darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

since mastersmiths at job lvl 70 get a 10% better chance at upgrading weapons then NPC's.what happens when you change to mechanic? do you lose that chance since they cant get to job 70 or do they still keep that 10% chance? if someone asked about this already here can i get a link to that post because i cant find anything on this. thanks in advance

#2 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

Since the higher success chances depend on the Job Levels, a Job Level 50 Mechanic would lose the extra 10% chance and would have the same upgrade rates as any refining NPC. I've had asked Heim about this days after Renewal was implemented and he gave me that answer.

#3 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

I've never had a problem with upgrading from job 10 all the way to job 50. Even at job 10 it didn't seem any worse really. I mean if it was really based on job levels I should have failed significantly more when I changed to mechanic

Edited by MrBudd, 17 September 2011 - 02:41 AM.

#4 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

I've never had a problem with upgrading from job 10 all the way to job 50. Even at job 10 it didn't seem any worse really. I mean if it was really based on job levels I should have failed significantly more when I changed to mechanic

You clearly haven't looked up the skill. The way it works is that your base rate is that of the NPC, and you get +0.5% chance for every job level beyond 50. This means that at 3rd job, it does NOTHING. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. 10 skill points in the toilet.

#5 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

Clearly as the guy that got to the #1 spot in the blacksmith rankings by upgrading $#!t I made, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe I should stop actually playing and learning to pseudo play based on supposed theory like some people around here ...... OR ...... maybe you should shut the :D up and actually so some extensive testing of the skill yourself BEFORE you start talking like you know your sh!t.

Ps. I hope you brought your credentials here with you if you plan to continue this debate. Otherwise I'd highly suggest you keep quiet and let this thread fade to avoid looking like a retard, unless of course that's your goal here, in which case good job /no1

Edited by MrBudd, 17 September 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#6 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

Clearly as the guy that got to the #1 spot in the blacksmith rankings by upgrading $#!t I made, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe I should stop actually playing and learning to pseudo play based on supposed theory like some people around here ...... OR ...... maybe you should shut the :D up and actually so some extensive testing of the skill yourself BEFORE you start talking like you know your sh!t.

Ps. I hope you brought your credentials here with you if you plan to continue this debate. Otherwise I'd highly suggest you keep quiet and let this thread fade to avoid looking like a retard, unless of course that's your goal here, in which case good job /no1

The problem is that unlike u they can only go by what is said in game or by heim. I do recall a kRO fix to this so that a Mechanic will always ahve master smith's refinement:

http://forums.irowik...&postcount=4662

The problem is that I can't seem to find the fix on any patch notes. Gravity did seem to have fixed the promised issues though.

Edit:
Damn jRO moved their q&A thingy so this is the best I can find:
http://forums.irowik...&postcount=4669

Edited by Clogon, 17 September 2011 - 11:08 PM.

#7 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

The problem is that unlike u they can only go by what is said in game or by heim.

No the problem is the automatic assumption that everyone is full of sh!t when they give first hand experience that contradicts what is commonly accepted. Maybe I should
have kept quiet and kept my findings to myself for my own advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users