Problem with Bloody Roar Katar - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with Bloody Roar Katar

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

Ok so i bought a band new Bloody Roar today to test it as a new woe katar as a second best to KvM (to test it anyway). I went to rachel to test it and for some odd reason i was getting hit on basically ever shot. Im wondering to myself what the problem is then i looked at my stats and there it was...my flee was cut into half. When i put my BG katar back on my flee returned. Here is SS i took after the fact:

This one is me with only my BG katar on:

Posted Image]

This one is with the Bloody Roar:

Posted Image

Now if the katar actually read that it reduced stuff like flee then i would have never bought it. But this is all the description says:

Posted Image

No where in there does it say it reduces any stats.

Can the GM's fix this (i guess unknown) problem...

Edited by CheddarJack, 16 September 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#2 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1265/

Reduces the user's Flee Rate by the sum of their base Agi and base level.

But yeah, it's silly it's not in the description.

Edited by Shiroi17, 16 September 2011 - 07:16 AM.

#3 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

the katar works like that since long time ago, it sucks that many descriptions of weapons are wrong

#4 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

Thats stupid...you would that that would be added in, hopefully the damage makes up for it since crit is reduced by def now and it ignores def

Its kinda dumb though that the stronger you get (base lvl) actually hinders you when using it...

Edited by CheddarJack, 16 September 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#5 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

katars seem to have messed up descriptions in general. for example doesn't the ingame description of the infiltrator mention that is does 50% more dmg on demi-human.

i have another question concerning this. on basically every webpage on the net the bradium brooch [1] gives +4 crit when the users base agi is 120. it doesn't have that part on the iffcial iro description though.

so my question: do bradium brooches give +4 crit at 120base agi on iro or do they not?

does anyone know?

Edited by Agahim, 16 September 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

Working as intended.

#7 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

So in exchange for disabling natural hp/sp recovery and dropping your flee to literally uselessness on a class that one of their specialties is being able to dodge things... it ignores defense on demihumans.

Yeah I think I'll stick with my battleground katar.

Not even hallucination walk will make up for that ridiculous flee penalty, not in WoE at least.

#8 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

So in exchange for disabling natural hp/sp recovery and dropping your flee to literally uselessness on a class that one of their specialties is being able to dodge things... it ignores defense on demihumans.

Yeah I think I'll stick with my battleground katar.

Not even hallucination walk will make up for that ridiculous flee penalty, not in WoE at least.

Basically...just got my BG katar to +6 so its a little better now and i still get my flee+more

#9 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

Wrong descriptions everywhere, BONE PLATE IS WEARABLE BY TRANS THIEF, MERCHANT AND SWORDSMANS! NOT JUST THIEVES!!!!

#10 Fanny

Fanny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Wrong descriptions everywhere, BONE PLATE IS WEARABLE BY TRANS THIEF, MERCHANT AND SWORDSMANS! NOT JUST THIEVES!!!!

also has more def than described!

#11 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

That's why I don't use one. Not sure, does the KVM version of it do anything sneaky like that, or is it all covered in it's description?

Huh. Haven't seen many people using skins anymore. Posted Image

#12 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:55 PM

The bloody roar isn't that bad when you think about using it with meteor assault or rolling cutter on mobs. You'll usually have enough monsters on you to reduce your flee to garbage anyways. In woe flee is nerfed already so it's not like it's going to help you there either. However it does lack the damage boost the bg, KVM and infiltrator have. Really only useful on demis with really high def.

#13 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

If your facing a mob of high def demi-humans, use counterslash it ignores def by default (no need for combat knife). I didnt realise it was a 50% penalty, i thought it was -30 flee when it was first launched.

#14 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:30 AM

If your facing a mob of high def demi-humans, use counterslash it ignores def by default (no need for combat knife). I didnt realise it was a 50% penalty, i thought it was -30 flee when it was first launched.

Its can actually be worse than 50% flee loss. Cause the formula is that it minuses the flee = (base agi)+ (base lvl).

I think now that the lvl cap is 150 maybe they should change the forumla because worse case a GX has 120 agi and is lvl 150 that would be an automatic -270 flee. That would only be -50% if you had 540 flee (which is hard to get without halu walk).

Edited by CheddarJack, 18 September 2011 - 06:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users