Question about EXP..? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about EXP..?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

I adopted someone the other day... (Baby Acolyte.) And we tried a couple leveling spots together. First was Goats, and then Siromas. I'm in range of both of these mobs. But the Acolyte is only level 30. Renewal of course, changed how EXP is given. So the question came up: Does a Parent and Child still share the same halved EXP as before in Pre-Renewal? Or does the baby recieve a EXP Penalty for the monsters that the Parent chooses to level on? (OR Other option?) I'm sure the answer is as straight forward as it seems. Though I'd really like to clarify this. It'd definitely help with our leveling decisions. If someone is capable of answering this question.. I really would appreciate it. Thank you. :)

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

To be honest I have never tried it myself or even heard of anyone who did (that I've read anyways). If you could do some testing and provide some screenshots we can push it up for review to get it fixed at some point.

#3 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

Alright, I'll look at doing some testing tomorrow-ish. Is there anything special I should look for aside from the previously stated?

#4 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

You have to kill monsters in range of the baby for the baby to get full exp, otherwise the player that's currently outside of their lvl range will get greatly reduced exp.

Edited by Xerloris, 11 September 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#5 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Okay well there ya go, thanks for enlightening the two of us xD

#6 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

Still, if you level in a place fast enough, the baby's getting 40% experience. 40% of a crapload of exp is still a good amount of exp. I took a baby merchant (fresh from job change) to dragons after I had 150'd her mommy and as long as she stayed alive, she got mad exp from it. But if you just wanna make it easy on yourself, stick to mobs within the baby's range :3

#7 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

40% is still a lot of XP. I levelled a baby chaser in bio2 at LVL 10 rofl. Leveled up like mad.

#8 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

It would be 60% of the base exp that is given then it is applied with exp curve.

If you do a place like dragons you will get 40% of 60%, which would end with 24% of the base exp per kill.
That is slightly lower than 1.1k exp per kill which makes it pretty fast for a character so low. Most monsters for a level 30 character give not even half of that (unless you do VIP dungeons).

#9 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Ah, that's great! Thank you for all the wonderful replies. ^_^

#10 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

tbh magma2 is kinda the best to 99 a baby. took few hrs to just 99 from lvl 10 or so in 1 spot. just too easy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users