• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Azalyn

Azalyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

I want to do the 2nd job quest and was just wondering which one is better between mage or cleric?

#2 Punk

Punk

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

Look for yourself what each class skill do and decide: http://rose.kuro-tej...j=2&sb1=1&sb2=1

#3 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Cleric excels as a support character while a Mage do some great dmg but are very weak in defence compared to other classes.

The difference between Cleric and Mage is huge so you can't say if one of them is the better, it depends on what role you enjoy to play.

#4 Okibi

Okibi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationGeorgia - United States
  • Server:Dracon

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

It is a toss up as to what you feel more comfortable playing. I have played both a mage and a cleric, and I find mages absolutely horrific to play, but that is because they don't suit my playing style. There are several mages who MASSACRE champs in PVP, as champs (and pretty much everyone else for that matter) have terrible magic resistance, so they are easily ripped apart by their spells and AOE attacks.

Clerics (more specifically a build known as battle clerics) can also be deadly if speced correctly, but the downside to playing an effective battle cleric is that if you want buffs: you have to reskill twice to gather up all of the IM party buffs if you are low level which costs around $8-$10 USD (for just the buffs) and you will have to really research your skill and stat trees to find a build you want. Battle clerics are a very popular class and there are even sub-builds of this sub-class (Dex battle clerics, DPS battle clerics, Tank Battle Clerics and so on) they are versatile, and you can continually tweak them with IM passives.

Playing a full support cleric (while it will be easy to level as you will NEVER have trouble finding a party) is boring as all getout and tedious as all heck. Again, pick your poison. As far as I know there aren't any sub-types of full support clerics as they are the most straightforward sub-class in the history of EVER. But they are important to have around, so god bless those who go full support. XD

#5 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

Playing a full support cleric (while it will be easy to level as you will NEVER have trouble finding a party) is boring as all getout and tedious as all heck.

When your party dies, it is also always all your fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users