Edited by Mefistofeles, 10 September 2011 - 11:54 AM.

#9 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

use any immaterial or shadow equipment. tho shadow only gives 50% ud still hit them. immaterial or ghost property is a bit different. your damage is 200% subtract the def, Mdef, & resistant of ur target.

note: all monsters have 25% resistance to ghost property, ofcouse except ghost so exclude that. however Mdef reduce the atk damage drastically.

#10 Prakz

Prakz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

The reason is your atk consist different type of atk. Weapon/Equipment atk that can be endowed to effect your damage and status atk that can't be endowed(exception with Mild Wind) which will be reduced by ghost property.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's the answer I Was looking for, no one else explained that part. Good to know I am screwed :)

#11 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

As a GX though you can increase your w.atk and e.atk by a lot using dual weapons but you need very expensive gears for that. Until then just avoid the ghosts.

#12 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

They can equip an Immaterial Sword to get a ghost property attack. ASPD is slower than with daggers/katars, but the damage increase may compensate.

Forgot to check one-hand swords... my bad ^^
(Only checked Katars and Daggers...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users