• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Spanky

Spanky

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

3 topics in the new forums. Just got my soul hunter to lvl 50 and im going defiler. Need to reskill and i need some help with skill distribution and DNA. Along with Equipment suggestions and reinforcement and enchanting suggestion.

If theres a place that has builds already that i missed, please feel free to point me in that direction.

#2 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

lvl 55 FOC nella +10 or 15 defense enchanted
+10 or 15 supernus hope set (lvl 49-57) skill crit enchanted

I havent lvl defiler through 50s in a long time so not sure what they need exatly but
1 nukes (or max / in between)
1 vamp touch (opt)
Max evasives (opt)
Max passive
Max Shape of Fear
Point in Shadow Binding (take at lvl which makes u happy, look into DNA)
Max Arrow of Ruin
Max Deadly Bomb (I like max DNA, dmg ignore defense and resistance)
All lvl 60 skills max (can leave curse effect and soul bind at 5)

Maybe evasives will help you at lower levels but upper I would leave them out. Useless in pvp and does not help in dungeon grind parties. If you dont take points in evasion you can put mor epower into nukes however nuke dot doesnt allow you to use shape of fear. Bomb is sexy on max resis people

#3 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

funnily enough, im in the same situation! got to lvl 52 and trying to work up to 55.
yeah nella gear is the way to go. no point waiting for sylkia since that would take forever to lvl up.

since the game heads off into PvP at higher levels, u should dump all summons. theyre for dominators

max invisibility and use dna on it (does a % evasion which is gold). sould shield is useless. thingo wind, the green one for evasion, useless.
lithifying terror is useless. shape of fear is ok for PvP but needs large amt of pts.
maybe keep a bit on rake nail or bloody arrow. dun bother with time extensions for curse.
vampiric touch.... up to you. maybe have 1 pt.

defiler stuff is all accessable at lvl 60 from memory.
curse of restoration is a filler for Trap o Stiffness - this is ur most potent attack.
1st physical attack (blood moon or sumtin) is useless. the move after needs abt 6 or 5 pts. stun is v. good
bomb, storm, arrow and their after abilities are ur nukes. max them. Deadly bomb should max DNA since it adds like 300 dmg.

See Requiendium (search it) for more builds.
hope that helps!. hop over to the old forums for more stuff.

#4 Spanky

Spanky

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

Well, to be honest i want to wait a bit till i get into PVP, i havent adjusted to it yet since i was always gear findin with my 63 domi. I have a skill reset waiting, what are my main skills from my defiler tree so i can lvl with him the way he is now till i have his gear and i can reskill.

#5 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

maybe you should wait a little with your reskill untill 60 or so when you get Terms of Service, even tho this Terms of Service lvl 1 will still fail you alot.

filler:
  • attack of curse 1
  • blood moon 1
  • bloody spear 1
  • curse of restoration 1

skills:
what the others said.
  • bloody arrow 1
  • invisibility max (blessing of wind aswell if mainly pve)
  • Terms of Service/bloodstorm/deadly fog/arrow of ruin/curse mastery max
  • deadly bomb max (even tho i would say thats optional, and more useful in pvp)
  • curse effect/binding soul 5 (binding soul for pvp)
  • shape of fear 7-9 / shadow bind 5-7 (or more)

dna:
  • strenghtened invisibility 10
  • range arrow of ruin 3 (i guess thats also more useful for pvp, in grind mobs will be close enough)
  • strengthened blood storm 6
  • curse effect 1 (if you wish for the extra 100dmg)
  • deadly bomb 5 (again more pvpish)
  • you can just distribute the points as you like, but thats the ones i would spend points on.
personally i wouldnt put points into shadow binding dna unless youre a domi :mellow: 10-12 seconds on level 5-7 should be enough to stop someone for a while in pvp.

gear:
  • 65 tb wand/shield/resist ornament (for maxing resists), dont bother on getting pre 65 tb gear.
  • untill you get 65 ones, just use something you can get your hands on. around 65 this would be moonlight magic wand and the guardian of fairy shield.
  • foc nella / foc sylkia / biskra ocean + sylkia boots n gloves, reinforced with...erm ion mine resists xeons for pvp, or defense... but getting capped resists is essential, if you cant get them with above mentioned tb gear.
  • jewelry sup hope or that exi dirge jewlery reinforced up to +15 with ion mine skillcrit or well if you really feel a little squishy i guess some hps.

#6 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

High skill crit is essential latter game since many have high resistance and you need to crit to acces your addional damage stat which is added after dmg reduction :mellow:

#7 Spanky

Spanky

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

where do i find these? moonlight magic wand and the guardian of fairy shield.! and whats TB stand for, not used to the acronyms yet.

#8 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

moonlight magic wand and guardian of fairy drop from blue boss in dark sanctum, and are excellent pve items

tb or tbf = theme battle field and you can gain points by doing theme battles either union (normal equipments) or strongest (special ultimate equipments everyone can buy for free from npc)

edit: you buy tb items from tb recompensation merchant in most towns

Edited by Famous, 05 August 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#9 a1pha0m3g4

a1pha0m3g4

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

yay, finally decided qhat class to create, now i want to make sure im in the right track with skills, so, instead of creating another topic ill just post here.
So ive been checking the skills description for soul hunter and i made this build, but i still dont know if some of the skills are as usefull has i think they are or not.
Skill DNA sry, couldnt figure out a better way to post it.
for lvl 50, still 18 skills and 15 DNA
Thats the bets i got so far from what ive seen, and i dont know how long it takes to get to lvl 50, but aftyer that ill post again after i get more aquainted with defiler skills :D
Anyway, any positive or negative feedback is apreciated =P

also, when we change to the second job, do we get our skills and DNA reset?

Edited by a1pha0m3g4, 07 August 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#10 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

also, when we change to the second job, do we get our skills and DNA reset?

no

regarding your skills:
lithifying terror isnt that useful anymore, the only reason i would want to use it are commanders.
also i wouldnt bother with vampiric touch, and i also wouldnt bother putting more points into nukes like rake nail, because you should rather focus on your aoe skills.

dna looks good so far i guess, but you know you can level up some dna up to 10. also you might want to save some of the dna points for the defiler dna you are getting, so maybe you should rather put some more skillpoints into shadowbinding and forget about the dna.

#11 a1pha0m3g4

a1pha0m3g4

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

hmmmm ..... i see, ty, i just hope that with my nukes at level 1 I have enough power for PVP :D

#12 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

it will seeing that you won't nuke much, ur main role is to be sneaky and put a Terms of Service donw on ur enemies, then cast aoe's on em ;x

#13 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:23 AM

cast Terms of Service on them so i can aoe and ks them!

be prepared to get raped by sins and rangers, and basically any melee class :D

#14 a1pha0m3g4

a1pha0m3g4

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:33 AM

uhh, this does seem to be complicated :( who knew a game with little skills could be so confusing ??
Also ... the game seems to be very low populated, at least in the first area im in, wich is a shame since it looks rly cool. Is it like this always? I mean, will it be easyer to get into battlegrounds and instances later on? :D
Well, tx for feedback then, hope i can see you guys in game http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#15 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:38 AM

on what server are you?

#16 a1pha0m3g4

a1pha0m3g4

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

on what server are you?

Hammerine, i think it is the most populated one.
It almost feels like im playing in a private server tough ... and that's just sad =(

#17 TheMasterDude

TheMasterDude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

Turba is highly unpopulated. Parness (second area) is quite a bit more, yet not completely there. South Hammarine (3rd area) is so highly populated that while your in Trifi (main city for SH) it lags for many people...

#18 Arnie

Arnie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hammerine, i think it is the most populated one.
It almost feels like im playing in a private server tough ... and that's just sad =(

Well I am on Hammerine and it is pretty populated.
Try going to triffi and you will see a big difference... there is like 10X the people than in other places.
Message me if you would like some help.
I am more than willing to make a new character with you if you would like to show you the ins and outs and what not. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

Pillwinks-Shaman 47
NonPlayabl-Radiant 50
HereticsFork-Hunter 46

#19 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:33 AM

T,T After reskilling at lvl 60, and following the main builds for a defiler, i've been slaughtered in FoC. Before, i get abt 5 kills at least, now i get 0 or 1 before i hit 10 deaths. is this all becoz i can suddenly stun and everyone is after me? (seriously, rangers and sins all seem to hunt me down....)

#20 Arnie

Arnie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

T,T After reskilling at lvl 60, and following the main builds for a defiler, i've been slaughtered in FoC. Before, i get abt 5 kills at least, now i get 0 or 1 before i hit 10 deaths. is this all becoz i can suddenly stun and everyone is after me? (seriously, rangers and sins all seem to hunt me down....)

Probably because you are in front of everyone and they target you first...
Or you are just somehow filled with bad luck and they just target you...

#21 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

it's coz he's the squishiest and has Terms of Service. it's coz ur defiler. learn to live it and be sneaky.

#22 Menthollove

Menthollove

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

Okay I'm a bit confused with this thread. I see people saying bloody arrow is useless, and to put 1 point in it just for progression. Why? How is this true? From what I've personally experienced with the ability, it's brutal, and my knowledge of Warlocky classes as that's what I always play tells me this is a dominant ability. It's got great range, a decent dot, and is instant cast with a low CD, very spammable. Why only one point?

As far as my other question, that's vamp touch. That ability so far has served me very well in pvp, so I'm confused hearing people say it's not worth it. It's a decent self heal with good nuke damage. Good, not great, but good.

What would also be nice, as we're one of the only classes to not have it, is a specific guide saying which order to take what and specifically telling people what to take. Go look at that Defender guide I used for my Defender for example.

#23 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

bloody arrow is good in pve up to a certain lvl. when you get Trap of Stiffness it is ur main weapon in pve and pvp. It's ur trademark skill. There is also the fact that defilers have a range or AoE spells that need to be maxed and buffs and thingies and there are far more important crowd control skills that should be lvld up.

vamp touch on a defi is crap. I have lvl one of the skill coz I'm a cheap-_- and like to use it between pulls when solo grinding to spare myself a pot or two. as far as pvp goes - vamp touch is affected by resistances as in curse resistance. it heals the amount of dmg u produce. if you hit some1 wth capped curse resist for lets say 200 you'll heal 200. is it worth the points? not really.

#24 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

what he said. defiler are no single target nuker, its all about the aoe baby.

#25 Darkus0

Darkus0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

Why max or 7-9 points in shape of fear? The fear breaks after any damg, even bloddy arrow dot. Is a bit useless imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users