price hike of green ale on valk - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

price hike of green ale on valk

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 lrresponsible

lrresponsible

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

A few days ago, green ales were about 95-100k apiece on Valkyrie. Suddenly they're up to 150-200k. What gives?

#2 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

greedy people?

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Someone noticed they still sold at 150-200 and the market corrected itself?

Price is determined by people like the one below
v v v v v v v v v v

Edited by Jaye, 19 September 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#4 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

I am partly to blame for buying 1k, 200k Z ales. It was WoE and I didnt have ales, dont judge me.

#5 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

Supply is running low. Demand remains the same. Price goes up.

#6 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

Supply is running low. Demand remains the same. Price goes up.

true story

#7 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

the old price of ygg seed was 250k, the green ale its a bit more light than seeds, then i think that still worth paying 200k per ale

#8 Smiggies

Smiggies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

Nothing has inherent value...it's worth exactly as much as people are willing to pay. I had no problem selling some today for 150k. So, they are worth 150k to some people. Chipotle paid 200k for some, so they were worth at least 200k to Chipotle.

They restore 50% of both HP and SP, but have a weight of only 3. That's a pretty good item. And they haven't been readily obtainable for almost half a year. It shouldn't surprise anyone that their price would suddenly increase as thousands are used twice a week during WoE. Give it another month and, unless there is a major zeny sink like a raffle, you should expect them to be even more expensive.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

If I got 10 billion and bought all the ales for 500k each, I'm pretty sure sellers wouldn't settle for less than 500k for those ales. A few people can influence the whole market if they got enough zeny to do it.

#10 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

Ive come to my senses now tough. Its stupid paying 200k/ale right now. Money is tight, gonna just slim white it I guess.

#11 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Seeing the vend history on ragial, people don't sell full carts of ales like at the first days after event was over when lots sold full carts. Lasts days only few vendors have been vending with a few dozens, sometimes hundreds of ales... so maybe supply is really low now. Without the event, the only way to obtain ales would be killing hundreds of thousands of monsters wearing a +7 hat. Eventually, not even bots or people farming will be able to keep supplying the market, so it is natural that the price goes up for those last stocked ales.

Edited by Kadnya, 19 September 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#12 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

no people are controlling the market to make it to a price that they like and that people are willing to pay and then they are gonna bot vend everything theyve been bot farming.

#13 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

no people are controlling the market to make it to a price that they like and that people are willing to pay and then they are gonna bot vend everything theyve been bot farming.

With a 1% drop chance when wearing the hat, it would take over two hundred thousand monsters killed just to fill one cart like people sold when the event was over. I think that ale supply will look more like how ygg seed supply was before (even with a highly botted alligator map, the supply was only hundreds)...

#14 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

considering how many bots are wearing the hat, and for how long, i think there are more than a few dozen full carts forth of ales on bot accounts.

#15 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

Since they're basically ygg seeds but far, far lighter shouldn't they actually be more expensive than seeds?

Actually, never mind.
I've long since stopped trying to understand the logic in how the market in iRO works.

#16 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

more supply than seeds, i used to think it had to do with the confusion status effect but its not a big deal. there are just so many ales that they can sell for less than seeds and still be worth more.

#17 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

With a 1% drop chance when wearing the hat, it would take over two hundred thousand monsters killed just to fill one cart like people sold when the event was over. I think that ale supply will look more like how ygg seed supply was before (even with a highly botted alligator map, the supply was only hundreds)...

Its much lower than 1%, probably 0.5% or less.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Ales dropped from the +7 St. Pat's Hat is set at a lower drop rate than Blanks from Spares. You can't farm that many on your own, even as a bot. You can kill large mobs of monsters for 4 hours and only get 10 Ales out of your hat. That's how low the rate is. Even if you have multiple bots running around with the same hat, it still won't be enough to make a single character overweight from holding a ton of Ales.

Also, 50% hp/sp recovery items were never meant to be so cheap. It's ridiculous to completely replace conventional healing items(In terms of cost as well as weight) like Mastellas/Ranked Slims with them in the first place.

#19 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

Green ales only ruined pvp and woe. Only benefits the bots.
This item should be banned from the game and YGGFRUIT AND YGGSEED need a reuse time (five and three seconds, like kRO).

Edited by SirDouglas, 19 September 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#20 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

cry more

#21 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

Ive come to my senses now tough. Its stupid paying 200k/ale right now. Money is tight, gonna just slim white it I guess.

Yeah why pay 200M for just 1k ales in WOE? It doesn't do much to get a high end fort. Very low ROI. Use it in high end MVP and the price might be justified.

#22 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

Why do Green Ales and *especially* the St. Patrick's hat still work when they're holiday event items?

#23 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

Why do Green Ales and *especially* the St. Patrick's hat still work when they're holiday event items?

if you didnt get it, the saint hat its not a problem and never was, the drop rate its ridiculus low, even boting with 100 chars per hour, you could get like 14 ales >_>

#24 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

Green ales only ruined pvp and woe. Only benefits the bots.
This item should be banned from the game and YGGFRUIT AND YGGSEED need a reuse time (five and three seconds, like kRO).

It ruined MVP too, even if you don't really need it but some people are way to dependable off green ales for low tier mvp -_-s. I don't think it should be bannable.

Edited by HRdevil, 20 September 2011 - 10:08 AM.

#25 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

for instances the ales and yggs should be disabled, making something worthy again the arch bishop!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users