Best server to play on for WoE? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best server to play on for WoE?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 meincaiser

meincaiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

Hey guys, I was looking to play a bit of RO just for nostalgia's sake and I was wondering which server was best to start on for the best PvP/WoE experience. I'll be playing on a VIP account since the money is no problem. I've heard that Valkyrie's 80% bots but on the other hand Ymir's population looks a bit low; not sure about Yggdrasil.

It'd be great to hear from you guys about which server to play on. Is it worth playing among bots if it means cheaper items being vended or is WoE more fun on VIP servers?

#2 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:36 AM

Want a PVP/WOE population but with the bots around Prontera and some maps, Yea Id say Valkyrie. /gawi

My PVP video (Valkyrie); Showing population...

Yea lots of trolls though... /meh

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 15 September 2011 - 04:38 AM.

#3 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:59 AM

Valkyrie or Ygg is what I'd suggest.

#4 meincaiser

meincaiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:04 AM

Sorta leaning towards Valk now. Better population and street prices balance out the number of bots and the higher exp rate in Ymir :|

#5 Ririna

Ririna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUruguay
  • Server:Valkyrie/Ymir

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

Valkyrie.

#6 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

For WoE, Ymir is better than all of the servers currently. Valk has more people in pvp.

There's not a huge difference in population really. Valk's numbers are inflated by megatons of bots.

#7 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

everyone but you (you being a new person) has god items on ymir. dont go there to woe

#8 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

For WoE, Ymir is better than all of the servers currently. Valk has more people in pvp.

There's not a huge difference in population really. Valk's numbers are inflated by megatons of bots.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhNooooo.....

Even if its inflated by bots, valk server population is way bigger than ymirs, has a more active WoE enviorment (i dont see WoE related threads from ymir, and there have been some from valk server, that alone shows you there IS activity)

Ygg server siege is controled solely by Valkyrie Guild, you can see that on multiple posts and threads against the opening of more ygg server castles.....

#9 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhNooooo.....

Even if its inflated by bots, valk server population is way bigger than ymirs, has a more active WoE enviorment (i dont see WoE related threads from ymir, and there have been some from valk server, that alone shows you there IS activity)

Ygg server siege is controled solely by Valkyrie Guild, you can see that on multiple posts and threads against the opening of more ygg server castles.....

YeahhhhhhYes......

Also, God items hardly have the impact they did pre-renewal. I have played on both servers, so I definitely know what I'm talking about.

To the OP, most of these people posting are extremely biased because they play on Valk. It's not a bad server and Ygg isn't bad either, people just treat it like a polished turd.

#10 meincaiser

meincaiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

You guys make it so painful to decide <_<.

Ymir still has that exp bonus right? Think I'm still leaning towards Valk...

#11 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

vip = bonus, np vip = no bonus

best pvp experience all depends on what you want.

do you want to go against decked out people in pvp with god/mvp stuff that are average or only decent with said items? go ymir
do you want to go against a lot more people in pvp but never really face any sort of challenge if you are decent since majority in pvp is below average? go valk (also go to valk if you enjoy tea parties in pvp, which is 10 or so people sitting down and talking)

the woe scene on ymir is far better than on valk. but if you are starting out again, i would choose valk since it still has action and is easier to handle in transitioning back to renewal.

ymir woe atm is like once you go ymir, you kick valk in the rear

Edited by Andini, 15 September 2011 - 07:58 AM.

#12 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

vip = bonus, np vip = no bonus

best pvp experience all depends on what you want.

do you want to go against decked out people in pvp with god/mvp stuff that are average or only decent with said items? go ymir
do you want to go against a lot more people in pvp but never really face any sort of challenge if you are decent since majority in pvp is below average? go valk (also go to valk if you enjoy tea parties in pvp, which is 10 or so people sitting down and talking)

the woe scene on ymir is far better than on valk. but if you are starting out again, i would choose valk since it still has action and is easier to handle in transitioning back to renewal.

ymir woe atm is like once you go ymir, you kick valk in the rear

Well said. He probably knows better than anyone, since I think he's still active on both servers.

#13 meincaiser

meincaiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Ah, thanks for that advice. I'm starting on Valk now, if I get to the point where I want serious WoE, I might transfer my char to Ymir.

#14 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

I feel I should stick up for Ygg in this topic and give some reasons as to why a new account would do well to go to Ygg and Woe here.

Ygg is the youngest of the servers its got no God items and the numbers of 150 is still low compaired to other servers.

On Ygg even a lvl 120 player can make a real difference to a guild and most of the woe guilds here would be happy to recruit you and genuinely see you as a useful member and friend.

If you put in effort here you can quickly establish yourself in the community and become well liked and respected player, alot of the different guild mingle and hang out together in eden group and there isnt any guild vs guild hates commonly seen between rival guilds making it a more friendly atmosphere. You wont find many superiority complex long time 150 players here either.

Gear is also less of a requirement and you could happily run around in an immune and Cran shield and still win your fair number of 1v1 fights and small group duels.

Valk guild here may well win 10 castles per woe and 'dominate' but in general they arent the ones warring and the fights are often between the other Ygg player guilds like volkiba and Warrior Nation. These fights are a good laugh and improving in quality each week as members lvl/gear up. Valk members get involved in some of these fights but dont ruin them as they often on lower alts and are also nice people who dont go bullying new players.

Ygg is definatly the place to go if your looking for a more rookie friendly woe against players learning their trade who wont just one shot you. Its the place to go if you want to be anything more than just cannon fodder for the 150 godlike geared guilds found elsewhere.

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

Also for Yggdrasil server, you don't have to deal with many people wearing Glorious weapons since the server is still young and I doubt anyone other than a couple guilds have invested time in KvM/Battlegrounds. Also, there are only 3-4 people with Deviling and Ghostring gears. In Ymir and Valkyrie, almost every active WoE guilds and their moms got God items and both Deviling and Ghostring. It's just troublesome to deal with especially if you don't own any overupgraded gears or a Glorious weapon yourself. :smooch:

#16 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

on valk there is probably 6 or so carded drs and prob 1/6 is on a person that knows how to use it in a woe setting, and why would anyone need to do kvm anymore when the majority of people that have overupped kvm got them from boxes and upgrade events? there will be a lot more grs/drs soon with the increasing amount of ocas from castles as valk and other guilds can prob easily econ a bunch now that all castles are open

he said money is no problem, and thus when the next kvm set come out or bg medal, he can get the weapon he needs if he so desires

Edited by Andini, 15 September 2011 - 09:47 AM.

#17 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

Sorta leaning towards Valk now. Better population and street prices balance out the number of bots and the higher exp rate in Ymir :|

theres no higher exp rate in ymir

#18 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

I think Valkyrie it's the better choice. There are "low level" guild and "high level" guilds and everyone fight on siege. Yggdrasil should be a good choice too but I don't know if there are a "fair" competition there (I'm based on what I've seen at ropd so I'd be wrong xD)

#19 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

I agree that you should give Yggdrasil a chance. Like the others have said, WoE on Ygg is much better for newer players. No god items have been created yet (although we'll probably see one within the next month or two, I'm sure) and you can do decently in WoE with minimal reduction gear and a typical high-end weapon. So you can actually be effective in WoE much faster on Ygg than on other servers. Although there are not as many guilds to choose from, we are gaining more participating guilds each week. Over the past 3 WoEs or so, I've seen about 3-4 new guilds pop into the picture. So we do have a decent variety. I don't think you'll have a problem finding a guild here that you won't make friends in. If you do choose Ygg and need a small list of WoE guilds, I would be happy to provide you one with one. Good luck choosing. =)

#20 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

150 on valk, transfer to ymir for woe.

#21 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

want to be the best and go against the best? go Ymir

#22 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

want to be the best and go against the best? go Ymir

ymir is for rich punks, if you want the real thing go Valkyrie, i mean ...

Ymir

Valkyrie

#23 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:45 PM

ymir is for rich punks, if you want the real thing go Valkyrie, i mean ...

Ymir

1.-Minute 3:30 CURSED CIRCLE EXAMPLE OF HOW OVERPOWERED IT IS(PLS HEIM, ODA, ANY GM, CHECK THIS VIDEO AT THAT MINUTE)
2.-As far i counted 3 mageclasses there, 1 warlock 2 sorcs in the whole video
3.-Snap should be disabled from woe

#24 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:22 AM

the only use for a DR in woe is to survive a fist, and u need to swap it out most of the time since most of the damage done in woe is elemental ( meaning u will take 50% more damage with DR)

#25 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

1.-Minute 3:30 CURSED CIRCLE EXAMPLE OF HOW OVERPOWERED IT IS(PLS HEIM, ODA, ANY GM, CHECK THIS VIDEO AT THAT MINUTE)
2.-As far i counted 3 mageclasses there, 1 warlock 2 sorcs in the whole video
3.-Snap should be disabled from woe

Here we go again. :smooch:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users