Plethora of exp events on iRO - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Plethora of exp events on iRO

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:24 AM

What bugs me is the fact that all this exp increasing crap stacks.

IMO it should all be only the highest exp increase you got works.

Otherwise it feels like a complete waste of time to get exp the normal way if you could get the same exp you grind a day for in less than an hour with stacking events manuals VIP.

I am pretty sure the GM's don't realize that we can have up at ~9x EXP with just in game items and skills. The 2x exp event and the bonus exp hats boosts this to ~27x exp. <.< It is no secret that high end guilds and etc can 150 a char in less than 3 days was it?

Edit:
This is not including a 12 man team of epic killers giving the entire party a 3.2x exp which makes it a total of ~86.4x the normal exp during these events... Though going through the trouble of getting it this high is unlikely. But it is still possible...

Edited by Clogon, 13 September 2011 - 04:28 AM.

#27 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

Are other official servers (cRO is a yes, twRO?, etc.) on permanent 2x exp rate?

And does kRO have 1x exp for VIP and 0.5x exp for non-VIPs?

aRO has had double exp permanently for a year now, and theyre gonna start renewal soon with 3X for a few months LOL

#28 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:34 AM

I just don't understand you guys that want to make things longer to level. That having to repetitively kill twice as many mobs w/ no skill makes the challenge that much harder. All it does is make things longer and more painful. You can justify the whole "enjoy the ride" thing in some MMOs where there's a legitimate story, other things to do, etc... but in RO, all there really is is grinding mobs. I don't get why you would want to have to do more of that is all. Anyway, like I said before I will play either way, I just don't get your way of thinking.

you really don't have the sense of adventure on you mate. I'll put it on terms where you can understand, eh? Posted Image Posted Image
most players have one goal every first time they play ro ~ it's to reach the highest possible level; then what happens if you reach it?
players tend to feel bored and look for another game. SO, if we get to the highest level possible as fast as we can, we are just having fun in just a short span of time; unlike, if the game is hard, we tend to look for friends who can help us instead of soloing and also the game makes you think alot, do more things, earn respect, & search for more adventure as you level to the highest possible.Posted Image
~besides, how can you appreciate a thing if you can get it without breaking a sweat? just like earning you own money vs asking your mom to give you some.Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
more hard work = more value
less hard work = less value

Edited by geniewinie, 13 September 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#29 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:44 AM

aRO has had double exp permanently for a year now, and theyre gonna start renewal soon with 3X for a few months LOL

I know it's off topic but...
WHAT?
aRO is launching Renewal soon? How fast did they throw the updates out? o.o

#30 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:22 AM

I know it's off topic but...
WHAT?
aRO is launching Renewal soon? How fast did they throw the updates out? o.o

They were pre comodo at first for a year (I gave up on my lv95 thief then LMAO)
Then they got the whole bunch of islands and everything up to trans at some point, and soon after that followed trans, but it included everything up to new world into the client, just most of it not accessible, pretending they would slowly add all the updates.

But then everything was delayed slowly over a year again, and now the situation is one where they are promising to bring it all in very soon (27 sept, who knows what year), including renewal since they've decided localising isn't worth it xD

Edited by Charon, 13 September 2011 - 06:04 AM.

#31 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

They were pre comodo at first for a year (I gave up on my lv95 thief then LMAO)
Then they got the whole bunch of islands and everything up to trans at some point, and soon after that followed trans, but it included everything up to new world into the client, just most of it not accessible, pretending they would slowly add all the updates.

But then everything was delayed slowly over a year again, and now the situation is one where they are promising to bring it all in very soon, including renewal xD

Is there a significant english speaking player base?

#32 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:59 AM

Is there a significant english speaking player base?

50% understand english
2% speak english very well

Theres like 3 bigger guilds who are wannabe international and tons of crappy arabic guilds who dont know crap about the game.
My bro is still playing with my old chars in one of them (is now like the only 99 stalker for quite a while already), and I gotta listen to the german swearing and the failed english everytime they woe LOL.
Its kinda interesting lately apparently, but occasionally they talk about how some kids buried the guild leaders dog at the balaton sea coz its the laziest dog in the world.

But like I said, the staff are idiots and listen to the wrong people all the time.
Someone once lost his +10 VS Ice Pike and wanted it restored, of course we all knew the gms would give him a +10 VSS Ice PICK :)
They had a quest lately with which you could upgrade non-upgradable equip, just so they could later rollback the server 3 times, and yet my bro still has a +7 poopoo hat in his storage. :D

Dont let me start on their cash shop or the localisations and sprite edits.

You don't wanna go there man. :)

Correction: they have 4X exp atm

Edited by Charon, 13 September 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#33 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

Wow. Despite going out of your way to avoid saying so, nigh all your replies were along the lines of "NEWBS CAN'T HAVE THIS CAUSE I DIDN'T QQ" To whom I say, get over yourself. Someone getting to 150 in half the time you did doesn't negatively impact you. It's just smug and/or spiteful, and a terrible reason to base any decision off of.

Anyway, more focused on OP. I don't really see the problem with the goal of "Get everyone and their mother to 150 asap". Even if it does expand the lifespan of the play, it's just boring monotonous filler, and doesn't really add anything to the experience. No. What they need to do is add more end game content to properly justify all the extra pushes to 150.

Edited by Dinosexy, 13 September 2011 - 06:32 AM.

#34 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

50% understand english
2% speak english very well

Theres like 3 bigger guilds who are wannabe international and tons of crappy arabic guilds who dont know crap about the game.
My bro is still playing with my old chars in one of them (is now like the only 99 stalker for quite a while already), and I gotta listen to the german swearing and the failed english everytime they woe LOL.
Its kinda interesting lately apparently, but occasionally they talk about how some kids buried the guild leaders dog at the balaton sea coz its the laziest dog in the world.

But like I said, the staff are idiots and listen to the wrong people all the time.
Someone once lost his +10 VS Ice Pike and wanted it restored, of course we all knew the gms would give him a +10 VSS Ice PICK :)
They had a quest lately with which you could upgrade non-upgradable equip, just so they could later rollback the server 3 times, and yet my bro still has a +7 poopoo hat in his storage. :D

Dont let me start on their cash shop or the localisations and sprite edits.

You don't wanna go there man. :)

Correction: they have 4X exp atm

Doesn't sound much different from iRO, frankly.

#35 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

Doesn't sound much different from iRO, frankly.

Dude,
you can uncard equip for 600 tahadi points
screw that, check this out: http://ro.tahadi.com/en/node/1168

and may all the merciful muhammads be with you :)

Edited by Charon, 13 September 2011 - 06:25 AM.

#36 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:30 AM

Dot dot dot.

So yeah. Despite its own issues, I'm pretty grateful for iRO, especially when seeing things like that link. o_ o

#37 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

It's basicly an arabic server.
I know that many german players switched to it as it starts because of the low upgrade stand and the english language option (btw, so far there are 4 server who offer english: iRO, fRO, aRO and mRO - with fRO and aRO not... that good... XD)
But because it's an arabic server, they censored half of the game (ok, may be a bit over the top, but still... XD):
There's nothing what resembles christanity, mostly you come across this with skills that are missing Angel graphics (most priest skills) and the base up animations (they're just jop-up animations without the "job up" writing).
Female Thief Sprite and Isis sprite are edited so you won't see a free belly or breasts - I'm assure the same goes along with any other monster showing breasts and maybe even dancers? Female Dancers also have the Baby Dancer Sprite. They even edit artworks when they show to much flesh on female characters... incl all Thief Cls Artworks...
They changed all skillnames that have something christian in it, for example Holy Light (still the english Quest-Text says Holy Light - don't know if they fixed that XD)
Don't know how much they pushed that forward with the later updates though... XD

#38 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:32 AM

Dude,
you can uncard equip for 600 tahadi points
screw that, check this out: http://ro.tahadi.com/en/node/1168

and may all the merciful muhammads be with you :)

Lol, that unban event was genius.

#39 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

Look at this

http://ro.tahadi.com/en/node/755

I would totally try upgrading a cash shop headgear to +7 so I can trade it for a +6 chain! :)

Suddenly iRO staff seem like the biggest pros regarding RO knowledge there is right?

If you ever feel like iRO is doin soemthing wrong, just check the newest patch notes on tahadi :)

Edited by Charon, 13 September 2011 - 06:35 AM.

#40 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

@dinosexy

Are you trying to say that the 95+% of the non end game content should just be removed entirely since no one is really using it? Clearly everyone plays this game to pvp/woe right? Yeah ok.

Edited by MrBudd, 13 September 2011 - 06:41 AM.

#41 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:00 AM

Derp. Thats why I said there needs to be more end game content, cause those two are practically all we have right now.

Also I didn't say anything about removing entirely, just that I'm okay with it not being excessively long. lrn2read.

Edited by Dinosexy, 13 September 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#42 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Derp. Thats why I said there needs to be more end game content, cause those two are practically all we have right now.

Also I didn't say anything about removing entirely, just that I'm okay with it not being excessively long. lrn2read.

Seeing that you're saying that we need more end game content and that eveything else up to that point is just meaningless filler, you're implying that the 95% of the content is useless and not needed because it's perfectly legit for someone to want to blaze through everything to achieve the 150/50 status and then really start playing the game. The last time I checked RO was and is a mmorpg, players were meant to spent a lot of time to go through the
game and develop their characters. The game doesn't begin when you get to end of the
content.

Basically if you need me to express it to you at a grade school level. While I do agree that we need more end game content for the sh!tloads of people that took the almost free ride to 150. There's a lot of game content that is wasted due to this bull$#!t of getting everyone
and thier mom to 150.

Edited to avoid hurting some kids feelings.

Edited by MrBudd, 13 September 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#43 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

I don't mind the events. Its just that this game lacks end game content.

#44 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

I don't mind the events. Its just that this game lacks end game content.

Aside from the turn in events. How much of the content *did* you go through?

Edited by MrBudd, 13 September 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#45 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

The game doesn't begin when you get to end of the
content.

The real "fun" begins there. Did you ever play any other MMO? It's all about reaching level cap ASAP and enjoy endgame content.
Grinding is NOT content, grinding is just time sink, I amazed how you can consider that content.

It's like having a 5 millions pages book, but 95% are blank and you have to go throught them 1 by 1.

#46 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

Who can't write effectively? It's not my fault you can't interperate :).
or maybe you're just getting defensive? :)

Anyway, you have to look at the context of the thread. If the situation was something like "Gravity has started everyone at max level" and the OP was complaining about that and I was disagreeing with his complaint, then yes, you would be arguing with more than just your presumptions of me.

Unfortunately for you, that's not the case. The topic at hand here is fast paced leveling. So by extention anything I say is going to be about that, i.e. "I'm okay with anyone being able to reach 150 in a couple of months" and not "EVERYONE SHOULD BE 150 ON SIGN UP"

You notice the difference? See, with the former example PVM and grinding content is still used, just to a lesser extent than what they used to be.

I mean god damn I simplified it to a single sentence in my last post with
"Also I didn't say anything about removing entirely, just that I'm okay with it not being excessively long. " and you think I'm implying that said content is entirely useless? As opposed to say, Useful, but nothing wrong with having it toned down. You really need to stop basing your arguments on what you imagine I'm saying.

#47 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

Aside from the turn in events. How much of the content *did* you go through?

Enough to not bore myself to death.

#48 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

/swt So anyway, before this gets locked...

A question to people who are totally for the faster levelling and plentiful exp events... IF levelling itself was more fun and there were more non-grind activities along the way, would you be so worried about how long it took to hit 150? Would you be content to move along at a slower pace or would you still want to rush through as quickly as possible to the end? In my opinion, the bigger problem lies there than the amount of exp needed or the server rates. Would the journey itself maybe hold a little more weight than it currently does if something was miraculously done about that? :\ I don't even know what kind of possibilities there are in regards to that in iRO, but I'd definitely love to see something progress instead of reliance on events to level faster.

#49 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

I wouldn't mind slower leveling if there were more ways to go about it, no. Although something like that would most likely have to initiated by KRO first.

#50 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

The real "fun" begins there. Did you ever play any other MMO? It's all about reaching level cap ASAP and enjoy endgame content.
Grinding is NOT content, grinding is just time sink, I amazed how you can consider that content.

It's like having a 5 millions pages book, but 95% are blank and you have to go throught them 1 by 1.

I really disagree with that. The grind shouldn't be just something you have to do to get to the "real" content, especially when RO particularly lacks in that area. Best case scenario, you actually enjoy fighting monsters with your buddies, learning your character and exploring the game. I think wanting to speed through that like it's meaningless takes away a lot from a game like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users