14 replies to this topic

#1 xiaoma

xiaoma

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

Just want to confirm somethings.

Is it true to say that even when I already have spells, like eg. 2 Comet, in Reading Spellbook , I can still change the contents of Reading Spellbook when I read Books of other spells?

Release is say to let out all seal spells , so does that mean I can release Storm Gust & Chain Lighting together just by using Release once to make a combo ?

In iRO wiki ,this is shown :Slots = (4+4*Freezing Spell Lv) + floor(BLv/10) + floor(Int/10). Is it correct? Meaning if I have Lv5 Freezing Spell , BLv150 & 120 Int, I will have 24+15+12=51 slots ?

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:27 AM

There's a limit. The max slots you can use for each spell is 46 and could be achieved if you are level 150 and have 120 INT and have Freezing Spell level 5. The formula is:
(4+4*Freezing Spell Lv) + floor(BLv/15) + floor(Int/10)

The value of each spell is:
Cold Bolt 7
Fire Bolt 7
Lightning Bolt 7
Thunderstorm 9
Earth Spike 8
Heaven's Drive 9
Jupitel Thunder 9
Lord of Vermilion 10
Meteor Storm 10
Storm Gust 10
Water Ball 9
Chain Lightning 12
Crimson Rock 12
Drain Life 8
Earth Strain 12
Comet 22
Tetra Vortex 22

Once you have read your limit any spellbooks you read after will not be stored unless you release the old ones or if you relog. Also, only 1 spell is released per Release. Release cannot be interrupted, so the only advantage of it is instant cast. It's always better to manually cast and Mystic Amplify spells for more damage unless the situation doesn't allow you to cast too long like in WoE/PvP settings.

#3 xiaoma

xiaoma

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

There's a limit. The max slots you can use for each spell is 46 and could be achieved if you are level 150 and have 120 INT and have Freezing Spell level 5. The formula is:
(4+4*Freezing Spell Lv) + floor(BLv/15) + floor(Int/10)

The value of each spell is:
Cold Bolt 7
Fire Bolt 7
Lightning Bolt 7
Thunderstorm 9
Earth Spike 8
Heaven's Drive 9
Jupitel Thunder 9
Lord of Vermilion 10
Meteor Storm 10
Storm Gust 10
Water Ball 9
Chain Lightning 12
Crimson Rock 12
Drain Life 8
Earth Strain 12
Comet 22
Tetra Vortex 22

Once you have read your limit any spellbooks you read after will not be stored unless you release the old ones or if you relog. Also, only 1 spell is released per Release. Release cannot be interrupted, so the only advantage of it is instant cast. It's always better to manually cast and Mystic Amplify spells for more damage unless the situation doesn't allow you to cast too long like in WoE/PvP settings.

If I get you correctly , you mean ONCE Release is used, the OLDEST stored spellbook will be gone and a new one can be stored right ? Or is it like in iRO wiki says : Randomly Releases 1 of all memorised spells ? Anyways , it means slots will be free again once Release us used,right ?

Is here a cast delay after Release? Is there a casting time for Reading Spell?

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

If I get you correctly , you mean ONCE Release is used, the OLDEST stored spellbook will be gone and a new one can be stored right ? Or is it like in iRO wiki says : Randomly Releases 1 of all memorised spells ? Anyways , it means slots will be free again once Release us used,right ?

Is here a cast delay after Release? Is there a casting time for Reading Spell?

Not sure if it uses the oldest memorized spell on released since I don't keep any spells other than 2 comets on my spellbook. It could be random, it could be ordered, not sure. Ask Wizard for details.

Yes, you are basically freeing up space for every release. Let's say you have a max slot of 20. You decided to store Meteor Storm and Storm Gust. If you release Meteor Storm, you have 10 free slots to store any spell that's 10 slots or lower.

Release's cast delay depends on the spell you released, although it's much quicker than manually casting it. It could vary.

Reading Spellbook has a cast time, but I'm not sure what's the exact since it's not stated on the wiki. Right now it takes me about 3-4 seconds to cast it with 80 Base Dex.

#5 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

Released skill is up to release lvl skill. I didnt test it a lot, but as far as my test went (freezing spell lvl 0 so i could only store 2 spells at a time, have to test now that im able to store 3 when i have time). Lvl 1 release, release the skills in inverse order (last read is first released) and lvl 2 release do the opposite (i can be wrong and mistake what lvl does what, not sure atm, but im 100% confident that one lvl do the opposite to the other and its not random). As I stated, need to be tested with 3 or more stored spells, but im pretty short of time righ now and cant even play some woes due to rl issues... Will posts my results once i can do them if no1 did it before.

After you cast delay, like said before, you get the after skill delay as usual, if its storm gust and your not on strings, you have to wait some time before can cast other skill (like if you casted it manualy). So its usefull in 2 situations 1- To make some skill instant cast and evade its cast time (usefull on long cast skills or while your being hit). 2- To bypass skill cooldown(for example comet cooldown or earth strain, to cast it manualy you have to wait a bit till it becomes avaible again after cast it a first time, instead you can release them as fast as you want and read them again without having to wait).

#6 Densebrains

Densebrains

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

Just want to confirm somethings.

Is it true to say that even when I already have spells, like eg. 2 Comet, in Reading Spellbook , I can still change the contents of Reading Spellbook when I read Books of other spells?

Release is say to let out all seal spells , so does that mean I can release Storm Gust & Chain Lighting together just by using Release once to make a combo ?

In iRO wiki ,this is shown :Slots = (4+4*Freezing Spell Lv) + floor(BLv/10) + floor(Int/10). Is it correct? Meaning if I have Lv5 Freezing Spell , BLv150 & 120 Int, I will have 24+15+12=51 slots ?

Hi Xiaoma,

I actually tested this out myself on my Warlock and I conclude 2 things:

1. You cannot release all spells at once, only one at a time
2. The spells that you release are not in order but at random, thus if you want 1 specific spell you will need to memorise/read just 1 spell for 100% chance of releasing the spell.

If you check iro Wiki I actually made an additional note regarding the skill Release.

If you are not a magic stone thrower but rather an AoE releasing Warlock, Release lvl 1 is all you need.

Release lvl 2 does nothing for memorised AoE spells.

#7 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:08 AM

2. The spells that you release are not in order but at random, thus if you want 1 specific spell you will need to memorise/read just 1 spell for 100% chance of releasing the spell.

It releases the last spell you memorised first.

#8 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

yess... this an old thread but its relevant to what im fiddling wiht...

at 150 with 120+17 int, 3 points in Freezing Spellbook, I have exactly 40 Slots(tested it with different book combinations)

based on this formula...

Slots = (4+4*Freezing Spell Lv) + floor(BLv/10) + floor(Int/10)
Slots = (4+4*3) + floor(150/10) + floor(120/10) (wtf does floor mean? im assuming w/o buffs or +points)
Slots = (4+12) + 15 + 12
Slots = (16) + 15 + 12
Slots = (16) + 27
Slots = 43
it says i have 43 points which i know not to be true..
seriously i tested i can cast 2 crimson rocks a heavens drive and a firebolt 12+12+9+7=40
but not Tetra Vortex Crimson Rock + firebolt 22+12+7=41

so i thought ok maybe it actually means the +int i have too..

so i did

Slots = (4+4*Freezing Spell Lv) + floor(BLv/10) + floor(Int/10)
Slots = (4+4*3) + 150/10 + (120+17)/10
Slots = (4+12) + 15 + (137)/10
Slots = 16 + 15 + 13.7
Slots = 31 + 13.7
Slots = 44.7 thats even higher..

so is the formula wrong?
wtf does floor mean?

Edited by Helios0, 06 May 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#9 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

http://forums.warppo...lance-formulas/
On the Post-Balance Patch Formulas it gives this description.
https://docs.google....bZrdM7IcbfcVR9U
Freezing Spell

(Skill Level x 4) + (Caster’s Base Level / 10) + (Caster’s INT / 10)

I'm guessing the formula would be along these lines.

Slots = (Skill Level x 4) + (Caster’s Base Level / 10) + (Caster’s INT / 10)
Slots = (4*3) + (150/10) + (130/10)
Slots = (12) + 15 + 13
Slots = 40

Edited by Riakuta, 06 May 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#10 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

i could have sworn they changed the formula during the 14.1 patch to what was on iro wiki.. hell i even remember reading some feedback on the balance patch forums about how the formula was so much better with the + 4 in there.. hmm..

weird.. iro wiki needs to be updated then

#11 afrodissjak2

afrodissjak2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:40 AM

Guys I got a question about Reading Spellbook/ Release: do I have to read spellbook I want to realease over and over again, or spell just needs to be stored?

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

for each time you release you consume one of the times you've read it

#13 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:02 AM

lol DAT necro, and to your question, yes you need to read the spell everytime you want to release something, you basically store one spell each time you use reading spellbook, the ammount of spells you can store will also vary depending on how many slots you have available, look on irowiki for the exact formula of freezing spell so you can calculate how many slots you have depending on your int and freezing spell skill learned.

#14 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

Reading Necromancy Spellbook -> Release Cinnabomb Wrath :heh:

#15 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama