• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Seiken7

Seiken7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

THE SPAM BOTS ARE BACK!! Its just like nothing happened. Probably I'm thinking Warpportal or GMs or Developers of this game should start to have like a filter system of IP address because i'm pretty sure all of this spam bots are just in the same place its just the owner all of this spam bots just making accounts over and over again.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

Once again, someone who doesn't know what they're talking about if they think IP blocking is gonna help. Don't ban them, Mute them specifically where it won't wear off like the others. It seems to take the bot operators longer to realize they've been Muted than when they're banned.

#3 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

dont you just love it when people think an ip addy is something permanent that cant be changed

#4 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

seek and destroy, hire a hacker to destroy then

#5 Seiken7

Seiken7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Depends, if the creators of all this bots doesn't have a static IP address pretty he/she is bound IP and so there is no way for them to change their IP so their is a possibility of IP ban, because bound IP is based on the ethernet MAC address of the computer which doesn't change at all. Unless they'll have their ISP to have their IP address change.

#6 Seiken7

Seiken7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

Since some IP address can be change but ethernet MAC address doesn't change, and i believe there is a way for network admins to trace the unique MAC Address which doesn't change at all even they change the IP address many times.

#7 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Since some IP address can be change but ethernet MAC address doesn't change, and i believe there is a way for network admins to trace the unique MAC Address which doesn't change at all even they change the IP address many times.

Meh MAC spoofing is so stupidly simple it's not worth it. Hell 98% of routers sold in the last 8 years or so can and do spoof MAC addresses for older ISPs ( mostly DSL) that "require" a direct connection to a specific MAC addressed card.... haven't run across any of those in years.

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:43 AM

By use of proxy you can make any proxy server globally appear to be the source of your communication (IP+MAC). Since proxy servers are spread by virus infection, you'll never close all the proxy servers. Thousands open up weekly.

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

If i had 100k for everytime I heard/saw someone say, "just IP ban them"...

#10 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

Of course there are technological means of banning them, but Gravity US is not allowed to make changes to the game software. That is the major problem. Bots do not behave like humans at all. It would be very easy to track them with the proper modifications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users