Idea for upgrade event - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Idea for upgrade event

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

What planet does Scientistic live on? And please, don't say Planet Ragnarok or Game Planet.

Highlighting a notion of interest, why is it one visit Planet Ragnarok's Airport daily, but Arena & Guild Newpapers is one's only main event? Is that all on Planet Ragnarok?

(Shakes head: The mind is a terrible thing to waste.)

Edited by Scientistic, 13 September 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#27 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

I have nothing against you. But I can not understand a thing you're saying. Am I even supposed to understand you?

#28 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

I have nothing against you. But I can not understand a thing you're saying. Am I even supposed to understand you?

As Planet Ragnarok Advisor Historian, on Planet Yggdrasil, information taking place on Planet Ragnarok is to be written with many complications, so travelers won't figure out the treasures behind the understanding, and literaturely cooked in a form so believing is failed, but meditation is supreme.

Won't force freewill enlightment i'm not. Just helping passing travelers complete their own puzzle, yet to achieve graduation, Planet Ragnarok Historians equal to Wheel Of Choosing...

(It's all in good stride.)

#29 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Don't mind him, we have him here to meet some sort of ethnic social religious quota that we need to meet. He's far less annoying than the horde of kids that believe they have a brain. Just smile, nod and remind him not to stray too far from his mommy.

#30 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

You don't recall the Red Wing hat refine event in 2009?

#31 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:15 PM

Does Scientistic use Adlibs?

Isn't that the point of an upgrading event? At least this isn't as broken as the previous free GR or Hatii card for everyone that +10 a red wing hat. XD

I think he does.

P.S. It wasn't me who neg rep'd Scientistic.

Edited by Gantrithor, 13 September 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#32 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

@Heimdallr:
Of course I do but during that event, you guys only gave rewards for the final product and even allowed Enriched Elunium to be used which gave higher chance! Also giving away GR and Hatii card and shutting down the upgrades so that you can limit the winners didn't bode well with the players. I have many friends complaining about how they couldn't even buy any red wing hats because you stop its sales every 2 or 3 hours or so! Also you guys gave out pretty broken rewords... Entire Valk sets including +5 and +7 valk sets. I wasn't here at the time so I don't remember if Red Wing Hat was available without KP purchase.

This is a more toned down version of that event but will give you a reward for just trying.

Edited by Clogon, 13 September 2011 - 11:23 PM.

#33 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

At the timely moment, my charc was six months, 12 hours, 17 minutes, and 23 seconds from being un-frozen, still rooted on the battlefield outside of Monster City.
(I recall the Idem, Equipment, Hat events that rain, but i wasn't fit to venture at the time.)

#34 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

It's hard to tell what you're trying to do by saying this.

Either:

A- You're saying upgrading events cause giant fiascos and want to avoid them
OR
B- You're saying "See, we do stuff! Stop suggesting it, we did it years ago!"

Neither of which seem productive.

Edited by Scott, 13 September 2011 - 11:32 PM.

#35 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

It's hard to tell what you're trying to do by saying this.

Either:

A- You're saying upgrading events cause giant fiascos and want to avoid them
OR
B- You're saying "See, we do stuff! Stop suggesting it, we did it years ago!"

Neither of which seem productive.

It's none of the above.

Last week, key Factions sat down to discuss Planet Ragnarok Regional Activity, based on elements of surprises, RPG style, an MMO rightful Dynasty. Beginning from the starting line to the finishing line, much was natural as losing some light, all was painted accordingly hands downs, and the construction of abbreviating New Age's Hub Special Activities, Blockbuster Missions conductive by Mecernary Corp's Elite, instead of Quest Post borderline introductions. (Daily schedule and endless adventure qualified interesting duty productions.)

Traditional as Central Decorations, many Guild Leadership and companies have abandon count, attending Sitdowns in the Capital City regarding unique artfulness with Out-World Warriors, Capital Knights, and Private Corp, before Team Rocket makes music.

So far from the agreement dating ten rains ago, Capital Knights and Private Corp concurred upon....

1- The Mecernary Guild Organization are Major seat holders titling Rank. (Check)

2- The Mecernary Guild Org being inducted into Market Value (Stocks), and Game Court passing ruling on The Blacksmiths VS Game Hall, which brought about manyBlackmarketeers. (Check)

3- Mecernary Bodyguard Offices Planet globle. (Check)

4- Mecernary Representativeship in the Capital, (Check)

6- Mecernary Merchants Network, (Check)

-( Endless Adventuring is good motion.)-

#36 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

this is interest...very good indeed, brain juice well squeezed i'd say

#37 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

this is interest...very good indeed, brain juice well squeezed i'd say

- Voting Exchange (Check)

- Castle Barrack Recruiting- Riddle Location- (Check)

- The Quest Office (Check)

- Onloading/Facegrading surrounding Planet Ragnarok Regions (Check)

- Private Sectors reestablishing communication with the outside (Check)

- City Barracks Recruiting (Check)

- Influencing Development (Check)

- Daily Development (Check)

- Secert Developments (Check)

- The Beginning Of The New Age (Check)

(Check means each idea has been done already, and why has plenty remain undiscovered? Who's in control of the're own adventure/ Who's driving?)

Plenty Thanks for acknowledging juices maybe squeezed, but the next Game generation ended with all Changes in a Hall Of Fame Battle. Each Faction drew their Blade's representation dear to ideals, nor were Members light-weights. That is history.

Edited by Scientistic, 18 September 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#38 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

Scientistic strikes again!

i swear this guy is some sort of reverse genius

#39 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

That's pretty damn awesome.

Opened MVP Card Album. Gets a crappy Orisis card :D

#40 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

if I opened an mvp album I'd get a moonlight flower card

Thoughts on that aRO event:
wuh?@long mace. How is that every healer's dream? Long mace is just as useful at +0 as it is at +10 >_>. Even pre-renewal, you should be looking at Glorious Cure Wand instead. Also, if you're spending that much money and elu on making a +10 twin ribbon... it begs to ask the question... why not upgrade the fricken long mace instead? The success rate is the same, and the base item costs very little! They want you to spend hundreds of dollars on enriched elu and twin ribbons just to win something that you could make with the same invested effort/money >_>. And its not even a good item! I'd rather have the +10 ribbons than the +10 mace >_____>. Someone mentioned the +6 chain too, another good point. Trade an item with 3 unsafe upgrades for one with NO UNSAFE UPGRADES >_______>

Edited by Jaye, 19 September 2011 - 06:47 AM.

#41 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Reason I brought up the Red Wing Hat event was just to prod your memory that we have done events like that.

We have done events where we discount the zeny requirement and so forth as well. I'm not sure what else you want from the event other than easier cheaper upgrades? Doing an event where we reward final product is most feasible because it is easy for us to track (the item is __ and it exists now) but tracking everyone who got something to +X during the event is a bit harder.

We could do an event where the upgrade stones/certificates could be earned, and the z cost reduced. That would certainly incentivize upgrading but wouldn't really be rewarding the process of upgrading.

#42 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Is it possible for you to program an upgrade NPC that works only on the specific headgear to give something upon failure/success?

#43 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

but zeny and item requirements arent what hold people back from upgrading, its the crappy rates and the fact that if it fails, thats it, its over unless you have more of the item.

#44 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Jayrad: Yes it can be scary to upgrade sometimes, but there is also a huge surplus of many gears in the game as the odds of them dropping are pretty high considering how often they can be killed. Plus at this point it is possible to upgrade safely, granted you will need to potentially buy some stuff from the kafra shop or from other players, but it is possible.

NoxiousOrchid : Yes it is possible, but what sort of upgrading? Certificate, HD, HE or normal? And what sort of item would you want to give out? I'm intrigued by what may be in your mind's eye theater regarding this, so please share.

#45 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

Jayrad: Yes it can be scary to upgrade sometimes, but there is also a huge surplus of many gears in the game as the odds of them dropping are pretty high considering how often they can be killed. Plus at this point it is possible to upgrade safely, granted you will need to potentially buy some stuff from the kafra shop or from other players, but it is possible.

NoxiousOrchid : Yes it is possible, but what sort of upgrading? Certificate, HD, HE or normal? And what sort of item would you want to give out? I'm intrigued by what may be in your mind's eye theater regarding this, so please share.

Heim, the event stated in this thread (read opening post's link to aRO's website blog) reads entirely as the script for the Enriched Elunium upgrading detecting the upgrades as they happen and spawning old blue boxes and the like (re: previous post). Not as GMs checking upgrades manually and rewarding (re: your 03:11 PM post).

#46 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

And I'm asking you what items would you want it to spawn? I'm not going to copy an ROs event unless it is something we were already working on. I'd rather do an event that actually fits what our players want. Last time I checked I don't see a ton of people complaining that they don't have enough OBBs in the market. Plus how many of you want to use HE elu and risk item breaking?

#47 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

What's with this:
Put in game:
- a new NPC (another dwarf for example)
- a new kind of certificate that allows you only to upgrade at this special npc
- a new Headgear that's worth upgrading and can only be upgraded by this one NPC (make it non-upgradeable for events duration, but program the NPC to upgrade this headgea alone)

And you can be sure that the upgrade is only done during the event.
For less effort you could just put a new headgear ingame, but then you can't overlook if it wasn't upgraded by Enriched and HD Elu.

Now, make this NPC taking Elunium only. Or Enriched as well, but for the same rate.
Every chance of success is the one of normal Elunium.
The certificate isn't an item that is used up, but an item that stays permanently for events duration (dissapears afterwards). It can be gained by an ingame quest or for a little amound of KP from the shop. It shouldn't be an Event that forces you not only to get the upgrade material (Elunium) but also a used up CS item... that would take the upgrade fun out of it.
The headgear though - I would also reccommend to be an quest reward, make the quest repeatable, but only once a day (like TI), make the quest take a bit of time (maybe killing 100-200 monsters, different kinds for several levelranges, one monster for low chars 1-50, one for middle chars, 51-100, one for 3rd jobs, 101-130 and one for high chars, 131-150), but not too much time consuming as well.
Also, this headgear could be able to traded in for Merry Badges and, of course, be a Cash Shop item.

Finally, reward everyone that upgraded this item to +10, +9, +8 and +7 with several neat prices (would also mean that someone who brings it to +10 earns the prices for +7, +8 and +9 as well, so prices should be choosed wisely).

Is that an idea that fits your thoughts, Heim? :3

#48 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Well NPC can't determine what upgrade level something is when it is in your inventory (if it did we would have safety nets on the turnins to verify you want to give away your +7 "thing".

I'm not sure what inentive there is to push the event? So you earn a hat, and you just keep upgrading with your permanent upgrade stone? Everyone would win as it would just be a who can click the longest. If doing this sort of thing it would by necesity be a new equipment piece else it would harm sales.

Although the idea you have does give me an idea for a possible spin off.
Take gear: to a special NPC (gear can be gotten 1 per day via quest, or purchased from kafra shop)

NPC spam upgrades it until it breaks, where you failed is how many "points" that char gets. If you get high enough you get instant prizes. Points could be spent on some sort of daily prizes (not eden merit badges as those have too much value for a free repeatable giveaway.).

#49 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

No, you got it wrong ^^
I mean having a Certificate that allows you to upgrade at all, like the Eden Badge you need to do quests at all :D
But for the upgrading process, you'll need Elunium and this is used up with every try. Also, it's (of course) not a safe upgrade after reaching +4, like normally.
If you now do this with points or not is a question of programming, what's easier wins I guess :D

And actually, I thought of maybe sending in a screenshot. Means, you keep your upgraded headgear.

Additionally thoughts:
Make the item charbound for events duration, that prevents of passing the headgear along.
Also, it may be a nice choice to allow a char to only own one of the headgear at a time. If you wanna participate again after reaching +10, you need to use another Character, meaning making the quest for the certificate/buying the certificate again, so the Character is allowed to take part.
See this Certificate as an Entrance Ticket -_-

#50 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

rutana you should make a flow chart so that its easier to understand what youre trying to say, its kind of confusing

my idea is similar to the aRO event because i think its a very good idea.
step one: do an event quest to get the event headgear (give headgear good effects that stack with upgrade <maybe rideword effect that scales with upgrade?>) *repeatable once per day*
step two: do another quest to earn 1-4 of a single item (etc item, no value other than for the quest, character bound) which is consumed for one upgrade attempt. 2-4 hour cooldown.
step three: based on how high the hat gets when it breaks (read: if the hat breaks going from +8>9 players receives the reward for 8, not 9, this should be a given, but for clarity's sake) reward the player with an item for their efforts.
*rewards should go as follows:
0-1 1 event hat (because player obv has bad luck)
1-2 3 ygg seeds
2-3 3 ygg berries
3-4 1-3 event pet tame set
4-5 1 random upgrade 5-7 armor, headgear, weapon certificate
5-6 2 of above
6-7 3 of above (read: not the same, one random action per each drawing. for example, if my hat fails going from +6>7 then i have the chance of getting one of each, 2 of one one of another and none of the last, or 3 of one.)
7-8 2-3 bloody branches
8-9 accepting suggestions for this prize
9-10 1 +9>10 upgrade certificate
if player makes a +10 JAYRADS AWESOME EVENT HAT player wins a decarding service ticket that is tradeable and has a chance to break either the armor/weapon or the card, by the players choice. the player will always choose which one they get out of the npc, breaking chance is fairly low (70/30) but still exists. For example. I have a +10 Hard Valk armor with Vit +3 enchant, i have the decarding ticket. I talk to the npc and it tells me that if something in the process should go wron the the npc can salvage one item in the event. obviously i will choose the card because anyone can make a +10 valk armor witha vit+3 enchant but that was my very first card on the server so i want the back for remembrance. anyway, the process fails and i get my card back (or armor with the same refinement and hidden enchant) and the armor (or card) goes into baphomet's stomach only to come out as a yggdrasil berry one day as an MVP reward.

for clarification: upgrade npc does not conform to the upgrade rates of the server (read: no safe refinement levels), upgrade npc has no zeny requirement, neither does the decard npc. the hat quest should be fairly easy with a dumb item requirement like feathers (noobs got so rich off of this with rabbit earmuff quest) to make it noob friendly. and the quest with the upgrade item reward should just be like go kill 200 of this monster (scales with level like the CoD quest)

Edited by JAYRAD, 19 September 2011 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users