Lots of Bugs lately... item shop, "ghost deal" bug - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Lots of Bugs lately... item shop, "ghost deal" bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

With the Item Shop bug, "ghost deal" bug just reported earlier and a lot of other bugs out there can we have a "Bug Announcement thread"? I know there is a separate place for bugs and stuff but people rarely go to that section unless they actualy experience a bug. It would be great to have a place to warn other players. I assume the item shop bugs had a lot more victims after the first person reported it. I reported it 3 days before maint and only during the normal maintenance hours did they deal with it. There could have been dozens of people who were victims of that bug.

The recent forum post about a "ghost deal" was most likely a bug and not a scam. However the deal involved high end in game items and Everyone should be warned. Prevention is better than cure.

Edited by Mhikeey, 19 September 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#2 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

I've heard of that trade bug/scam/hax/thing happening since the beginning of time. Don't think it's anything new.

#3 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

I've heard of that trade bug/scam/hax/thing happening since the beginning of time. Don't think it's anything new.

I never knew of something where both people had the items to trade (and proof of the trade) and then the item disappearing.

If it is indeed true that the bug has been there since the beginning of time then all the more that there should be a way to inform people of it.

#4 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

I had heard of it some time in the past as well. It is one reason I screenshot all my trades now. It would be kind of nice to see some list of known bugs though.

#5 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

Not all problems are "bugs", a lot of times they are simple exploits in communication data, not easy to fix or to even find. As far as a topic goes, that is what this is for: http://forums.warppo...-bug-reporting/

#6 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

Not all problems are "bugs", a lot of times they are simple exploits in communication data, not easy to fix or to even find. As far as a topic goes, that is what this is for: http://forums.warppo...-bug-reporting/

Well, okay let's make it bugs and exploits announcement thread then

What I am trying to ask is if it's possible to pin some sort of "Bug announcement" thread. As I've said, players don't go to that bug reporting section unless they've already experienced the bug. Why don't we prevent more people from experiencing it?

That buy shop bug cost me roughly half a bil. The zeny hasn't been returned and thankfully I have some resources I can use as I wait for some sort of reimbursement. However, for other players losing something out of a bug may mean the end of RO for them. They may move to other games that don't have these complications.

Edited by Mhikeey, 19 September 2011 - 09:55 PM.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

The zeny issue is between you and the support team, why they just closed your thread I don't know, but making your case on the forum on a soap box isn't going to help your case in any way. As for a bug thread, I can already tell you with a degree of certainty that that won't happen. Heim will say, "No I don't want a pinned bug thread".

#8 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

The zeny issue is between you and the support team, why they just closed your thread I don't know, but making your case on the forum on a soap box isn't going to help your case in any way. As for a bug thread, I can already tell you with a degree of certainty that that won't happen. Heim will say, "No I don't want a pinned bug thread".

I'm not making it a soap box issue. I'm merely stating what happened and what could potentially happen to others. The gravity of the previous "ghost deal thread" is what moved me to write this thread but I cannot state what specific item/s was/were lost. People should however still be warned. As I've said, prevention is better than cure.

Edited by Mhikeey, 19 September 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#9 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

A DR was lost. That's the gravity of one of the deals.

#10 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

A DR was lost. That's the gravity of one of the deals.

Thank you for stating. I didn't want to state it myself because I respected your privacy and Inubashiri might think I'm "soap boxing" again.

People should be warned that such a thing can happen.

Edited by Mhikeey, 19 September 2011 - 10:51 PM.

#11 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:53 PM

not a bug. its an exploit and you are the only one whose been so defensive regarding this matter. i dont see anyone posting anything like a "ghost deal thread" if its always happening ingame the forums should be flooded by it already. bugs occur always and not just 1 time. before this had happened using a 3rd party program. they may have managed to do that again but you cant fool the server they have logs of almost anything that has been happening ingame. every drop every trade everything that's why it takes a long time to go through the logs each time a player reports. if you know in the back of your mind that you have been abusing an exlpoit, you have to deal with the consequences.

#12 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:56 PM

If it happens then report it, the end. The worse thing anyone could do is NOT report something negative that happened to them. Buy shops are disabled right now, if you get scammed in a trade you simply report it and work with support, it has nothing to do with the players. Players won't get your items/zeny back. If Gravity determines that its a legit exploit, I don't like the word bug because it gets misused too much, they will announce something for people to be aware. Players just posting on a thread in a popular forum is nothing more than hearsay and won't produce any positive results. It has really no substance until its investigated and confirmed by the company that runs the game. This thing you saw about a trade exploit has happened in the long past, but just because a few people say it now doesn't make it true, I've had items disappear before from various means and it was nothing more than an error not an exploit. I even traded an item to a friend one time 3 times before it finally went thru. Posted Image

#13 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

If it happens then report it, the end. The worse thing anyone could do is NOT report something negative that happened to them. Buy shops are disabled right now, if you get scammed in a trade you simply report it and work with support, it has nothing to do with the players. Players won't get your items/zeny back. If Gravity determines that its a legit exploit, I don't like the word bug because it gets misused too much, they will announce something for people to be aware. Players just posting on a thread in a popular forum is nothing more than hearsay and won't produce any positive results. It has really no substance until its investigated and confirmed by the company that runs the game. This thing you saw about a trade exploit has happened in the long past, but just because a few people say it now doesn't make it true, I've had items disappear before from various means and it was nothing more than an error not an exploit. I even traded an item to a friend one time 3 times before it finally went thru. Posted Image

It's not hearsay if he has proof, which you guys won't let him post.
It's a very good thing to let people know what's happening and to be alert and especially who the person is if he has proof.

Sweeping something under a rug just makes it worse. The exploit exists, so it is indeed true and the community deserves to know.

Edited by Myzery, 20 September 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#14 Hulk

Hulk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

from what i know he hasn't lost anything. its the other player who he dealt with who didn't receive the item that they were supposed to be dealing. in his part he got the items/zeny but the other player didn't get the item. he is defending himself by saying there's a "ghost deal" that has happened. let the other player report what happened and lets wait from what gravity has to say. if its a bug they will surely post it or announce for players to know. if its an exlpoit then godspeed.

#15 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

If you have proof of an exploit the only place it needs to be is in the form of a support ticket or a PM to a CM or VM so we can report it. Posting screenshots whether they are genuine proof or not will be removed, if not by the VMs then by the CMs usually, this won't change. Also I wasn't going to post this but since nobody seems to get the message, when you post stuff about potential exploits, bots, etc and if they happen to be lurker viewers of this forum, you just tipped them off meaning they may not do it again for a while or at all. Its a lot easier to catch them if they think they are getting away with it. So no, not sweeping under the rug.Having screenshots, proof do not equal always. And no I'm not defending anyone, but getting worked up over something like this is exactly what you shouldn't do until you know the truth. Can't just go punish people or tarnish their rep just because of a screenshot or what someone says.

#16 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

The thing is, no one is trying to tarnish anyone's rep. We are simply trying to let the community know that such things exist.

If you don't let people know:
1. people may continue to do deals without screenshots and any care whatsoever which may result in an item being lost forever
2. people may experience the same thing and be caught off guard because they were not informed

If you let people know:
1. potential of "tipping the exploiter off and him/her never doing it again?" fantastic!
2. potential of "tipping the exploiter off and him/her not doing it for a long time?" good! The GMs can have time to investigate while the said person does not do it to anyone.

#17 mhikey

mhikey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

from what i know he hasn't lost anything. its the other player who he dealt with who didn't receive the item that they were supposed to be dealing. in his part he got the items/zeny but the other player didn't get the item. he is defending himself by saying there's a "ghost deal" that has happened. let the other player report what happened and lets wait from what gravity has to say. if its a bug they will surely post it or announce for players to know. if its an exlpoit then godspeed.

Actually it is viceroyblue who has not received the item they were supposed to be dealing and he posted the original "ghost deal thread" which was locked. So, no one is defending anyone if that is what you're trying to say. exploit or whatever it may be I believe it is in the best interest of the community to know that such a thing can happen and just be more careful (always take screenshots, etc.)

#18 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

Actually it is viceroyblue who has not received the item they were supposed to be dealing and he posted the original "ghost deal thread" which was locked. So, no one is defending anyone if that is what you're trying to say. exploit or whatever it may be I believe it is in the best interest of the community to know that such a thing can happen and just be more careful (always take screenshots, etc.)

Oh it wasn't me but a guildmate "lost" it. I saw the screenshot though.

#19 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

It shouldn't be hard to notice a one way trade in the logs if it was indeed a packet injection. I assume a packet injection deal will simply create an illusion on the deceived player's client that there is a 2way deal.

#20 Mhikeey

Mhikeey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

Oh it wasn't me but a guildmate "lost" it. I saw the screenshot though.

I see. I know the parties involved and they seem to both be perplexed by this. We'll see what happens.

#21 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

it is an intentional scam, why would he run after trade is done?

Edited by Inubashiri, 20 September 2011 - 06:50 AM.
no call outs please.

#22 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

When you are trading billion dollar cards it is always nice to take several screen shots. Screen Shots are your friends lol. -_-

#23 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

Let's not make any assumption until we get a response from the GM team. I have submitted a ticket myself and is anxiously awaiting for the end result. I've been refreshing my email all day.

#24 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

some ppl really have nerves of steel eh?

#25 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

dr turned into an apple right? well an apple a day keeps the doctor (dr) away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users